X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
    Earth Vessel - Athena Update

Spoiler:

...I will add an exclusive render to calling all stargate fans.

She's very nice..definitely a good design.
    (Can we see the rear?)

Comment

Killman and 442 stated the alx's vis uban madel looked like it was flimsy. I personally think it was just due to the texture as it looks to have a touch of rust type in the texture image...making the model seem old; while also giving a flimsy, abandonded look. PH agreed

Alx wasn't happy and puddle jumper jumped into defend him as Alx is making a ship for his fan-fic.

----
      The real answer is for 442 to state why it looks flimsy due to the texture and for the rest of us to agree or disagree and then for us to suggest a next step. The next step could be something simple like reducing the size of the texture and taking the rust parts out or just remove the texture all together and add the detail via modelling?
      Thank you! thats all that i wanted ie some clarity and "Constructive" criticism not some cryptic comment witch doesnt make any sence.

Oh and as how i handle criticism i can handle any criticism just fine aslong as it is not based on assumptions on MY design like killman who for some reason believes it would break apart even though he hasnt seen the whole model or the underside and if you are going to "comment" why not elaborate? in doing so maybe you wouldnt come of as being badgering?

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
      No PH in this instance Alx is correct. There are two kinds of criticism, constructive and blaise' offhand statements that offer nothing ar all. If Exper found a problem with the design initially he should have clarified his meaning, rather than outright offend the modeller.
      yes thank you! exactly!

Back on Thread topic!

here is a quick animation experiment for you all to watch, criticise, hate, like, badger, nitpic or whatever....
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3nTim8HSc
      Last edited by Alx; 29 September 2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

how do you make the animation in sketchup?

sigpic

Comment

how do you make the animation in sketchup?
          this animation isnt made with sketchup only the model is then tweeked and tinkered with using Lightwave.
          but the built in animation tool for SU works "ok-ish" althought it is very very lacking in the Quality department and is only for "Scenes" with basic camera movement.
          there is a plugin for sketchup called SU Animate witch gives you more options camerangles/movement but it is still veru basic and it is not free but there is a 10day free trial version.
          Last edited by Alx; 29 September 2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Killman and 442 stated the alx's vis uban madel looked like it was flimsy. I personally think it was just due to the texture as it looks to have a touch of rust type in the texture image...making the model seem old; while also giving a flimsy, abandonded look. PH agreed

Alx wasn't happy and puddle jumper jumped into defend him as Alx is making a ship for his fan-fic.

----
            The real answer is for 442 to state why it looks flimsy due to the texture and for the rest of us to agree or disagree and then for us to suggest a next step. The next step could be something simple like reducing the size of the texture and taking the rust parts out or just remove the texture all together and add the detail via modelling?
            I posted my comments purely based on what I saw as an unjust statement, it has nothing to do with my association with Alx's work. I would have said the same for any of you. If you have a comment to make, just like in FanFic, make it something that will tell the modeller where he might have room for improvement, or other CONSTRUCTIVE criticism
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Update on my modelling challenge entry. More images on CASF.

Spoiler:
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

Just a quick wutup to everyone...admiring all your guys hard work on the models. Always wanted to try my hand at it but you know how the lazyness creeps up on you. Then I came upon this thread. And let me tell you..WOW!

Simply amazing what you guys can do!

IMHO..your works remind me and rival that of the old Netter Digital (RIP) company ships of B5 fame. Most of them had an ocean feel tho....Minbari (Angel fish)..Vorlons (Octopi)..Shadows (spiders)...etc.
                Sorry for rambling...

I have Lightwave and goin thru the tuts...

Thank you again for the inspiration...keep it up!

C

Comment

Welcome to Gateworld and I for one will say you are very lucky to have lightwave! I don't have it...can't afford it, well missis won't let me buy it.

Hope to see some of your work here and CASF.

sigpic

Comment

some better rendings...I guess
                    Your model is a$$-kickin Exp !

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comment

So is yours.. though i'm not sure about the strength of the connections to the side/flight pods..... IMHO i'd put something nearer the front....

Green if it lets me.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Extrenix View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        What's going on with the rear of the fighter bay the whole blue light grid?

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          Extrenix, hot looking ship...my only advice is to add diffrent tones of grey to add intrest around the ship.

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                          What's going on with the rear of the fighter bay the whole blue light grid?
                          I think thats an engine exit port, something like hyperdrive rather than a rear hanger?

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Thanks Its an honour.

Yours is really nice, has a really good alien feel to it.
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

Extrenix, hot looking ship...my only advice is to add diffrent tones of grey to add intrest around the ship.

Very good suggestion, Merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                                Update on my modelling challenge entry. More images on CASF.

Spoiler:
                                Nice tank/mobile base?! That is cool. Can the turrets on the back go up and down?

Oh ALX I think that previous post about looking at atlantis in space was about lighting and the shield. I really love your city design though. How big are you thinking of making the city? Like 8km across? Are you going to have lots of drone launchers on your city? Does your city have drone factories in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X