Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    I'll check it out.

Aww **** dudes, can't a poor sod get some real feedback. At this point I'll even settle for hater mail.

*chews a cigar* Merry fraking christmas. *hysterical laughter as he punches in the codes for the kinetic harpoons*
    It was good. Explained alot. Ok so how did they get killed? Bc it seems to me that there wouldnt be a ton of blood around if they were just being tossed around in their apartment? Will you be replacing the eye with some kind of bionic super eye?!?! Use a spell check next time too. Or at least have someone read it and fix the grammatical errors. I dont think anyone needs to "rewire medical attention"

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      The Wraith War

February 17, 2014
      The Lady In red; Part 9...b

Spoiler:
      The unchanging beep of the heart rate monitor was shortly overruled by the sounds of hustle and bustle of the hallway as McKay opened the door, and then faded back as it slid shut with a whoosh.
      Keller lay on the low bed, hooked up to the hastily set up monitors in the alien surrounding of someone else’s quarters, a white bandage wrapped around her head.
      “Oh man…” Rodney quietly sat on the edge of the bed. “I shouldn’t be standing here now, this ought to be the other way round.”
      “McKay, where are you? I need some help with the artificial gravity system.”
      “Well of course you do.” He taped his earpiece to enter. “I’ll be right there.”
      He looked down at Jennifer’s face one more time frowning with worry but stood up. As the doors closed behind him his face lit up and he snapped his fingers as something hit him. “Jeanie’s quarters are around here.” He whispered.

Walking down the corridor he checked the numbers on the apartment doors. 1403, 1405, 1407, 1409…The door a few meters away was open and light from the inside spilled out into the hallway. 1411, 1413- 1415. McKay stopped in the doorway to the open room, his face and upper chest lit up in turquoise light. As he stepped inside the caught the smell, it smelled… like blood. He hurried forward into the next room apprehensive- and straight into hell. He recoiled backwards, sleeve flying to his nose to cover the smell, blood covered the floor, the bottoms of cardboards boxes had taken on it’s colour, and where the wall should have been, he could see the next apartment., and the one after that, and the one after that. McKay staggered about and fell down against the wall, looking back the saw what he’d tripped over- a body bag- two body bags. “Oh no…” The whisper came out hoarse. “Nonnononon-no.” He Reached out and took the zipper on the bag nearest to him, then close his eyes and pulled, using his sleeve to once again cover the smell, and peaked- then promptly wiped his head to the side and retched.
      Thee was no head- just… a horrific tangle of bone and flesh at the neck. He puked again, wiping his mouth with the edge of his sleeve, his face and hands pale as paper, he took the zipper one more time, taking three tried to grab with his shaking hands, and pulled it lower. It’
      “It’s her shirt, she wore the same thing when I saw her today.” He let the zipper go and collapsed backwards against the wall. “It’s her….” Tears streamed down his face/ “It’s her….” And then it hit him “Two body bags… two…”

The soft beeping of the monitoring equipment formed a white noise as the surgeons worked around the table. “Ok, I’m cutting the optic nerve now.” He looked up at the monitors for any change, then satisfied went back to work. “ Alright, removing the left eye.” He lifted the dead organ out with a sucking noise. “That’s one crappy souvenir.” He said putting it down with bloodies gloves on the tray offered by a nurse. The eye hits it with a chink, and we see the large piece of debris lodged firmly in it, splitting the iris in half. “left eye extraction due to irreparable penetration damage by unidentified object in patient number one-five, last name: Miller Madison, successful. Let’s clean up.”
      My main problem is that there is NO WAY IN HELL a Hive could get that close to Atlantis without either Atlantis itself or any of the ships in orbit picking it up on sensors. And there would always be ships at Atlantis.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Tom I want you to give me details on what each of these does. Also what replaces railguns?

First Generation PBC (Particle Beam Cannon)
        Mk. II-B (limited refit for Union class, all Unions built after recieved PBC wepons)
        PAFEL (Phased Array Free Electon Laser)
        ELS
        BPL Munitions
        sigpic

Comment

First Generation PBC (Particle Beam Cannon). ever seen "a hundred days?" its a weapon that accellerates particles to relativistic speeds, creating a beam that, on impact, immediatly melts through anything. like a laser cutter, but not as precise: the ray is wider, not lightspeed, and the area of melting is larger.
          Mk. II-B (limited refit for Union class, all Unions built after recieved PBC wepons) exactly the same as the PCB, the first experimental types were fit here, to test them.
          PAFEL (Phased Array Free Electon Laser) its a phased [whatever that is] array of free electron lasers.
          ELS Electromagnetic Launch System. its a coilgun that launches missiles. shorter exit time of the tube, thus faster reloading
          BPL Munitions. a bomb with glass, and when it goes, the radiation goes through the glass and changes to X-ray, a type of radiation which happens to go through organisms quite easily. and harm them. which means the damage is no longer limited to just the armor, but penetrates much deeper.

i think ALL missiles are to be fit with BPL warheads

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            First Generation PBC (Particle Beam Cannon). ever seen "a hundred days?" its a weapon that accellerates particles to relativistic speeds, creating a beam that, on impact, immediatly melts through anything. like a laser cutter, but not as precise: the ray is wider, not lightspeed, and the area of melting is larger.
            Mk. II-B (limited refit for Union class, all Unions built after recieved PBC wepons) exactly the same as the PCB, the first experimental types were fit here, to test them.
            PAFEL (Phased Array Free Electon Laser) its a phased [whatever that is] array of free electron lasers.
            ELS Electromagnetic Launch System. its a coilgun that launches missiles. shorter exit time of the tube, thus faster reloading
            BPL Munitions. a bomb with glass, and when it goes, the radiation goes through the glass and changes to X-ray, a type of radiation which happens to go through organisms quite easily. and harm them. which means the damage is no longer limited to just the armor, but penetrates much deeper.

i think ALL missiles are to be fit with BPL warheads
            Well since no-one wants Jump Warfare, we don't don't really need BPL Mines. We could just keep standard nukes.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

no, nukes dont work. remember those culling arrays? besides, BPL's penetrate deep.

also, jump warfare is only usefull for wraith. its advantagous for wraith. they have a powerfull hull. but we dont. if we were to use jump warfare, we'd loose 10/10 times.

also:

first we need to know: how effective is ATA treatment now? because it seems that SGA doesnt have much people with the gene, and apparently the treatment doesnt work good enough.

my new character Neil Young HAS the gene, naturally, but isnt a natural like sheppard. he is good at using it, because he has trained himself like crazy. unlike sheppard, he has known it since he was 16, because he was that old during the Exodus.

Jared Nash has the gene, and is about beckett style [well, a bit better], and he doesnt suffer from fear or so: he is self-confident, down to earth kind of guy.

Comment

tom, sit down and have some calming pills before you read this.

Spoiler:

Surprise! part I

the sun rose up over the immense city on asuria. among the thousands of towers was the city of asuras. this cityship was a duplicate of atlantis, and the first was destroyed by sheppard and his team. the asurans had later re-made it, and now it was occupied by the tauri after the defeat of the asurans. of all the retrieved ZPM's, 3 powered Asuras, 6 powered the human presence of some 800000, the Asuran Celestias and the Pegasus had one.

Weir and Woolsey both sat in a comfortable chair. Oneill was back in atlantis, SG-1 offworld. mckay was buisy on some project, ronon leading an offworld strike team, Teyla was back in atlantis with Torren, who had grown into a teenager. sheppard sat next to weir. caldwell was there too, along with lorne, and a few dozen other millitary people. they were in the millitary centre of asuras, at a tactical meeting.
                teldy's team was responsible for the intell.

Dr. Alison Porter,Sgt. Dusty Mehra, Capt. Alicia Vega were all geared up. they walked into the jumper, mehra took the right co-pilot seat, Teldy took the controls. porter and vega sat in the backseats. mckay had arrived.
                "the probe has been equipped with ceramic polymer plating, subspace tracker, Sodan cloak, powersource lasting for 2 weeks, and some sensors," he said.
                "once you fire it, it magnetically attaches to the hull, then clamps into it."
                "thank you, one briefing is enough," Mehra said. "so lets go."
                teldy activated the comm system and shut the door.
                "this is teldy. Jumper 12 is ready to go."
                "Ok jumper 12, doors are open, gate is dialled," the control room responded. it was the voice of amelia banks.

the jumper lifted up, then hovered forward, then went down via the Jumperbay doors, and descended into the gateroom. weir was looking from the balcony. the jumper then headed through.

the transition was done in an instant. thousands of lightyears crossed within the second. the jumper cloaked immediatly.
                "alright, lets head off," teldy said.
                she nodded to Porter, who accessed some controls. in the back, two Mark II generators started buzzing, and a hyperrift opened. the jumper then entered.

after a trip, the jumper dropped out of hyperspace. it immediatly cloaked.
                "so," vega said. "how do we know its reliable intel?"
                "oh," Mehra said with a smile. "sometimes, people get honest. especially when you ask nicely. and they're hanging upside down from a cliff. and if THAT wont work, ask teal'c. he beats a lie detector. always gets the best intel from people. or wraith."
                "porter, what are you doing," Vega said, while watching Porter. she was buisy, typing and fanatically looking and working with her laptop.
                "its a great feat to get something like THIS into hyperspace. the f-302 project failed on that aspect. Mckay's hyperdrive works fine, im just checking to spot any errors. its a prototype after all."
                "knock yourself out," porter said, rolling her eyes.

"wake up."
                "what?"
                "wake up," porter said again. vega finally awakened. Mehra was already scanning, while Teldy was still asleep.
                an immense wraith fleet had arrived, outsizing anything ever seen before. and it wasnt even a war fleet. twenty hives, some sixty cruisers, and hundreds of FTL scouts. the hives were armored, the Cruisers even more. clearly a sign of renette. only a bright red banner saying "renette" wouldve been more obvious.
                teldy was awake now, and ready.
                Mehra looked at the HUD, then pointed out a spot.
                "implant it on this central hive. according to our blueprints, sensors are minimal there, and with such armor, they wouldnt notice a gunboat attached to it."
                teldy shot a glance at it, then focussed. the cloaked jumper fired the projectile from one of the pods, and then it cloaked aswell.
                mehra looked at the hud, then at Porter.
                "do a full sweep, we need to gather as much intel as we can."
                porter nodded.
                the probe had attached itself to the hive.

"what are they waiting for," porter asked.
                Teldy turned around.
                "didnt those things need regeneration?"
                "yes, but dozens of short stops can be done before a full regen is needed. these things can easily do annother 14 jumps before they even have to PLAN the next full regen."
                her answer came swift. annother hyperrift opened, and some thirty cruisers came out.
                the cruisers docked at the hives, the remaining ten waiting in space.
                "resupply," porter said. that explains it.
                Mehra however was looking at the HUD.
                "probe is online," she said. "clear sensor data. mission success".

"and now, we will gather a fleet and fight these ships," the spokesman finished.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  sheppard ran walked onto the Bridge. some engineers were buisy on the bridge. it had an ancient style, but the Celestia Class warship was built by the Asurans. sheppard took place in the captain's chair, which doubled as Ancient control Chair. "fire it up," he said.

the Asuran warship left the docks. it had been a construction facility for Asuran Celestias, but the damage done was too much, and it was refit as a repair yard and docks.
                  sheppard focussed. the craft went higher and higher, breaking away from the planet. there, in space, it met its sister ships, and the rest of the fleet.
                  three more Celestia class Warships, the Pegasus, the Dakara, the Lantea, the Chulak, ten Achilles, the Aurora, the Athena, thirty new Ha'tak, ten Traveller Generational ships, and an Ancient Aurora named the Sheppard.

Mckay beamed aboard the ship.
                  "so, you know how to handle this thing, right?"
                  sheppard looked at Mckay with a face of annoyance. "i do rodney, its not like its the first ive flown."
                  "yes, but this thing is asuran, and besides, it has various other technologies aboard."
                  "ive had a briefing. remeber?"
                  mckay was somewhat distracted, the decided to ignore sheppard and continue.
                  " it has 30 Type 5 AKEWs, and 20 Focussed Particle Cannons. the ancient ships you've flown were damaged and 10000 years old."
                  "yes, which makes riding a fully functional one kid's play. though i wouldnt let my kids ride one of these things," john added. he turned around, and looked at one of the technicians.
                  "beam him off please."
                  "what, No, i wasnt finished y-" mckay started before he was beamed off.
                  "so, that's probably the best upgrade this thing has had."'
                  john smiled.

caldwell appeared onscreen.
                  "ready?".
                  "yes sir."
                  "named the thing already," caldwell asked.
                  sheppard paused.
                  "Kronos sounds nice," one of the techies said.
                  "i can name things myself, thank you. what about Kronos? sounds nice," john said.
                  "Kronos it is," caldwell said. the HUD displaying the fleet refreshed, now the central blue dot was marked as "Kronos".
                  The fleet then left. a hour later, they had arrived at the Rendez-vouz point.
                  "they should be here soon," caldway said, nodding to Major Marks.
                  "sensors display nothing, sir." "wait, we have recieved a Databurst. im opening on a firewall computer."
                  the holographic technology onboard the Pegasus showed a screen. a man appeared.
                  "my name is Narath. i am of the Multiworlds. as you can see, we decided such an oppurtunity could not be wasted. but we need the blueprints of the wraith ships. do as i say, and it's gonna be real easy. but if i have to do what you say, most of us wont see annother day."
                  caldwell looked at the hologram.
                  "where did that burst come from?"
                  "cant trace it, sir", marks said.
                  "send them the basic data," caldwell said. "nothing detailled, just strategical locations within hives and cruisers."
                  "im sending, sir," marks replied. "sent."
                  marks then glanced at his console. "transmission from sheppard."
                  a hologram appeard, displaying sheppard.
                  "i dont know if you know, but i know that there are a few dozen ships just out of sensor range."
                  "if they are out of range, then how the hell can you see them?" caldwell was angry.
                  "my sensors are better than yours."
                  "annother databurst sir."
                  Narath appeared again.
                  "alright. we have a deal. now where are the coordinates? no tricks. our weapons are charged and ready. one wrong move and i am forced to destroy your ships. even though its a waste of resources perfect to fight wraith."
                  caldwell paused.
                  "tell him we have to wait for them, as the fleet hasnt dropped out of hyperspace."
                  "actually, they just did. coordinates acquired. sending fleetwide and to the Multiworlds."
                  caldwell pressed a button.
                  "this is caldwell. proceed to coordinates, hyperjump in five seconds from my mark. Mark."

in space, the multiworlds vessels already jumped into hyperspace. soon, the rest of the fleet followed.

a massive hyperrift opened, and the massive fleet issued from it. twenty hives, and sixty cruisers lay waiting. not to mention the lack of darts and the presence of scouts.
                  but the hives did not flee. they were dead in the water, untill they finally activated their Sublight. there were marks of heavy damage.
                  RKV's moved through space at high speeds, coming from behind the Allied fleet. the jaffa had broken Formation, as the three Dakara class and thirty ha'tak moved away to attack the hives. the ten traveller ships along with their Celestia had opened fire on a nearby cruiser Hunterpack, consisting of 5 cruisers. drones rapidly cut through the ranks, as all of the secondary cannons on the Celestia fired on the next cruiser.
                  the Tauri fleet had gone annother way, the ten achilles going toe-to-to with a cruiser battlegroup, the two Aurora class taking on a battlegroup of their own, the Pegasus and the four Asuran celestias taking on two simultaniously. the RKV's sped by fast, then impacted a hive. hundreds of pellets had been fired just before impact, blasting a deep hole in the hive. other RKV's hit the next hive, creating even more craters. the entire battlegroup was on the move. three Dakaras opened fire on a single hive, their Scarabs blasting holes in the Hulls, their guns creating an immense rain of fire. the Dakara made a loop, evading wraith weaponsfire. still, their hybrid shields rendered both blueshift and redshift bolts much less effective. Tauri ships were being hit by red bolts only. shields were rapidly deteriorating. Travellers had their own shields, being hybrids of so many races that any specialized weapon would be a normal weapon. and their shields were formidable. cold plasma armor however, made their contribution nil. the Dakara vessels were having a hard time damaging the Cold plasma armor aswell, although their Scarabs did what their plasma cannons couldnt.
                  the tauri had a colorfull armament, so their BPL missiles and PAFEL arrays still did SOME damage.

sheppard focussed. the Kronos turned on its side, then all 20 particle cannons fired on the nearby cruisers. green beams cut through the thick armor. it jumped to hyperspace, its hyperdrive failing and ending up being tossed half an AU away.
                  "i can do that too," sheppard said under his breath. the Kronos jumped to hyperspace, evading a shower of blueshift bolts. as soon as it exited hyperspace, shields raised again, and the AKEW's gave it a slug shower. the green beams had caused great damage to the culling arrays, making the slugs impact deep within the cruiser. particle cannons charged again, and now sliced the cruiser in half.

three Celestias moved in on the Hive, then fired. sixty green beams impacted, cutting off the engines, both large arms, and creating deep cuts in the armor. culling arrays went offline, and a shower of AKEW fire created a carpet of explosions, then the hive was cut in half, then each piece exploded with great power.

more green particle beams sliced through a Cruiser battlegroup. RKV's finished them off.

caldwell looked at the holographic display. several dots representing Ha'tak faded. the achilles were down to 5, ha'tak to 30, 8 Generational ships remained, 3 dakaras, 2 auroras, 4 celestias. the Multiworlds were close now, but hadnt suffered any losses.

The aurora opened fire with a large volley on the Hive. plasma weapons mildly impacted the cold plasma armor, the railslugs were swept away by the cull arrays. BPL's made deep wounds. culling arrays were devastated by the x-ray beams. now, railguns DID hurt, pumping huge amounts of ammo deep into the hull of the hive. multiworlds particle beams sliced off chunks from the hive, as annother RKV strike blasted a hive to smithereens.

out of the vast fleet, just seven hives remained, and out of the cruisers a small 50 remained.
                  the multiworlds drew in close now, as their ammo started to run dry. a final strike blasted the remaining hives to hell, as the RKV's punctured the hives, ripping their internals apart, and the particle beams sliced the devastated hives in half. a cataclysmic detonation in space lit up every ship, brighter than daylight, brighter than standing next to the sun. in an instant, it was dark again. 30 cruisers escaped, the remaining 20 had their hyperdrives damaged. the multiworlds flew away, deprived of their main ammo. the coalition fleet gathered, and came in for the kill. the Kronos ended 6 cruisers with a swift blow, the remainders being cut up by the Sheppard and the other Celestia classes.

almost half the fleet was cut up, but the New Order had lost the most. still, more than 40 cruiser and a few hives had managed to escape.

luckily, the tagged hive was among them. space was filled with debris, large chunks of hive and cruiser and other ships lay among the remains.

Comment

Originally posted by DaCk View Post
                    It was good. Explained alot. Ok so how did they get killed? Bc it seems to me that there wouldnt be a ton of blood around if they were just being tossed around in their apartment? Will you be replacing the eye with some kind of bionic super eye?!?! Use a spell check next time too. Or at least have someone read it and fix the grammatical errors. I dont think anyone needs to "rewire medical attention"
                    I did use spellcheack, it's the garmmar! Well if the giant hole in the wall didn't shed any light on that, i guess I'll put in a bit of dialogue in the nextpart to clarrify.

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                    My main problem is that there is NO WAY IN HELL a Hive could get that close to Atlantis without either Atlantis itself or any of the ships in orbit picking it up on sensors. And there would always be ships at Atlantis.
                    Yeah, but long range sensors don't detect ships in hyper. And this hive was retrofited for long range hyper.

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                    Well since no-one wants Jump Warfare, we don't don't really need BPL Mines. We could just keep standard nukes.
                    Jump warfare is really not as tedious as Killman's made it out to be, sorry for not responding to that earrlier, I forgot. Things chance every jump, you rethink strategies, adapt to new enemy atitudes, your plan changes on any number of variables, so it would be very intense, very fast paced warfare that would srtrech on for some time ususlay before a "winner" would emerge.

no, nukes dont work. remember those culling arrays? besides, BPL's penetrate deep.
                    Very low pwered shields could protect nukes, it's getting past the Wraith ECM, EW, PD and their manuvrability and jumps that's the real *****.

also, jump warfare is only usefull for wraith. its advantagous for wraith. they have a powerfull hull. but we dont. if we were to use jump warfare, we'd loose 10/10 times.
                    Actualy, the wraith are at a disadvantage in jump warfare. Their main craft is the LAC, which is very maneuvrable, but also quite small and relatively easy to destroye once past it's EW. And their other ships are too big for the kind of on the spot vector corection neeed in jump warfare- they just amke up for it with thousands of LACs (coalition ships should expect to be outnumbered 12 to one in any battle at least).

If we don't use jump warfare however, they will be able to spam us with fusion missiles from beyond DEW range- and those hurt, shields don't fully stop them, parts leak through and fry ECM clusters, sensors, and whatever else isn't armored.

By chasing them we have the advantage, making hsields that come online quicly isn't that hard, so our ships are more durable than theirs, and they can be big enough to inflict serious danage wihtout being too big that it affects maneuvrability.

also:

first we need to know: how effective is ATA treatment now? because it seems that SGA doesnt have much people with the gene, and apparently the treatment doesnt work good enough.
                    What's the cannon percentage?

About the battle.

-2019 is near the end of the war, so jump warfare would be the norm, so the fleet would jump in as close as it could to the hives and spam out BPL munitions, then do whatever, and by this time all ships would use PBCs instead of plasma bolters.
                    -I'm strongly oposed to naming any ships after our main characters before they die.
                    -800000 is too small a number, given at least 14 million humans from earth.
                    -Don't bother with PBCs on the Celestias, any ancient wepon should be able to rape any one of ours.
                    -MW introduction seems rather abrusp, I don't think we'd go for it.
                    -Sublight are always on. How do you think ships move through hyper.
                    -Not enough use of the LACs, they would be the shield and sword of the entire flotila, a Coalition fleet that bi they would be spamming out fusion missiles like fireworks on the fourth of jully- so would the bigger ships BTW.
                    - If the hives sawy they were outnumbered, or if they were taking too much damage, they would retreat into hyper, leaving the Coalition to deal with a massive cloud of fuson missile equiped mosquitoes.

Comment

If the hives sawy they were outnumbered, or if they were taking too much damage, they would retreat into hyper, leaving the Coalition to deal with a massive cloud of fuson missile equiped mosquitoes
                      their hyperdrives were taken out by the RKV's. why the hell do you think they needed that data, hence the "do what i say and its easy"

remember that SG1 was offworld? they passed on the word via a MW's trade representative, so the MW's recieved a small hand device containing the coordinates of the Rendevous point.

-Don't bother with PBCs on the Celestias, any ancient wepon should be able to rape any one of ours.
                      they were asuran PBC's

-800000 is too small a number, given at least 14 million humans from earth.
                      atleast that number on Asuras. the rest on the mainland. IE, the other 1.2 million. given our medical technology, the education and whatever, our reproductional rate would be higher than in RL, a population doubling every decade or so.

asuras alone can hold some 10 billion, so no population problems for the next 1000 years.

im not sure how your fusion charges work. i mean, nukes never really hurt shields. and uranium-based is better. the deuterium is needed for the Cold fusion.

Comment

their hyperdrives were taken out by the RKV's. why the hell do you think they needed that data, hence the "do what i say and its easy"

remember that SG1 was offworld? they passed on the word via a MW's trade representative, so the MW's recieved a small hand device containing the coordinates of the Rendevous point.
                        Alright, that still doen't explain the lack of LACs.

they were asuran PBC's
                        AKEWS are more powerfull, no?

atleast that number on Asuras. the rest on the mainland. IE, the other 1.2 million. given our medical technology, the education and whatever, our reproductional rate would be higher than in RL, a population doubling every decade or so.

asuras alone can hold some 10 billion, so no population problems for the next 1000 years.
                        I mean we have 15 mil humans + refugees righ tnow, I came up with housing our ecess evacuees in diferent places in pegasus, teaching and helping out in exchance for a place to say and food.

im not sure how your fusion charges work. i mean, nukes never really hurt shields. and uranium-based is better. the deuterium is needed for the Cold fusion.
                        Deuterium is easy to extract. Remember in Echoes the hull temperature was rising even through boosted shields? This will be like that, except for brief but intense periods of time.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I mean we have 15 mil humans + refugees righ tnow, I came up with housing our ecess evacuees in diferent places in pegasus, teaching and helping out in exchance for a place to say and food.

didnt we have like 1 million? refugees would seriously amp up the numbers. just say that immigration has upped the number, we have alot of work and not enough workers to do so, so enough place for employment

Comment

Spoiler:

didnt we have like 1 million? refugees would seriously amp up the numbers. just say that immigration has upped the number, we have alot of work and not enough workers to do so, so enough place for employment
                            Initialy I thought we could only support 1 mil, but then I realised we could suport more if we housed them in the various villages and townships in Pegasus, trading knowledge and coalition membership for housing and food.

Comment

well i thought of a second exodus. after all, we had like a week to evacuate, so we got out a million. but why not go back afterwards, bring in the oddy cloaked, with a gate onboard, and just beam the people right through. beam reciever and emitter at the other end, and just beam infrastructure over.

Comment

well i thought of a second exodus. after all, we had like a week to evacuate, so we got out a million. but why not go back afterwards, bring in the oddy cloaked, with a gate onboard, and just beam the people right through. beam reciever and emitter at the other end, and just beam infrastructure over.
                                Don't we do this already?

Comment

Working...
                                X