Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah kinf like a one sided electic stick thing them robots had in Star Wars ep 3 with General Greivous

Comment

http://www.stargateworlds.com/screenviewer.php?id=51

Have a look at this one, it looks like its holding an axe crossed with a P90, jack'd be proud

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
        http://www.stargateworlds.com/screenviewer.php?id=51

Have a look at this one, it looks like its holding an axe crossed with a P90, jack'd be proud
        Is it me, or does that creature look like a Stereotypical Hun/Russian? -Large, Broad Shoulders, Wears Fur, Armour, Looks Angry, Helmet, looks pretty dangerous & agressive, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
          Is it me, or does that creature look like a Stereotypical Hun/Russian? -Large, Broad Shoulders, Wears Fur, Armour, Looks Angry, Helmet, looks pretty dangerous & agressive, etc.
          Similar I suppose but the weapon looks just like a P90 with an axe combined somehow

Comment

If we ever do see the Furlings, I want them to be completely and utterly alien...even to the point that they have to use CGI to do it. I'm getting sick of seeing only humans (or human-looking aliens) everywhere. The only aliens we ever see are Goa'uld, Asgard, and Wraith (and the Wraith are part human). I want to see an alien (other than the Asgard) that has no genetic connection to humans at all, and is completely alien.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              If we ever do see the Furlings, I want them to be completely and utterly alien...even to the point that they have to use CGI to do it. I'm getting sick of seeing only humans (or human-looking aliens) everywhere. The only aliens we ever see are Goa'uld, Asgard, and Wraith (and the Wraith are part human). I want to see an alien (other than the Asgard) that has no genetic connection to humans at all, and is completely alien.
              Yea, that would be good to see a completely alien race like that, but I doubt they would for budget reasons. After all the budget was why they ended up making the Scourge Bugs subterranian. It was too expensive to show them all the time.
              My Depth Is Immaterial To This Conversation...

Comment

Its quite simple, O'Neill has been the one who refers to them as "those cute little guys".

Now O'Neill has had the AROK downloaded in to his head, twice. The first time he used this knowledge to find the Asgard. So this means that there was info on the Asgard in the AROK. So there must have been info on the Furlings to.

So it could be that in O'Neill's subconsensus is a basic image of a Furling, and he just thinks its his imaganation.
                Last edited by JedI Master of the Gate; 20 March 2006, 04:24 PM.
                The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Honestly I think it's the simpsons side of his subconcious coming up with the cute and furry interpritation... I seem to recall a short dialog between him and Carter about it where he defended his position on the appearance of Furlings, but I can't remember exactly or what ep it was from...
                  ~Draco Astreus

Comment

Um, and it has nothing to do with their name being the "Fur" lings, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                      Um, and it has nothing to do with their name being the "Fur" lings, right?
                      Yup, and that is exactly what Jack said, it has nothing to do with the Ancient knowledge as it was ALL removed, and he only had it once when he made that connection back in S6
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                        Yup, and that is exactly what Jack said, it has nothing to do with the Ancient knowledge as it was ALL removed, and he only had it once when he made that connection back in S6
                        But whats to say that a little bit of info didn't remain in his head, like when Daniel acsended, he gained all the knowledge that a AROK would have givin him, then became humen, but yet a great deal of the info was left in his subconsensus.
                        The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
                        Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

Originally posted by JedI Master of the Gate
                          But whats to say that a little bit of info didn't remain in his head, like when Daniel acsended, he gained all the knowledge that a AROK would have givin him, then became humen, but yet a great deal of the info was left in his subconsensus.
                          If there is any residual info left it probably has to do with tacos.

=0)

Comment

"Furlings. Sounds cute and fuzzy to me!" - Jack O'Neill, Paradise Lost
                            sigpic
                            Past | LJ | Last.FM | IG

Comment

Furlings = Fur- = Furry = Furby? = Fuzzy and Cute

But hey, who knows?

Comment

I tend to agree with him. The very name "Furling" brings to mind memories of soft, cute teddy bears from when I was 3.
                                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Working...
                                X