No announcement yet.

GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well SG groundtroop are the best, and while we can still improve, and are (with inovations like the rail gun, something i think will become a personal weapon in the near future) the main focus of SG has to be ships for at least the next few years/ decade.
    To that end, the fleet we are trying to put together is our collective version of how the Tauri's slowly growing and developing fleet will end up. This fleet is in the future but the ships are believable and were chosen because in the specs and the description have genuine reason for why they have been created.

Cooky, FW, JQ: I think the idea for the programable model is incredible, it would be the best thing ever, and lets not forget, if we ever did do this and it was good. Then it might be able to be used in conjunction with stargate: worlds, as a special ship mod. And that would be pretty awesome on any level.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Here's my Helios:

Spoiler:
      Helios-Class Cruiser

Shaped like a hexagonal prism - simple to build and narrow profile head-on

Unshielded. Usually the magnetic cannon will disable enemy ships before they come into firing range, and extended missile bombardment is lethal. Also, the ships are resistant to fragmentation and can survive quite a bit of damage (ie. they don't act like they've been packed with dynamite like most sci-fi ships) or at least enough damage until the crew can get to the lifepods (on the underside).

Designed for maximum durability. Heavily armoured with isolated compartments to reduce risk of depressurisation. Structurally sound with honeycombed hull reinforcement.

Powered by deuterium fusion reactor.

The bridge is burried deep inside the ship behind thick reinforced armour and hull, rather than vunerably exposed.

Missile pods down the sides. Each missile pod carries hundreds of missiles. The ship is capable of unleashing a rapid barrage of missiles when turned side-on to an enemy ship/battle group which can quickly rip all but the most heavily armoured/shielded ship to pieces.

Missile pods reinforced and covered by heavy doors on the surface of the ship to prevent accidental detonation of missile payload.

Heavy magnetic cannon (linear coilgun/railgun hybrid) runs parallel to the fusion reactor. Slow rate of fire but fires devastating ferrous-tungsten projectiles capable of severely damaging enemy ships and overloading shields. Can fire in short, fast bursts of up to three rounds at reduced power.

When firing the main cannon, the engines flare to compensate for the recoil.

No unnecessarily advanced equipment. Standard engines and hyperdrive. No asgard teleporters etc.

Able to be mass produced quickly at low cost

Comment

I like the idea of one big ship that is like a mothership to the fleet. In a way the ideas that I've read so far make this sound like a front-lines mobile command and support center for the fleet. It's about the size of a huge space station, but it can move also, so it reminds me of the Mothership from the Homeworld games, or the SDF-1 from Robotech. It also sounds like it could be like a battlestar, but I wouldn't call it anything so recognizable, probably something like Mobile Command and Support Space Fortress, since that seems to be the role you want for it.
        I have a possible design for a battleship if you are interested in at least looking at it, but I'm still working on the sketches because it doesn't look like it's built by humans and looks too alien, too organic still.

Comment

The voting rules are, you vote for the one you want eliminated from the list. Let the voting begin.

-F-302A Raven by Milleniumlance

-F-302B by Me(w/the rotating cylinder system)(I think someone else designed and F-302b Bird of prey or something like that)

-F-303 by Immhotep

-F-302 Heavy Variant by mburrows

-F-322 Starfire by Seastallion

-FIX-403 (I can't remember who it is by)

-F/B-307 by cooky
          Last edited by freyr's mother; 05 July 2006, 04:49 PM.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            I'd need to see more before I make my opinion but so far it looks decent. It might need to be a little more compact if we wanted to deploy it from a ship.
            ive got much better designs for weapons
            ive designed weapons
            ships
            shield frequencies
            new shield designs
            i perfer focused energy beams to railguns cause with railguns they will run out too easy but with focused energy beam no running out of the weapon and no bullets to refill

Comment

I vote to eliminate Seastallion's F-322 Starfire.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

2ND ROUND CANDIDATES:

-F-303 by Immhotep

-F/B-307 by cooky
                ***Basicly i think the raven design renamed as the F-303 would be perfect***

Voting out:

-F-302B by Me(w/the rotating cylinder system)(I think someone else designed and F-302b Bird of prey or something like that)

* these are designs i either feel are unsuitable or cannot judge becuase the specs elude me *
                Last edited by immhotep; 05 July 2006, 09:43 AM.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  2ND ROUND CANDIDATES:

-F-303 by Immhotep

***Basicly i think the raven design renamed as the F-303 would be perfect***

Voting out:

* these are designs i either feel are unsuitable or cannot judge becuase the specs elude me *
                  Dude what happened to everyone voting to eliminate things?

Best Stargate quote:
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

We are, but differently, people will vote like a poll. The design with the msot votes overall get to the fleet fighter. My vote is for the Raven.
                    If your want to vote for the FIX-403 then do so. I think its just easier if we vote for 1 top design each and then the rest are unvoted for. The design with the most No.1 votes becomes the offical fight.

Its an odd way to vote but sure, why not.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

I think that for the fighters there should be many different ones. The US Airforce operates what like 5-6 fighters (F-15, F-16, F-18, F/A-22, F-35, i think the F-14 was retired but i dont remember) And if anyone stopping by this thread knows where the specs are for those other fighters that couldnt be found please post them here.

My vote goes out for Jonus Quinns X-302C "Swarm." It is an original Earth looking design. I also want to vote for the F-303 by immhotep and Milleniumlances F-302A "Raven". To give the fleet many different fighters that are good all around but some have more specific areas that they are best at.

Comment

Here's a ship i thought up a while back. It may be totaly fanwank but hey i'll pitch it

DD-309( Pegusus class)
                        Comisioned - 2009
                        Technological base - tau'ri/asgard

Specs

lenght - 379 m
                        beam - 109m
                        draught - 30 m
                        crew - 130 + 1 asgard

weapons- offensive
                        1 850 mm mass driver mounted onto the ships keel
                        8 155mm railguns firing explosive shells
                        12 vls Quad packs mounted on the top deck fore

Weapons- defensive
                        26 30mm railguns
                        stinger mine system
                        the ship has facilites to carryt up to 100 drones , 6 fighters or 4 jumpers

Other tecs
                        2 hyperdrive window generators
                        Asgard sheilds/ propulsion
                        24 naquida genarators
                        etc

( the primary mass driver is deigned to accelaerate either a mark 9 gate buster, or other nuclear/conventonial ordance to half the speed of conventionl railguns , using the same prinicpal as standard railguns. The speed of the ordance means they cannot be intercepted by darts etc.the gun needs 2 minuted th=o reach a high enugh charge to fire the projectile.
                        It will fir any thing that can fin in a 850 by 1500 mm shell. the 155 mm railguns can fire a a rate of 60 r/m and fire explosive shells.)

The pegusus was launched in 2009 in order to combat the growing Ori and Wraith threat. on launch the ISGC deemed it necesseay to be sent to the pegusus galaxy to cambat the wraith. the primary mass driver proved an instant sucess against wraith ships . the second of the class the Scorpia is under construction

Comment

Having more than one fighter design is a good idea, and resembles fleet dynamics in the rl navy/air force. Same goes for capital ships. Normally, we only build one ship design for a givin role, i.e. cruiser, but we don't imediatelly retire the previous ships in the class that had been a cuiser before.

In the case of earth's space fleet, this would be particullarly likelly as our limited production capacity (an unfortunate side effect of the gate's secrecy) would make every ship, even older designs, indespensible.

Comment

I agree cooky. More than likely there would be four fighters in our fleet at this time anyway: Puddle jumpers, F-302's, Death Gliders, wraith darts. So actually we only need 1 additional design in order to be able to create the fleet dynamics that are used in todays military.
                            This goes for all ship of course but as we all know, the more advanced a society gets the more diverse, theoretically, should its military become. In SG it has happened in reverse, with most alien race only have 3/4 ship class's wheras Earth military has a dozen or more class's.
                            So in our fleet, there may only be a limited number of each craft that has been designed on Gw. In 15 years, even if every design had been implemented next year there would be only a small number of the capital ships.
                            In the actual Fleet, Are we using Squadrens, Battle groups, several fleets that join?
                            Im going to be drawing up a storyline/senarious where the fleet may be used in action. This will most likely revolve around a wraith siege of atlantis. Working title: Opperation firestorm.
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

I think the raven is the most popular design ATM, totally stating the obvious but!
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

oh yea the raven is deffinatly a fighter we should keep. i think once we have decided on 3 or 4 different fighters we should maby edit and rename them with the creators permission to make the naming a bit more concistent. also we could change the spec to give them different trates such as one being hevily armored but quite slow. one being quick and manouvarable but laks in fire power. see what im saying?

Comment

Working...
                                X