Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you're so good, why afraid of posting them? just because merlin thinks its fanwank doesnt mean it has use in one way or annother. in general, i just design a ship, and the last step is actually scaling the thing. if scale is the problem, then rescale

Comment

TKM(c) productions proudly presents: the fruits from Blender.

Spoiler:

the glow at the front is it's primary fusion cannon
      Last edited by thekillman; 15 August 2009, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I'm working on a prometheus continuation ship.

Its the next step (In my head) on what the ship would look like if the production was continued with the new technology.

Progress can be seen here

Spoiler:
        Last edited by ManiacMike; 16 August 2009, 10:42 AM.
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          if you're so good, why afraid of posting them? just because merlin thinks its fanwank doesnt mean it has use in one way or annother. in general, i just design a ship, and the last step is actually scaling the thing. if scale is the problem, then rescale
          As I stated killman it was a nice ship, would have made a nice destroyer or battleship. He seems to have taken dreadful offence, shame it was a nice start to the ship.

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          I'm working on a prometheus continuation ship.

Its the next step (In my head) on what the ship would look like if the production was continued with the new technology.

Progress can be seen here
          Spoiler:

Mike great looking ship!

sigpic

Comment

I cry SPOILERS!

Nice start. I think the super structure at the back shout be a bit back though. The general design is nice. I don't know what it is, but it looks mean.
            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
            sigpic

Comment

Looks hot, should be in stargate!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                Like I said on CASF Merlin, the detail may be subtle but it does fit the design of the ship well.

Started on some of the fine details of the arm area.
                man thats awesome. can wait for the final product !

Comment

Well, decided to get my cool techie cousin to look at my laptop. And in his own words 'it just doesn't like downloading stuff properly.' So he downloaded Podium and here's what my laptop has been rendering for the past 30 minutes:
                  sigpic

Comment

um..... i'm not seeing anything

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

neather am I

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

nothing there 442...

Techie response - "Have you tried switching it on and off?...well is the plug in?" You would be suprised how many times that fixes the problem, when i finished college I worked there in IT, that question fixed many a lecturer or researcher machine!!! lol

I have been working on something new, a break from the combat carrier...something for the carrier to deploy. Hope to put it up tomorrow afternoon, its further development on one of my ideas for the stealth ship that was dropped.

sigpic

Comment

ooh...very cool

Should have more on my Challenge submission 2moro

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

What I meant to post was this, but my i pressed the post button for some reason then tried to edit it and my internet gave up. Take Two:

Well, decided to get my cool techie cousin to look at my laptop. And in his own words 'it just doesn't like downloading stuff properly.' So he downloaded Podium and here's what my laptop has been rendering for the past 3 hours:

Spoiler:

Had quite a few technical difficulties with this. One being my laptop kept on freezing up and restarting while continuing to be on. It was kind of wierd.

Anywho, you know the drill: insults, objections and 'it sucks' followed by 'B*lls' a are welcome.
                            sigpic

Comment

sketchup sucks in that respect. i managed to crash a computer twice with it. and if the comp dont break sketchup itself does.

Comment

What is it? I can see that its rail guns but I think it needs a wider shot so we can all see the ship.

442 are you applying textures in sketchup or in podium. I don't know podium very well but if textures are applied in kerkythea it can take longer to render. If i was you I would mess around with the render options to see if you can alter the run time, or buy a new desktop.

I'm thinking of buying a new one, I know its cheaper to build one but I have seen a quad core that is going to be reduced soon...fingers crossed.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X