This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
    What type of weapons will the ship have?
    For the Virtual fleet or my own personal setup?

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
      Since I've been sick for the last few weeks I haven't been able to get much done in the area of modeling but yesterday I got some time into my Tempest so here is a small update.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4...stoct13oy2.jpg
      Great work as usual. I'm so hanging out to see this finished.
      sigpic
      "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
      Signature made by RJB

Comment

For the Virtual fleet or my own personal setup?
        personal setup.

I like hearing what modelers vision their ships having as weapons.
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          personal setup.

I like hearing what modelers vision their ships having as weapons.
          Ok then.

- 2 Asgard beam cannons (they are downsized from the ones the Odyssey had in unending at about 1/4 - 1/2 the power). They are fixed forward.
          - 4 heavy pulse cannons turrets.
          - 10 railguns
          - 16 missle bays with 2 missiles each.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

RJB I love your ships I'd like to ask if I could use them as the fleet for the Shield who will feature prominently in 3.0.

The Shield are basically a shadowing organization who secretly defend the Tau'ri the from alien threats by any means necessary including genocide if they deem necessary. I think your ships would be perfect.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              RJB I love your ships I'd like to ask if I could use them as the fleet for the Shield who will feature prominently in 3.0.

The Shield are basically a shadowing organization who secretly defend the Tau'ri the from alien threats by any means necessary including genocide if they deem necessary. I think your ships would be perfect.
              Well I was going to summit the Ares and Tempest to the Virtual fleet anyways so your more than welcome to use them.

Comment

Since I've been sick for the last few weeks I haven't been able to get much done in the area of modeling but yesterday I got some time into my Tempest so here is a small update.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/4...stoct13oy2.jpg
                you are getting closer and closer awsome work! but what is the thing thats are around the bridge?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                  you are getting closer and closer awsome work! but what is the thing thats are around the bridge?
                  On the very top is scanners and such, on the 2nd level is railings and an outside walkway to use when the ship is landed.

Comment

Got a bit more work done on my Tempest model so here is an update.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9...stoct14yq0.jpg

Comment

Looking damn good RJB! What have you planned for those posts on each side of the ship?

Here's my newest project. I got so many ideas from dauntless and from many others that I had to doodle something... Now I have a problem with the bridge. I have absolutely no idea what kind it should be. Prommy style? Fighter hangars or no fighter hangars?

Suggestions and comments needed (!)

See attachment
                      Last edited by Semmer; 20 October 2007, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Yes on the hangers.

For the bridge, how about a little of both.

Have that turtle shell with a command tower above it.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                          Looking damn good RJB! What have you planned for those posts on each side of the ship?
                          Thank you.

The two side posts will both have two heavy pulse turrets, one top and one bottom.

Here's my newest project. I got so many ideas from dauntless and from many others that I had to doodle something... Now I have a problem with the bridge. I have absolutely no idea what kind it should be. Prommy style? Fighter hangars or no fighter hangars?

Suggestions and comments needed (!)

See attachment
                          Looking great, I can really see the influence of a few SG artists on it like you said.

As for the bridge and fighter bays, how big is the ship going to be? This can really effect what would look best for the design. If it's smaller than the Prometheus I would say drop the fighter bays and I personally am not a big fan of the bulky bridge design they used on the Prometheus.

Comment

Thank you.

The two side posts will both have two heavy pulse turrets, one top and one bottom.

Looking great, I can really see the influence of a few SG artists on it like you said.

As for the bridge and fighter bays, how big is the ship going to be? This can really effect what would look best for the design. If it's smaller than the Prometheus I would say drop the fighter bays and I personally am not a big fan of the bulky bridge design they used on the Prometheus.
                            Thank you. I'm not sure how big it'll be, but I think it's around 400m in lenght, maybe less. Atm It's not going to have fighter bays, but rather some other bays for some other ships, maybe for jumpers, or similar vessels. It's still on the table.

Here's some progress. Tell me what you think?
                            Last edited by Semmer; 20 October 2007, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you. I'm not sure how big it'll be, but I think it's around 400m in lenght, maybe less. Atm It's not going to have fighter bays, but rather some other bays for some other ships, maybe for jumpers, or similar vessels. It's still on the table.

Here's some progress. Tell me what you think?
                              nice work, I like the design, the rear looks advanced ( engines )
                              sigpic

Comment

like it alot.
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X