Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the writers will make them completely un-furry simply because we expect them to be furry. Maybe they'll be naked buff male models.....hmmmm?
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

yeah i think they wont be furry and i think we do see them so lets just wait and see

Comment

Hey Arctic Goddess THATS SICKLY! yuck..... how about a skinny bronzed model?

Comment

anyway they must very smart and advanced to become in a alliance with 3 other advanced people.

maybe the furlings left MW galxy just like the ancients some ancients taught them abit about ascension and that they parly turned into a spirit cloud in cystal skull.
          sigpic

Comment

All we know is that they were allies with the Asgard, the Ancients, and the Nox. From what we know, all of these races are kind and do not wish to harm anyone unless nessisary (or not at all). From this, I find that the Furlings would be a peaceful race, otherwise I dont think that these races would have allied together.
            Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
            http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
              I think the writers will make them completely un-furry simply because we expect them to be furry. Maybe they'll be naked buff male models.....hmmmm?
              ewwwwww
              SAVE SG-1
              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
              Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by shadow hawk
                Well we could use all the help we can get against the Ori.Lets just hope they do return.
                Indeed we do, especially if the guys at sgc production do what I think they will probably do and make the "furlings" actually furry, which is idiotic and at the same time loaded with satire which sgc is known for.

At the same time though, these guys need to get with the program that babylon 5 did and re-introduce old races that were 'one episoders' in previous sgc episodes that were way beyond our technology but end up helping against the ori, because realistically, the whole milky way galaxy is at war with the ori whether they like it or not. That means those misty crystal skull god aliens, that underwater alien that kidnapped Daniel, the mysterious aliens that kidnapped the crew of the prometheus and sam was left, as well as those humanoids that wiped out other civilizations by slowly making them less fertile or whatever where we almost made a peace pact with as well, and numerous others I can't even begin to remember from the series.

Sci-fi shows never seem to take that into consideration when encompassing so many different sides and facets to a story. Babylon 5 was one of the first that did that when Sheridan went for help from the other ancient races to confront the shadow and the vorlon, and they actually helped, which was one of the best climaxes of any series ever to date.

Even star trek couldn't envision the borg against the dominion or species 8472 against the dominion or the Q against the dominion. I always wondered how the 'founders' could find themselves so superior and alien and ostricized from us when there's species out there like 8472 and the Q. Being liquid and shaped shifting isn't quite that alien compared to other entities encountered, and Star Trek missed that truth that everyone is a part of the same universe and the Federation doesn't have to be the middle man to every enemy race.

Comment

I'm still afraid they'll come in the form of puppets. The producers revealed that 200 will have puppets in it.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    I'm still afraid they'll come in the form of puppets. The producers revealed that 200 will have puppets in it.
                    oh crap...........
                    SAVE SG-1
                    www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

anyone else think they'll be human (very advanced stage of evolution)?

or like asgard?
                      A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

indeed..... human furlings, maybe they just dress in furs like ancient barbarians? kind of like human klingons eh?
                        SAVE SG-1
                        www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think the Furlings has to be the unknown race from the Grace episode. I also think that the Furlings might be a lot closer related to us humans than we think.

They can't make the Furlings too muppet-like, which will be silly, so I think they will pretty much look just like us, except they are super clever and much more advanced that us.

Reason:

TPTB said they are introducing a new villian right? (well I hope I am right and that I am not confusing it with the new possible villian in Atlantis). What if this new villian is simply the Furlings. The reason the 3 races broke up was because the Furlings went evil for some reason! The ancients stepped in and managed to wipe their memories, but a group of Furlings managed to fled. The memory-wiped part of the Furlings became us humans! That is why the Asgard and the Nox tried to avoid us for a while. It was the humans that found the Nox and the Asgard, not the other why around.

This means the Asgard, Nox and Ancients have a little secret they have not shared with us...

Could also explain why the ancients don't want to interfere... again!

OKay, i am being creatively silly now I know...
                          Last edited by pastence; 19 July 2006, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pastence
                            The memory-wiped part of the Firlings became us humans! That is why the Asgard and the Nox tried to avoid us for a while. It was the humans that found the Nox and the Asgard, not the other why around.

This means the Asgard, Nox and Ancients have a little secret they have not shared with us...

Actually I quite like it. In most SG plots/storylines you find many of the races seem to originate from the same place etc so I reckon that could be quite a good storyline you just come up with.

Nothing wrong with presenting ideas now matter how silly you think they sound.

-T

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Been a fan of Stargate since Season 1 started and I can't wait to finally see the Furlings. I hope they do not make them like the ewoks, wookies or furbys though.

Originally posted by pastence
                              TPTB said they are introducing a new villian right? (well I hope I am right and that I am not confusing it with the new possible villian in Atlantis). What if this new villian is simply the Furlings. The reason the 3 races broke up was because the Firlings went evil for some reason! The ancients stepped in and managed to wipe their memories, but a group of Furlings managed to fled. The memory-wiped part of the Firlings became us humans! That is why the Asgard and the Nox tried to avoid us for a while. It was the humans that found the Nox and the Asgard, not the other why around.

This sounds quite plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by NA'ONAK
                                Been a fan of Stargate since Season 1 started and I can't wait to finally see the Furlings. I hope they do not make them like the ewoks, wookies or furbys though.

This sounds quite plausible.
                                or those furry things from the gremlines movies...... wich i guess is basically a furby
                                SAVE SG-1
                                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X