This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that ship semmer!!!

The command center looks like a variant of the prommie and I think that is excellent!!!

The engines are awesome too!

I think it looks better without hanger bays.

Green for you!!
    Visit my Website

Comment

Thanks guys for the support and mike for the green!

I'll post more progress tomorrow, since I'll be having a lot of free time because of my sprained ancle

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
        Got a bit more work done on my Tempest model so here is an update.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9...stoct14yq0.jpg
        as always... awsome

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
        Thanks guys for the support and mike for the green!

I'll post more progress tomorrow, since I'll be having a lot of free time because of my sprained ancle
        looking forward on seeing how the ship progresses.
        bad thing that your ancle is sprained then

and now a little something from me. It is carrier called USAF VECTOR
        http://000jonza000.deviantart.com/ar...R-WIP-67703094
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
          and now a little something from me. It is carrier called USAF VECTOR
          http://000jonza000.deviantart.com/ar...R-WIP-67703094
          i like that, very high tech looking without having lost the general feel of SG earth ships
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Jonza dude, you are amazing, i love the VECTOR! well done!
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

thanks for the comments
              I think that I am going to submit for 3.0 if there will be any voting about carriers
              sigpic

Comment

Can i make a big request for people interesting in submitting for 3.0. Read my Guide. And if you are doing models, make the specs. The models coming out of GW are amazing right now, im actually blown away but what we will need for 3.0 is very good realistic specs to go with the amazing models. I think if anything will make 3.0 fantastic would be having the right balence in the group involved between modellers, writers and spec makers and if you are doing the modelling, try and do the specs for the ship too. Last time the specs didnt live up to the models in some cases and that was a big shame. Also for modellers, in 2.0 we didnt find a good use for everyones models, we didnt get the movies, animations, comics etc that we wanted to use them for. In 3.0 im not promising anything either but if you have skills which can help in that department, in order to make the models being produced here actually become part of animations or comicstrip type story telling as part of 3.0, then your needed. Just a few thoughts.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Looking good Jonza!

Here's some progress. I've been busier than I expected with this ancle so no major advancements have been made. Pictures will be better when I'll get back to my appartment tomorrow. Nevertheless.. Enjoy

Right now she doesn't have a name, nor classification, so if anyone of you can think of a good name and class, please post it.

However, I've decided it's scale, which is 500m in lenght, 195m in width and 120m in height. She's got 16 slots for turrets, 4 missile doors, one main foward fixed big weapon array (ion beam?) and two medium side weapon arrays (also beam?). There's also one hangar for a few puddle jumper sized crafts and one bay for something... Suggestions needed here too..

What do you think?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Do the specs dude. I would say Battle cruiser for class, maybe Achiles class? Something like that.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

She's coming along very well Semmer and I don't think there is much I can add at this point.

Keep up the great work.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I like prometheus variants. This could be a Prometheus class ship, with an original name. Maybe the titan?
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                          Looking good Jonza!

Here's some progress. I've been busier than I expected with this ancle so no major advancements have been made. Pictures will be better when I'll get back to my appartment tomorrow. Nevertheless.. Enjoy

Right now she doesn't have a name, nor classification, so if anyone of you can think of a good name and class, please post it.

However, I've decided it's scale, which is 500m in lenght, 195m in width and 120m in height. She's got 16 slots for turrets, 4 missile doors, one main foward fixed big weapon array (ion beam?) and two medium side weapon arrays (also beam?). There's also one hangar for a few puddle jumper sized crafts and one bay for something... Suggestions needed here too..

What do you think?
                          I really like the design, I cant wait to see it completed
                          sigpic

Comment

OK this is my first attempt on writing specs, so any advices would be appriciated

-Designation: Vector class

-Type: Large (hyperspace capable starship)

-Role: Carrier.. any ideas?

-Users: Tau’ri Fleet

-Length: 700m

-Width: 325m

-Hight: 80m

-Capacity:
                            ~Crew: 80
                            ~Troops: 180
                            ~Pilots: 60
                            ~Total: 320

- Fighters: 35
                            -Powerplant: four Mark IV Naquadah Generators

-Propulsion:
                            ~2 large sublight ion Drives
                            ~2 medium sublight ion Drives
                            ~2 Asgard/Tau'ri designed Hyperspace Generators

-Armament:
                            ~2 Forward Type III Heavy Ion canons
                            ~12 type Ia Ion cannons
                            ~22 Type I Point defense light Ion canons
                            ~20 VLT with rounds each.

-Defenses:
                            ~Asgard/Tau'ri design shields
                            ~Naquadah/ Trinium/Carbon alloy armor

-Additional Technology:
                            ~Asgard transporter
                            ~Asgard sensors

Also a uppdate on the model
                            enjoy
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks great, needs a history but as first designs go theres not much wrong with. Cept maybe 36 fighters instead of 35 (3 squads of 12) but i really love that model.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

needs something sticking out at te back, earth ships just don't look the same wothout something sticking out at he back.
                                Last edited by Crazy Tom; 21 October 2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X