This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by latvian_stargatefan
    I would vote for the giants but they weren't very funny so they could also be Lloyds race or the strange race from "Grace".
    I dont think it would be the grace aliens due to the fact that they attacked without provoksion...(spelling?) It could be almost destroyed, pi$$ed off and out for war, but I would expect a race to be out that long to be more sympathetic like the nox and the asguard/asgard(spelling?)

I think lloyd's race due to the fact hes back in 200 and all the fans and stuff... it probably wont be, but it makes sense if it is... I still want cute furry things though! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Maastrichian
      There are two other species that I had forgotten about: the "alien giants" from Crystal Skull, and the strange ship that abducted the Daedalus crew, sans Sam, in the episode name that I can't remember off the top of my head....
      That was Grace from season 7 and the Daedalus was not even in service back then. We only had one ship: Prometheus.
      School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk
        Although, I was thinking, Furling tech looks like Aztec/Maya design, and Mitchell has the cube of Chaak in the ep... Chaak was a Mayan god, maybe Chaak was a Furling?
        Maybe the Furlings are the Crystal Skull aliens? This would make sense - their technology looks Aztec/Mayan, and Quetzalcoatl is an Aztec/Mayan god(??) and hes the one who appeared in the Crystal Skull episode. If this is correct, and these aliens ARE the Furlings, then they will be allies.
        -- Brains12

Comment

Two things suggest to me we haven't met them yet.

One of the producers said in season 10 preview "We finally get to meet the Furlings", suggesting that we haven't met them yet.

If they were a race we have met, he might say "It's finally revealed who the Furlings are"

Secondly, none of these races are called the Furlings! My guess is we haven't met them yet. I also don't want it to be any of those races.
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

"The Ancients" are actually not the ancients according to pretty much anyone except ourselves and the Asgard, so whats to say the furlings might just have recieved that name from the asgard? For example?

Comment

the furlings are a third advanced stage of humans (Alterrans, Ori & furlings). Martin Loyds race could then be the furlings.

The Ori won a war, and the other two left for new homes in new galaxies.

We haven't found anything (except the skulls) about them because they are in another galaxy.

Just a thought from way out there. Don't really believe it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhil
                I dont think it would be the grace aliens due to the fact that they attacked without provoksion...(spelling?) It could be almost destroyed, pi$$ed off and out for war, but I would expect a race to be out that long to be more sympathetic like the nox and the asguard/asgard(spelling?)

I think lloyd's race due to the fact hes back in 200 and all the fans and stuff... it probably wont be, but it makes sense if it is... I still want cute furry things though! lol!

I always thought that the grace aliens were no threat to the Prometheus, but instead testing them. If they were going to attack with no question, they surley would have attacked them after they were helped out of that Nebula thing.

They could have been testing them on seeing if they were werthy of "contact"

Comment

What about the race from the episode Spirits? I believe that they are a likely cadidate as well because both the Nox and the Ancients could heal themselves and so could they. Maybe the Asgard in their original bodies also had a healing ability.

Comment

Ive said it before and ill say it again; The Furlings should be unlike anything we have ever seen before period. Time for some more new expansion in the Stargate Universe. And again just like ive said, and as I said in Stargate magazine; they should look absolutely BadA$$. Just some of the toughest S.O.B's in the universe. True anti-heroes. But than again thats just me.

Comment

Personnaly I think they should be like anti-hero allies. Caught in an all out holy war against the Ori for generations. But they always have to ride that fence of being good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk
                        Amanda Tapping hints in her recent interview with SciFi Wire that we will discover the identity of the Furlings, which lends new hope to the idea that the Furlings will in fact appear for real and not as a fantasy. Perhaps at the end of the episode.
                        I haven't seen that. It does indeed sound more like an actual encounter rather than
                        Spoiler:
                        one of the characters ideas in 200.

Comment

Originally posted by bniblett
                          I always thought that the grace aliens were no threat to the Prometheus, but instead testing them. If they were going to attack with no question, they surley would have attacked them after they were helped out of that Nebula thing.

They could have been testing them on seeing if they were werthy of "contact"
                          Thats a good idea actually, maybe the whole thing was a test too, including the nebula? See if we had good tech and see if we are smart enough.

Comment

Yeah, I just watched Scorched Earth and immediately thought Gadmeer = Furlings (but then, why would other races refer to them as Furlings?)

Personally, I'd have made this season all about trying to find the Furlings rather than the Sangraal (not really interested in another piece of Ancient tech saving the day)... y'know, Thor or some Asgard tells us that the Furlings are/were the only ones with the power/technology to stand up to the Ori, but they'd lost contact with them for thousands of years. Then we won't actually see any Furlings until the end of the season in a beautiful first contact moment.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                            My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coutelier
                              Personally, I'd have made this season all about trying to find the Furlings rather than the Sangraal (not really interested in another piece of Ancient tech saving the day)... y'know, Thor or some Asgard tells us that the Furlings are/were the only ones with the power/technology to stand up to the Ori, but they'd lost contact with them for thousands of years. Then we won't actually see any Furlings until the end of the season in a beautiful first contact moment.
                              Love the idea Coutelier! That would be cool if it did happen.
                              sigpic
                              By *E*K*R*

Comment

Personally I think if they have to be a race Earths met already it would be either the crystal skull aliens OR the salish spirits. The latter would be interesting as they are a physical corporeal race who seem like more 'harsh' Asgard and a violent Nox. Though the crystal skull aliens would bring that 'alien' feel into the picture.

Also remember that there was a comment saying 'What makes you think we havent meet the Furlings already?' made by TPTB though I think that was just a teasing thing rather then a real hint but you never know.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X