No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new re juggle of the forum has thrown me, the sci and tech section is in a different place on the main page, its just weird, its never moved in 4 years. I keep clicking on sg1
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Bo i wont say that im not skeptical as well. I have warned Mike about the pitfalls of trying this. I am not against it, but i think this thread and this forum have to remain the focus, at least for a while, we just dont have the support to exist independant of GW and thats a simple fact.
      Im not against the idea, but logistically it may not be worth it. although im willing to go with it for the time being.
      Well I've seen it happen and I dont want it to happen to this thread because iI dont want to see this thread go bad.

The new re juggle of the forum has thrown me, the sci and tech section is in a different place on the main page, its just weird, its never moved in 4 years. I keep clicking on sg1
      I was thrown off too I thought that I was going nuts.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Ive seen it happen as well.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Hey i know this is a substantial change, but I have been offered a fleet folder in Role playing, for the fleets. It wouldnt be in Science and Tech, but what do people think about us moving to there instead?
          sigpic
          11000! green me

Comment

Hey i know this is a substantial change, but I have been offered a fleet folder in Role playing, for the fleets. It wouldnt be in Science and Tech, but what do people think about us moving to there instead?
            I think this is a good step forward for the fleet(s). I'm all for this because it will keep the fleets on this website and there will be a one place were there is access to all the fleets.
            But I dont think it fits in the role playing section, if we could get a folder in science and tech it would be best. I dont think it would do good down there because we'll have to section hop for the OSTD sinces thats where the majority of the ships on this site are born. The basis of the fleets is in science and tech and I think that it should stay here.

I'm in, let go for it
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I think we should stay here.

BTW: is ther any chance we can get moved back to the top of the list? This is weird.

Comment

Please tell me we aren't moving...
                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I would say from the preliminary results were not, a folder in science and tech though? that would be better?
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

I would say from the preliminary results were not, a folder in science and tech though? that would be better?
                    Just leave it.

Comment

Why is this not a good thing? It will give us the space needed to actually expand the fleets.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Why is this not a good thing? It will give us the space needed to actually expand the fleets.
                        We already have enough space.

Besides, movinng the folder means one more click for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          I know having our own forum seems to be a good idea but from what i've seen on other websites is, when a thread, like CASF, makes their own website to do business, it goes down hill after about a month or two. People stop visiting it and posting on it and soon it becomes very slow.
                          I'm not trying to burst your bubble but I think it is best to keep it on this forum becuase this is where the people are. Making another site is just more work for people, if they regular here every day or every other day then there is not reason to make them go somewhere else to do something that they could of done here.
                          I kinda feel like im reitterating myself but its a bad idea to make your own forum based on a single thread or thread concpets of another.
                          Very true, I've seen that happen, it won't stop if people don't make an effort. Which I honestly think that everyone could and will.

It's not based on just a single thread or fleet concepts, I'm also introducing it to the RPG community who can start there own work on there. You can even write other sci-fi on the forum on the Fandom Fiction Writing. There's also the Virtual Series Forum to write your own script series. So its not secluded to just the Fleet idea and to the single fleet. As I CLEARLY posted on the Forum.

Bo i wont say that im not skeptical as well. I have warned Mike about the pitfalls of trying this. I am not against it, but i think this thread and this forum have to remain the focus, at least for a while, we just dont have the support to exist independant of GW and thats a simple fact.
                          Im not against the idea, but logistically it may not be worth it. although im willing to go with it for the time being.
                          Hey, I'm skeptical as well, I just wanted to see if this would work and see if it plays out well enough for it to keep on going. I agree that we have to remain existing at the moment, at least for awhile, on this thread and site.

Ya, I just hope it works out is all. Cause I intend this site to be a Fan FICTION writing site or just plain fiction writing. So... ya. I even made a modeling section for people to post models, etc. So, no biggie. Plus I gave everyone in AUVF and Fugimans fleet their own Fleet Subforums. so ya...

lol.

Well I've seen it happen and I dont want it to happen to this thread because iI dont want to see this thread go bad.

I was thrown off too I thought that I was going nuts.
                          lol, same here.

I don't mind at all, but why RPG? We're not even RPG... lol. Though I don't mind however.

I think this is a good step forward for the fleet(s). I'm all for this because it will keep the fleets on this website and there will be a one place were there is access to all the fleets.
                          But I dont think it fits in the role playing section, if we could get a folder in science and tech it would be best. I dont think it would do good down there because we'll have to section hop for the OSTD sinces thats where the majority of the ships on this site are born. The basis of the fleets is in science and tech and I think that it should stay here.

I'm in, let go for it
                          I agree.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          I think we should stay here.

BTW: is ther any chance we can get moved back to the top of the list? This is weird.

Yes, folder in Science and Tech.

It is a good thing. Toms just going off. lol.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          We already have enough space.

Besides, movinng the folder means one more click for all of us.
                          lol, oh Tom quit being so lazy. I saw Fleet Folder in the Science and Tech. If we can't then I guess I'll go for the RPG room...
                          sigpic
                          You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post
                            lol, oh Tom quit being so lazy. I saw Fleet Folder in the Science and Tech. If we can't then I guess I'll go for the RPG room...
                            *makes a long face* But mooooooooom.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Mike David View Post
                              Very true, I've seen that happen, it won't stop if people don't make an effort. Which I honestly think that everyone could and will.

It's not based on just a single thread or fleet concepts, I'm also introducing it to the RPG community who can start there own work on there. You can even write other sci-fi on the forum on the Fandom Fiction Writing. There's also the Virtual Series Forum to write your own script series. So its not secluded to just the Fleet idea and to the single fleet. As I CLEARLY posted on the Forum.
                              Im sorry but I haven't actually looked at your forum yet so I dont know.

You might have something there if you make the site a forum for all scifi fan fiction. You might even lure in people from other sites and from this site that are not involved with the fleets or know of thire concept. Now that would be something.
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Darren isnt willing to subfolder the science and tech section, but if Fanfiction sounds good, thats a possibility. What do people think?
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X