Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setsuna PJOZ doesn't modle he uses a 2d graphic progam to formulate his ideas and then ALX makes them into models for him. Alx only started modeling a few months ago and the models he creates now are top notch.

what about using them as the ends of arms putting engines on the underside.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
      setsuna PJOZ doesn't modle he uses a 2d graphic progam to formulate his ideas and then ALX makes them into models for him. Alx only started modeling a few months ago and the models he creates now are top notch.

I do model, Merlin I just don't have time for it outside of my work , but as an engineer working on megabuck CAD software, I think I'm more than qualified to help with technical questions. That 2 Litre fruit juice bottle that you have seen or used, was modelled by someone like me, for CADCAM, and takes about 100 hours of work before metal is cut for the mould.
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        to what are you refering

and PJOZ thecurve to which you refer are the left overs from a circle that i started with i just havent softened those lines yet.
        sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          I do model, Merlin I just don't have time for it outside of my work , but as an engineer working on megabuck CAD software, I think I'm more than qualified to help with technical questions. That 2 Litre fruit juice bottle that you have seen or used, was modelled by someone like me, for CADCAM, and takes about 100 hours of work before metal is cut for the mould.
          aye m8 you are a real "modeler/engineer" compared to us laymen

Comment

ok heres an update feedback welcome.
            (except from the peanut gallery)
            Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 29 November 2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

The beginning is there

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

that looks much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                  that looks much better.

Thank you

by the way the sig is a JOKE

Comment

lol i got that bud no worries also sent a PM your way.

but back on topic i like this new shape you have going relly has a Jaffa/egyptian feel to it with a slight bird of pray spice, and i must complement you on trying your hands at organic shapes so early on in your modeling, and as you might be aware by now SU is difficult to work with when it comes to organic modeling so cudos on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                      lol i got that bud no worries also sent a PM your way.

but back on topic i like this new shape you have going relly has a Jaffa/egyptian feel to it with a slight bird of pray spice, and i must complement you on trying your hands at organic shapes so early on in your modeling,
                      Thanx i was going for a sort of cross between DG and Al'kesh

did it work ok?

[QUOTE=Alx;10902001] and as you might be aware by now SU is difficult to work with when it comes to organic modeling QUOTE]

NO EFFIN CRAP!!!!!!

Comment

i think it worked out well looks mean and sort of like a bird very goa'uld/jaffa-ish IMO

and yeah lol had many bugsplats? annoying arnt they

Comment

no worries about bugs no wind shield yet.

or were you talking about in SU as i model?

if so its more anoying when im trying to do something and all of the sudden my effin model blinks out of existence.

Comment

Thought i'd show off the status of the Midget base design i've been working on since the last modelling challenge finished....

It's a bit dark atm... but i can run off a quick render later with the lights up higher if need be....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

you might want Dr. Lee can barely see the interior.

and here are updates

oh and has anyone looked for my sig. on the models. if you think you have found it plz let me know what it is.

and heres a color scheme im thinking of going with
                              Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 30 November 2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                                you might want Dr. Lee can barely see the interior.

and here are updates

oh and has anyone looked for my sig. on the models. if you think you have found it plz let me know what it is.

and heres a color scheme im thinking of going with
                                Are you good at drawing things by hand?
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X