• Show
Clear All

BS-01 ‘Beagle‘

Type: British prototype ship
    Technology: Tau'ri/Asgard
    Length: 165 meters
    Width: 85 meters
    Height: 45 meters
    Decks: 9 (Including lower maintenance decks)
    Construction: Trinium/titanium composite hull
    Crew: 45
    Captain: Colonel Mathews

Power:
    Two naquada reactors
    Propulsion:
    Hyperspace window generator
    Two ion-based sub light drives (Max sub light speed 98 PSL)
    Anti-gravity wave generators
    Weapons:
    4 Rail gun placements
    Mark VIII tactical warheads
    4 F-302s
    Defences:
    Asgard shields
    Trinium plated hull

other technology: Asgard transporter/mid range sensor technology

Notes
    When the governments of the IOA began demanding use of the new technologies, the USAF were not sure what to do. Some governments, including China, even threatened to release the knowledge to the world if not given access to plans for Earth ships and tech. The USAF eventually caved, and gave the governments most of the info on the Prometheus project. The countries set off designing their own ships. Some were basically Prometheus design, others went further and designed their own on the info they had. The BS-01 was designed to test the Brits capability at reproducing the technology. The ship was completed in fall 2007, and launched mid November.

The attempt was deemed a success, and the USAF gave the Brits more details and info. Scientists soon got to work on the BS-X01.

The Prototype ship is smaller than the Prometheus, and although not as powerful as the ship it is based on it is faster and more manoeuvrable. This helped it greatly in battle, making it a good ship to have while battling the Ori, as it was easily able to evade the rather slow weapons fire of the huge ships. It embarked on 7 missions, and battled successfully twice before it was destroyed. Her third engagement proved fatal.

The Ship was encountered by an enemy Ha’tak owned by Jaffa that had turned to Origin, the small ships manoeuvrability led to victory, but some well placed shots had damaged the shields and sub light engines. A second Ha’tak dropped out of hyperspace, and finished the job, destroying the first British star ship in service. The 50 crew aboard, including Colonel Mathews, were lost.

Spoiler:

Views

Prometheus comparison

In space

Rendevouzing with an Oneill class ship

Ha'tak opens fire

The Beagle stands no chance against a second Ha'tak
    Last edited by SGFerrit; 06 August 2006, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Good job, Ferrit, I like it. The only issue I have is that is the ugliest ship I have ever seen. But as long it can fight, I have no problem.

Comment

I like it. Nice ship. But I don't think its the ugliest ship I have ever seen. I think you did good on the 3d like views. For some reason I think it looks like something from an old computer game. Did you do that with paint?

And I did a drawing of the Abydos AJT. I don't think you're gonna like it that much though. It's not that different from your final drawing of the Abydos. >> I will do a front and rear view if you want me too.
        http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...d69/abydos.png

Comment

Originally posted by ZakeD
          I like it. Nice ship. But I don't think its the ugliest ship I have ever seen. I think you did good on the 3d like views. For some reason I think it looks like something from an old computer game. Did you do that with paint?

And I did a drawing of the Abydos AJT. I don't think you're gonna like it that much though. It's not that different from your final drawing of the Abydos. >> I will do a front and rear view if you want me too.
          Are you kidding? It's great!

Only problem is the multiple 155mm rail gun turrets on the bow. At most, she's supposed to have four-arranged on the wings. Two small, dome-shaped defensive laser turrets are on the top of the boathouse (the superstructure that houses the bridge), two on the ventral side (the bottom),
          and two on the wing tips, at 90 degree angles. The two coil guns are in one turret on the bow. Otherwise though, you did a great job!

In this mode, Abydos is more like a cruiser, since her laser cannons are optimized for taking out large numbers of enemy fighters and missiles (like Goa'uld energy bombs). She can even lock onto rail gun shells and destroy them with her lasers, which can be helpful if one of our ships opens fire on something they aren't supposed to.

Comment

Oh, sorry I messed up the guns. And the reason I put the two of the bigger guns on each wing instead of one is because I removed the ones on the bottom so it could land without having some sort of landing gear. And did you want me too do a front and back view or something?

Comment

Oh, sorry I messed up the guns. And the reason I put the two of the bigger guns on each wing instead of one is because I removed the ones on the bottom so it could land without having some sort of landing gear. And did you want me too do a front and back view or something?
              I would like that very much. And it's okay about the guns, I keep changing the specs on the ship which can be frustrating, I know, and I'm sorry.

The wings serve two purposes-Giving the ship greater manuverability by holding more anti-gravity generators inside them, and keeping the weapons out of the way and in ideal firing positions. The four rail guns, mounted on the wings, can cover the entire ship in this way. The laser turrets on the bottom of the hull are retracted, so the ship doesn't need landing gear. Unfortunately, while she's on the ground she can't use her underside bays, so maybe a possible redesign would be to put a hangar for the two Pegasus she carries in the back of the boathouse, like in sea-going warships?

Comment

Okay, I will. Though I don't know if it will be how you want it. I fixed the guns on it as well, so if you wanna check that out you can. Same url as before.

Comment

Coolness, thank you.

Comment

I think you might wanna look at it before saying coolness.

I don't think that's what you intended it to look like. >>

Comment

I think you might wanna look at it before saying coolness.

I don't think that's what you intended it to look like. >>
                      Uh... I can't see it.

Comment

Yeah, Photobucket messed up. It says its there on my album, but when you click it it says deleted. So try this. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...9/abydos01.png

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fisher
                          Good job, Ferrit, I like it. The only issue I have is that is the ugliest ship I have ever seen.
                          I know lol, but it is a prototype. It was my first ship, I have made more now that are IMO better. I used sketchup to design them and then just took graps and put them on space backgrounds.

Comment

Yeah, Photobucket messed up. It says its there on my album, but when you click it it says deleted. So try this. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...9/abydos01.png
                            Uh... Dude? She only has four twin-rail guns, on the wing tips. And one double-coil gun on the bow (front part of the ship). Otherwise, she looks great!

Comment

Uh..think you could take that and edit it in paint to show me how you wanted the guns?

Comment

Uh..think you could take that and edit it in paint to show me how you wanted the guns?
                                I'm basing this version on the all-guns approach.

There we go.

Comment

Working...
                                X