GateWorld Virtual Fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep
    Yeah i get it now Oh but the battle took place in 2021 not 2007..other than that its a thumbs up
    Er, oops. I'll just edit that.

BTW, the Fallon Naval Air Station is in Nevada. And would probably be a good place for any US Navy space ships to use as a secret berth. Just so you guys know.

Comment

this is the wraith ship i created...
      Spoiler:
      Wraith predator culling ship

~Type: Large hyperspace culling warship

~Technology Base: wraith

~Length: 1.8 km

~width: 900meters

~height: 300 meters

~Decks: 100

~Construction: Wraith unorganic and organic base with organic bio armour etc melded on

~Crew: 2000 (maximum capacity 4000)

~Powerplant: Hiveship power generators

~Propulsion:
      wraith hyper drive

4 heavy wraith thrusters

40 manuevering thrusters

~Weapons:

20 x wraith hive energy canons

1 x wraith planetary stunner capable of stunning 15km squared and able to peneratrate 20m of trinium, titanium armour planting

~Defenses:
      wraith 1st generation shields
      Armor: 50 meter bio regenerative armour

~Other technology:

30 x small scale culling beams
      1 x super culling beam able to cull an area of 50km squared and able to dematirilise solid unorganic objects

Developed to cull the large populations of the MW it's now seeing use in the war with the tauri. This ship was designed to negate the need for darts.
      All the victims that are culled are instantly rematirilised into cacoons for feeded. With it's 20 hive canons it can pump out an impressive amount of firepower almost as much as a hive able to fire with 8 canons at once from any given point.

Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I like the description of the ship. But for me the drawing does not fit, it looks more like a fighter to me

Comment

I like the description of the ship. But for me the drawing does not fit, it looks more like a fighter to me
          erm i don't know if this helps but the shadded in bit in the middle is surposed to be a gap like in the hiveships
          would anyone be willing to do a decent drawing?
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

This thread died overnight...Erm I think your ship looks okay but it very similar to a hive, just use one of the actualy images from thescifiworld or something...
            Also cooky, whats the word with the models? any of them them started/finished/ you need more info??
            Also i stil need some feedback on the Backstory ive been writing with the Asgard space docks and some extra Asgard assistance during the development of our fleet, at least in building it.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

This thread died overnight...Erm I think your ship looks okay but it very similar to a hive, just use one of the actualy images from thescifiworld or something...
              Also cooky, whats the word with the models? any of them them started/finished/ you need more info??
              Also i stil need some feedback on the Backstory ive been writing with the Asgard space docks and some extra Asgard assistance during the development of our fleet, at least in building it.
              sorry what do you need feedback on?....it looks similar but it doesn't look exactly like one...

Comment

the Backstory ive been writing:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=107
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

oh i've read that i thought you ment something new....its very good i look forward to seeing more of it....how you been working on anything else?

Comment

Well done. Nice story. It almost sounded like the asgard became angry. But don't the asgard allready have an ancient database?

Comment

yeah they have a ancient data base...they downloaded it out of oneills mind....an on a different note i'm slightly bored so i may design a wraith super ship(like the wraith version of anubis's supership)for a battle report what do you think?

Comment

I'm not sure what to think. A wraith supership would have to be huge. Like death star sice.

Comment

i was think more along the lines of 7-10km long...
                          ok i've got 2 battle reports centred around the wraith building a super weapon aka...superhive...
                          1) Is the battle to stop the ship before it's completed during the course of the battle the ship become operational whips the fleet and sets course for atlantis with a large wraith fleet.
                          2) The next battle is another siege of atlantis fought as the ally forces attempt to stop the fleet before it reaches atlantis and shows the ships eventual destruction after a titanic battle and see's the destruction of the daudeless it's going to be called - The wrath of caldwell!!!
                          Last edited by Buba uognarf; 31 July 2006, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Wraith superhive - Tauri classification 'dreadnaught'

Specs:

Dimensions:
                            Length 10.4km
                            Width: 4.5km
                            Height: 1.1km

Material:
                            Wraith unorganic and organic superstructure with wraith bio armour etc... melded on

Power:
                            5 wraith hive generators

Engines:
                            wraith improved hyperdrive(slightly faster)
                            6 massive wraith sublight engines
                            100's of manueving thrusters

Defensive weaponry:
                            -Non

Offensive weaponry:
                            52x hiveship canons(placed for full fire coverage) can pump as much firepower as 4 hives from the forward array.

Defence:
                            1x heavy 2nd generation wraith shield generator
                            200m thick wraith bio armour multi layered and ablative to defend against drones and nukes.

Fighters:
                            6000x darts

Other:
                            Standard wraith equipment

After fight the tauri for nearly 2 decades the wraith decided to invest in a single super ship one that would be able to bring down the allied walls of the asgard and the tauri. Until now the wraith had always had the advantage but with the coming of the asgard the wraith once again found themselves facing a foe as advanced maybe even more advanced then they...so the wraith built this the most powerful ship they had ever built with enough firepower to bring the tauri and asgard to their knees...
                            Last edited by Buba uognarf; 31 July 2006, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I've only got 4 designs pm'ed to me so far, I'll have to check later which ones I'm missing.

As for the modeling, I've barelly started, and I don't expect to finish even the first one for at least a month. The whole fleet will take much longer. Unless we can get someone with more experience to help out, it'll be a long road to completion on them.

As for enemy ships, I spent most of the weekend working on a Ha'tak model. I'm going to keep on that for a couple days. I'll probly start a death glider later this week. I want to do an Al'kesh, but I don't know if I have the skills yet. I know I don't have the skills for wraith ships, organic designs are many times harder than tech-based ones. The only wraith model I may be able to do is a dart.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                                I've only got 4 designs pm'ed to me so far, I'll have to check later which ones I'm missing.

As for the modeling, I've barelly started, and I don't expect to finish even the first one for at least a month. The whole fleet will take much longer. Unless we can get someone with more experience to help out, it'll be a long road to completion on them.

As for enemy ships, I spent most of the weekend working on a Ha'tak model. I'm going to keep on that for a couple days. I'll probly start a death glider later this week. I want to do an Al'kesh, but I don't know if I have the skills yet. I know I don't have the skills for wraith ships, organic designs are many times harder than tech-based ones. The only wraith model I may be able to do is a dart.
                                We're not overloading you, are we cooky?

Comment

Working...
                                X