This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk
    So anyways... about the 200th episode, anyone who's seen or heard of what the plot contents are will know that the meat of the story will predominantly be fantasy/dream sequence. Does that mean that the long-awaited appearance of the Furlings will also be simply a fantasy/dream and not actually take place? If so, that blows!! All this time and all we get is a pretend visit from the Furlings? Pfffft!

Although, I was thinking, Furling tech looks like Aztec/Maya design, and Mitchell has the cube of Chaak in the ep... Chaak was a Mayan god, maybe Chaak was a Furling? Speculation of course, but interesting. The whole zombie thing will, again, obviously be fantasy/dream. BO-RING!!
    I dunno it looked funny and I'm a kinda gal who loves comedy....I'm just praying we meet the Furlings for real......and that they are furry.....it would take us all be suprise.....because knowing our beloved writers.....they make us build a steryotype of a creature then they make them totaly different....so actually making them furry would be a huge suprise

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk
      So anyways... about the 200th episode, anyone who's seen or heard of what the plot contents are will know that the meat of the story will predominantly be fantasy/dream sequence. Does that mean that the long-awaited appearance of the Furlings will also be simply a fantasy/dream and not actually take place? If so, that blows!! All this time and all we get is a pretend visit from the Furlings? Pfffft!

Although, I was thinking, Furling tech looks like Aztec/Maya design, and Mitchell has the cube of Chaak in the ep... Chaak was a Mayan god, maybe Chaak was a Furling? Speculation of course, but interesting. The whole zombie thing will, again, obviously be fantasy/dream. BO-RING!!
      chack was Tel chak the gould who went to war with anubis for that reanimation device.

and i think the furlings are scaly
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Can someone please tell me more about the Furlings? I've followed Stargate for so many years, but I apparently missed the Furlings!

Who are they? Where do they come from? Are they powerful?

Thanks in advance!

Cin

Comment

Whats really going to happen in the 200th episode is that Jack is dreaming, and has dreamt the last few years woth of the show and we are still back just after the 5th Race episode so the Furlings where fresh in his mind, then he wakes up and the old team go on a mission, when they com back from that mission, Jack takes a shot to the head and wakes up again, to find out what he had dreamt was real... we have defeated the Goauld etc and he is head of homeworld security... this confuses Jack so he gets up and has his moring coffee/Guinness
          Sigs Are For The Weak!!

Comment

My theory is that the writers give us a clue here . Particularly this: and the legendary prize is guarded by a great dragon. Daniel doubts that it's an actual dragon ... the actual part convinces me it is not another hologram, so it might be an old friend of Merlin's.

Comment

Originally posted by C1m-
              Can someone please tell me more about the Furlings? I've followed Stargate for so many years, but I apparently missed the Furlings!

Thanks in advance!

Cin
              they are the onkown of the four great races.....the only one we haven't met

Comment

None of those 4 races would have been a part of that alliance if they had not been generally "good". The whole "hearts in the right place" type of thing.
                www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

As i see it, the whole 4 race alliance thing is still in writing some where and is a binding contract of which only the Asgard seem to uphold and acknoledge... The Ancients ascended and refused to help us, the Nox play in their trees and remain neutral, and the Furlings are long gone..

It be nice if the Furlings were more advanced than the Asgard(we seen their tech, and they just as well might be) and they'll solve the problem of the Cloning and theyll help us fight the orii maybe evening the score, like the Asgards did against the gouald.. which si why the furlings are coming.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Specter
                    My theory is that the writers give us a clue here . Particularly this: and the legendary prize is guarded by a great dragon. Daniel doubts that it's an actual dragon ... the actual part convinces me it is not another hologram, so it might be an old friend of Merlin's.
                    Or perhaps Daniel realizes its a hologram! Bc merlin seems to be fond of using holograms as defenses

Comment

Originally posted by C1m-

Thanks in advance!

Cin
                      The Furlings were one of the four great races mentioned in the Season 1 episode "The Torment of Tantalus." SG-1 visited an ancient meeting hall where Daniel discovered that four alien races spoke to each other using holographic atoms and molecules. The four races were Ancients, Asgard, Nox, and Furlings.

Since then, we haven't really heard much about the Furlings. Some people speculate that they are the giant aliens showcased in Season 3's "Crystal Skull." Season 7's "Grace" involved an encounter with a *very* large, very powerful ship - some people think it was Furling ship.

The only conclusively Furling item we've seen was in Season 6's "Paradise Lost," where we encountered an example of Furling transporter and cloaking technology. Some also say that the aliens seeking a peaceful life beyond the portal (they were all dead when O'Neill and Maybourne got there) were the Furlings.

But other than that, we really don't know much about them. O'Neill joked about them being "furry" and cute, but we don't know if that's how they really will appear. All that we know for sure is that the Furlings will make some sort of appearance this season - some people say in Episode 200.

Comment

If we do ever encounter the real Furlings, I highly doubt they will become an enemy for us. Maybe not good friends either, but not enemies.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          If we do ever encounter the real Furlings, I highly doubt they will become an enemy for us. Maybe not good friends either, but not enemies.
                          i get a very nox vibe when it comes to the furlings
                          SAVE SG-1
                          www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                          Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

On gateworld is was writen that the furlings come in the 200th episode. The 200th episode is S10E07 "counterstrike". By this eposide is the following post:

"On an alien world, Adria -- the "Orici" -- addresses a gathering of the newest followers of Origin, a village of humans. SG-1 hides amongst their number. Above, the Earth ship Odyssey is in orbit. But a powerful weapon is used by an unknown foe to wipe out the villagers, some 100,000 worshippers in all."

I think this weapon, that destroys the Ori followers is an Furlings weapon that is used by the Furlings!!

Comment

No it's jaffa

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T
                                No it's jaffa
                                You could be right there because of this:

"Adria herself soon captures Daniel and Vala, demanding that they tell her what happened to her new followers on this planet. Clearly she has powerful telepathic and telekinetic abilities, and attempts to forcibly wrestle the information from Daniel's mind. She brings back to life a Jaffa she has killed, forcing the soldier to reveal the location of the weapon that wiped out her new planet of followers: Dakara."

But why is this planet called an alien word before??

Comment

Working...
                                X