Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
    The gun turrets were supposed to be like the ones from the Aurora..but I didn't have a good pic.
    They just don't look right IMO but still good work its the one thing I don't really like but really god job
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

can I try that too?

looks interesting!
      Visit my Website

Comment

Erm if zake has the base model im sure you can have a go at doing it. Thanks for the comment's, im thinking of retexturing the model because even i dont like them, but i really really really like the look of my one, both of them in fact, im actually really proud of this model because two designs have come out of one base and they are both really good. I may be inventing a new race that are kinda like the travellers, for 3.0 who use old Lantian ships as part of thier fleet, and this is one of thier main ones.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

why not make them the travelers themselves?

I don't think theres anymore episodes this season on Atlantis with them, so you could make up anything about them.

And since unending never happened, we could be in Pegasus and happen across them.
          Visit my Website

Comment

Well I saw a wip of immhotep's ship yesterday but its great seeing the final version both of you came up with.

It was a great idea for a project which made 2 very cool models.

On another note, now that immhotep can convert the sketchup models for me I can start doing whole fleet scenes. Some polygons get flipped in the conversion but that’s easy to fix and none of the textures get converted so I have to use my own presets I've made over the years for textures but now we can have some fleet battle pictures to go with our great stories.

Here is a quick textured test for the Gaia Mark I (I see Extrenix was working on a new one.)
            Spoiler:

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

True, could put the travellers in 3.0.. Really Really like the Gaia model RJB!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                True, could put the travellers in 3.0.. Really Really like the Gaia model RJB!
                Well Extrenix deserve the thanks for making the model, I just gave it a new coat of paint.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I think the Wraith war would have exposed the Travellers and likely wiped them out. Gaia looks really cool RJB.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I thought the wraith wars were mostly based in the MW galaxy?
                    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      I thought the wraith wars were mostly based in the MW galaxy?
                      Only a single battle took place in the MW, the battle for Earth. We fought the Wraith in Pegasus for 15-20 years. It was completely Pegasus based aside from a single confrontation.

The number of Wraith ships in the galaxy at the time would have meant unless the Travelers hid in Tau'ri space away from the front lines they would have been wiped out.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                        The gun turrets were supposed to be like the ones from the Aurora..but I didn't have a good pic.

Spoiler:

Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          Only a single battle took place in the MW, the battle for Earth. We fought the Wraith in Pegasus for 15-20 years. It was completely Pegasus based aside from a single confrontation.

The number of Wraith ships in the galaxy at the time would have meant unless the Travelers hid in Tau'ri space away from the front lines they would have been wiped out.
                          Didnt sheppard find them on the edge of a galaxy anyways?

Oh wait never mind, on the edge of a dwarf star.

Hmm...Im sure if you guys really wanted them in the fleet someone would come up with a good explanation as to why they were never found until this point.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Well we could use the Darkspace. I know the reapers and wraith were both there but they could have hidden maybe. I might make it paradox..hmm.
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                              Well we could use the Darkspace. I know the reapers and wraith were both there but they could have hidden maybe. I might make it paradox..hmm.
                              The Dark space was a Wraith strong hold so thats a big NO. It was the one area of space the Tau'ri never dared attack. And once the Reapers got their it became even worse seeing as they can sense humans and Wraith. You might make what paradox?

Comment

the ship. The Paradox would have knowledge of pre pegasus Ancient ships, may have..ooo! I know what it can be, in the origional paradox history each of the paradox "knights" set out in their own ship and travelled to variously galaxys, some remained in the MW, other wents to Pegasus, a few went to Ida and only regrouped in order to fight the Adnihlo. This ship could be thier own personal cruisers, each one is the flagship of a Knight of the Paradox and is equipped and styles differently. With the base makeup that can be augmented as they travel, some get beaten up on the journey others are basicly brand new. Paradox it is!
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X