Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
    I made a weapon pack a long time ago. It's on the 3d warehouse. No one really uses it though.
    Yeah I searched through your models awhile and found it, But I think it would be more uniform in the models, sweeter.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD View Post
      We've made ion cannons. Doesn't mean they should be uber powerful. We've been studying them for 40 years or so, and have had energy weapons for 20 years. The most powerful you could even think of fitting on your ship are the staff cannon like mark one cannons. Your argument is kinda dumb, seeing that enough hits from low power nukes can take out any shield no matter how powerful they are. That still doesn't mean they are extremely strong. And seeing that the defeat of the Ori hasn't been televised..that part of your statement is also quite dumb.
      Im talking about this FANFICTION of a fleet rather than the real show. Its suppose to be 2045 or whatever, we already defeated the wraith and Ori. We've had xxx so many years now and all were allowed to have is mark 1 plasma canons and rail guns and regular naq. enhanced nukes? That is dumb
      Visit my Website

Comment

I don't know if you can or can not vote for your own ship so I'm voting for the Freedom Class ship

Also what was wrong with my ship? I'm not trying to be mean but I want to improve the design
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon View Post
          Hang on guys! I've still got my ship to submit for gunships!

Behold!

Spoiler:
          ~Designation: EC-332
          ~Codename: Albatross/"Flapper"
          ~Type: Multi-role light transport (A-, B- and C- versions); ring relay platform (D-version); Aerospace Early Warning (AEW) craft (E-version); reconaissance/covert operations (F-version); gunship (H-version)
          ~Contractor: Northrop Grumman/Area 51
          ~Crew: One pilot, one co-pilot; capacity for ten passengers/six litters
          ~Dimensions:
          o Length: 17.2 meters
          o Wing span (unfolded): 20.3 meters
          o Height: 5.8 meters
          o Wing area: 45 meters^2
          ~Weights:
          o Empty: 10,240 kilograms
          o Maximum take-off weight: 62,200 kilograms
          ~Powerplant:
          o One Mk. II naquada generator
          o Two Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 afterburning turbofans
          o Two Lockheed Martin Skunkworks RA-302 high-altitude aerospike engines
          o Two Area 51 Anti-gravity wave generators
          o Hyperspace window generator (F-version only: can be part of a mission package for other variants)
          ~Performance:
          o Maximum speed below 80,000 feet: Mach 2.2
          o Maximum high-altitude velocity: Mach 8+
          o Combat radius within an atmosphere: 80,935 kilometers
          o Maximum acceleration potential: 20+ gees
          o Climb rate (sea level to low Earth orbit): 53 seconds
          ~Weapons:
          o 6 x underwing external hardpoints for a variety of weapons
          (AC-332-H Gabriel variant only):
          o 1 x remote-turret mounted 20mm rail gun x 5,000 rounds
          o 1 x 50 MW Free Electron Laser Turret
          ~Defenses:
          o RADAR jamming system
          o Cloaking Device
          ~Users: United States Air Force/Army/Navy/Marine Corps, Russian Space Service, Royal Navy/Air Force, Royal Canadian Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force, German Luftwaffe, Japanese Air Defense Force/Maritime Defense Force.

~Background:

Originally intended as the Tau'ri version of the Ancient Puddlejumper-type utility craft, the EC-332 Albatross (or "Flapper", as it is affectionately known) has become the premier support craft for most of Earth's space forces.

Built with technology and equipment from the F/A-22 and F-302 programs, the EC-332 can easily keep up with these strike fighters, and possesses the ability to fold her wings forward while in flight-Allowing the Albatross to fly through an active Stargate. Her weapons and cargo carriage capabilities are very impressive, able to keep a significant force re-supplied on the ground. And, the ability to equip cloaking technology makes the craft perfect for running resupply missions even when the local Stargate is occupied by enemy forces.

The gunship version of the EC-332, the AC-332-H Gabriel, carries twelve Mk. VIII naquadriah enhanced anti-ship missiles alongside a 50 MW free-electron laser cannon and a 20mm railgun turret armed with naquadriah-tipped rounds. A cloaking device allows the Gabriel to close in on enemy targets in groups and unleash devastating assaults, before quickly escaping. While not a "gunship" in gunnery terms (more like a PT boat from WWII), the Gabriel variant of the EC-332 is more than a match for ships even four times her size.

No ship in the Tau'ri Fleet is without at least two of these useful craft, possessing the manueverability of an AV-8B Harrier, the speed of an F-302, the versatility of a Puddlejumper, and the durability of a Tel'tac. The Free Jaffa Nation has recently bought a few examples for evaluation.

The pic:

looks like a f302 on crak
          Originally posted by cowpants
          ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            Im talking about this FANFICTION of a fleet rather than the real show. Its suppose to be 2045 or whatever, we already defeated the wraith and Ori. We've had xxx so many years now and all were allowed to have is mark 1 plasma canons and rail guns and regular naq. enhanced nukes? That is dumb
            It's a 15 meter long ship, not a capitol ship! Jeeze! It took them hundreds of years to develop energy weapons, yet we can make energy weapons so advanced that our 15 meter long gunships can use them to destroy capitol ships with ease after 40 years? Weapons that powerful are for capitol ships..not something as small as your ship. Talk about dumb. Al'kesh level cannons on your ship would be more than enough.

Comment

they are not supposed to distroy acapitol ship
              ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                looks like a f302 on crak
                its bigger and better, looks kinda weird, idk i want to see a 3D of it.
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

ManiacMike, it is painfully clear that you do not grasp the concept of NON-FAN******Y. Now, as your education is severely limited in just what NOT fanwanking is, I suggest you refrain from submitting any more ships until you can discover for yourself what you've done wrong.

ZakeD here is my friend and partner in designing ships for Gateworld, and we've been doing so for at least one year. Therefore, I urge you to consider what he is thinking and the folly of your own actions. Thank you.

Boxy, just because I didn't take "gunship" to mean "fanwank piece of crap" doesn't make my submission any less viable than anyone else's.

Comment

so do i, it was a compliment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by Boxytheboxed View Post
                      so do i, it was a compliment
                      ...?

Comment

ManiacMike, it is painfully clear that you do not grasp the concept of NON-FAN******Y. Now, as your education is severely limited in just what NOT fanwanking is, I suggest you refrain from submitting any more ships until you can discover for yourself what you've done wrong.

ZakeD here is my friend and partner in designing ships for Gateworld, and we've been doing so for at least one year. Therefore, I urge you to consider what he is thinking and the folly of your own actions. Thank you.

Boxy, just because I didn't take "gunship" to mean "fanwank piece of crap" doesn't make my submission any less viable than anyone else's.
                        ok. . . mom
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

i liked it
                          burn man hehemom

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                            ok. . . mom
                            Dude, one, I'm not gay, and two, keep your Oedipus complex to yourself, okay?

Comment

Dude, one, I'm not gay, and two, keep your Oedipus complex to yourself, okay?
                              "What am odipuz?" xD

Comment

I kind of take offence to being called "dumb" and that I dont know what im talking about.

Its up to the forum members to vote whos ship they want to be voted for the gunship and any other ship that is submitted not just one person...

My ship designs are at that, my ship designs...and thats that. If no one likes it, thats their opinion.

You all remind me of one of my teachers. Hes a has been modeler from the old game Mechwarrior. He gets fired for producing subpar models and gets a job at our school and takes it out on the students with talent. Im going to do to you what I did to him.

*waves hand*

have a nice day
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X