No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, well depending on demand there may be a battlecarrier, it looks like battlecarrier could be a very interesting class, bo and extrenix's new ship looks like a battlecarrier, so we will leave that class as a maybe and if there are say 3 or more designs for that class then we can do a vote, if there isnt any submissions then we can leave it.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

About what size should destroyer be??

Comment

up too 300m but preferable in the 150-200 range.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

Hey just did a couple of pics:
          Spoiler:

Comments welcome, there just random shots..
          Immhotep
          sigpic
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
            Hey just did a couple of pics:
            Spoiler:

Comments welcome, there just random shots..
            Immhotep
            Looks really cool mate. What ships have you got? (I'm asking for a full list lol)
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well, if we're posting renders...

Spoiler:
              g

Comment

did you do that in sketchup or another program?

because the lighting seems weird.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                  did you do that in sketchup or another program?

because the lighting seems weird.
                  I'm not sure who you're asking, but it's the same answer either way. Another program.

edit: What a waste of my 2000th post! ><
                  Last edited by ZakeD; 01 November 2007, 12:32 PM.

Comment

and speaking of clases.
                    the deadalus replacement, the fleet is gonna need a new workhoese so include a DSC!

AND

MJOLNIR

1. the projectile:
                    the MJOLNIR projectile is esentialy a warhead without propulsion.it does however have guidance trusters for small coarse corections.the actual progectile has a muzzle velocity of nearly 0.07c(please tell me if this figure makes sense). it houses a self destruct and a subspace reciever that will detonate it should it miss it's target. because the projectile will be traveling at such speeds the detonation will be trigered by the impact itself(the enormos kinetic and explosive force will compress the naquadah against a shield or hull detonating it).

2. the launcher:
                    the MJOLNIR launcher is a massive coil gun that requires assembler construction to ensure that it can survive the masive amounts of energy being pumped through it without melting or losing structural integrity.
                    it's surprisingly short for what it does, reling on not anti gravity emiters for the initial push and coils for the projectiles final acceleration.

3.the inertial dampeners
                    less dampeners and more a reactinless drive in on itself, the 3 triangular rods encircling the firing chamber can handle the spontanious(and astronomic amount) of power needed to lessen the weapon's recoil to safe enought levels for the ship to handle.

4.the mount:
                    anchoring this beast to its ship is a great trinium/titanium mount that is conected directly into the ships internal scheleton do distrubute the (still powerful) recoil produced by the weaopn firing.

5. the power conduits:
                    the only material tha tauri could find that could handle the anourmous power conduction that was required to operate the weapon succesfuly was naquada. and even then these mamoth power conduits had to be made extra thick in order not to destabilise during firing.

the sheer bulk and mass of this weapon alone limits it's mounting to supercapital vessels and it's slow ROF demeens it even more. however this weapon was not build with only one capability in mindower!
                    the instantanious delivery of that much force is rivale only by the other experimentals.and even a shielded reaper destroyer can only take one hit before succumbing.

tell me what you thinkk. if you like it I'll make a drawing and post more of these.

Comment

Originally posted by chicer_mister View Post
                      and speaking of clases.
                      the deadalus replacement, the fleet is gonna need a new workhoese so include a DSC!

AND

MJOLNIR

1. the projectile:
                      the MJOLNIR projectile is esentialy a warhead without propulsion.it does however have guidance trusters for small coarse corections.the actual progectile has a muzzle velocity of nearly 0.07c(please tell me if this figure makes sense). it houses a self destruct and a subspace reciever that will detonate it should it miss it's target. because the projectile will be traveling at such speeds the detonation will be trigered by the impact itself(the enormos kinetic and explosive force will compress the naquadah against a shield or hull detonating it).

2. the launcher:
                      the MJOLNIR launcher is a massive coil gun that requires assembler construction to ensure that it can survive the masive amounts of energy being pumped through it without melting or losing structural integrity.
                      it's surprisingly short for what it does, reling on not anti gravity emiters for the initial push and coils for the projectiles final acceleration.

3.the inertial dampeners
                      less dampeners and more a reactinless drive in on itself, the 3 triangular rods encircling the firing chamber can handle the spontanious(and astronomic amount) of power needed to lessen the weapon's recoil to safe enought levels for the ship to handle.

4.the mount:
                      anchoring this beast to its ship is a great trinium/titanium mount that is conected directly into the ships internal scheleton do distrubute the (still powerful) recoil produced by the weaopn firing.

5. the power conduits:
                      the only material tha tauri could find that could handle the anourmous power conduction that was required to operate the weapon succesfuly was naquada. and even then these mamoth power conduits had to be made extra thick in order not to destabilise during firing.

the sheer bulk and mass of this weapon alone limits it's mounting to supercapital vessels and it's slow ROF demeens it even more. however this weapon was not build with only one capability in mindower!
                      the instantanious delivery of that much force is rivale only by the other experimentals.and even a shielded reaper destroyer can only take one hit before succumbing.

tell me what you thinkk. if you like it I'll make a drawing and post more of these.
                      Er..if you look on the website, you'll see we have coil guns that fire rounds at like 200,000 meters per second.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o
                        RESERVED FOR BOBERTH2O's DESTROYER POST
                        RESERVED FOR COMMENT ON BOBERTH2O's DESTROYER POST

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                          I'm not sure who you're asking, but it's the same answer either way. Another program.

edit: What a waste of my 2000th post! ><
                          I was asking Immo but it can go either way.

and sowwie
                          Visit my Website

Comment

My destroyer submission
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Sorry maniac but thats way too big for a destroyer, i was thinking upper limit of 400m long for a destroyer, 900 i just too big and its a bit too armed, change the 7 plasma cannons for 7 Type II's. I like the ship its just a bit too big, maybe it could be a battlecruiser...
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
                                Er..if you look on the website, you'll see we have coil guns that fire rounds at like 200,000 meters per second.
                                which website?
                                and my point is that this gun fires them freakisly fast, you'l have to excuse me if my speeds are off.

Comment

Working...
                                X