This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    Hmmmmmm, kind of like that race of very advanced reptilians that the Voyager crew from 'Star Tek Voyager' encountered, where it turned out they were originally from Earth...great episode by the way!...I kind of like that idea of an advanced reptilian race (ie. the Cardassians)

I don;t know what they would like?, there name suggestes a furry type creature or humanoid with exceptional intelligence and technology.
    im thinking more like half insectoid and reptilian slimy and striking sorry for the resemblance to enterprise the idea isnt too much like them maybe they are a breed of humans and some other unknwon extinct race they ruled long ago hmm any more.......?
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

more to my last post the lizzard like race found a planet or even earth long ago known to them as furry ape like people homsapien they co existed or enslaved and lived together the inteligence of humans and the lizzard men allowed them to be superior and so inter bred with one another the end result was a humanoid race known to others the furrlings the lizzards became extinct and the humaoid race took the throne as the furrlings.
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

ooo homo erectus had a larger brain capacity than homo sapiens. but they come off as primitives...

gosh the name 'furlings' makes one thing theyre cute and furry...

itd be cool if they were furry... just with pronounced eyebrow ridges... lol

Comment

If anyone's seen the screenshots of Daniel Jackson during the early episodes of series 9, maybe that thing on his face is a Furling...
          * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

I kinda imagine the furlings be gremlin-like and live in a swamp (sound familiar)

Although it would make sense if the giants from Crystal Skull are the furlings. (they also live in pyramids, the furling stone that was found in egypt, ...)

Comment

Well, they would deffinetly not be little furry animals, if they are it is only a coincidence. The only reason that they are called Furlings is because their planet is called Fur.

Owen Macri

Comment

Maybe their planet is called Fur because they are called Furlings
                I'm really trying to imagine them as something serious, but everytime I thinks about Furlings I get a big picture of a muppet in my mind..

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

I really think they look like Gremlins... or Ewoks perhaps. Who said cute and furry can't be smart?

Comment

For some reason, I always pictured something completely un-furry or cute. Huge black armour plated exoskeletal things, with red compound eyes. Ooh, and similar themed starships too, big angular things with particle weapons.
                    A million monkeys were given a million typewriters. It's called the internet.

Comment

mayeb the furlings are one of the alien species we've already met- the giant mist aliens could be furlings, but you'd think we'd already know about that since we've engaged in an exchange of culture. lol. i hope the writers come back to that...
                      it occurred to me that the foothold aliens could be furlings. they might be from another galaxy, and theyre advanced... hmm anyone think they could be foothold aliens? the person above me seems to think they're insectoid, and the foothold aliens kinda were lol

Comment

gah i just realized- the furling structure they found in paradise lost i believe, didnt match the style of the foothold aliens... lol. who knows. maybe they still are...

Comment

Well I always thought they'd be elven like... just that shows like SG are predicable like that...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

I'm sorry I hear furlings and I imagine ewoks or magwai (you remember gizmo from gremlins). I it said no silly stuff. I'm being serious. I picture these little teddy bear type creatures with little burbling squeaky voices.
                            "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

heh, maybe they'd be something like the Kilrathi from Wing Commander, only good

Comment

Vulcans from ST, or Eldar from WH40K.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                                - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Working...
                                X