Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Alx, could you do that same comparison with 302s in the hanger? Then your statement is debunked I believe? Post a pic!

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
      Ok Alx, could you do that same comparison with 302s in the hanger? Then your statement is debunked I believe? Post a pic!
      yes!

as you can cleary see i can fit several 9m wingspan 302s easily in the hangar i could even make em bigger if i wanted to and have room to land and take off and move about etc..
      and this is still the same scale settings, character is 170cm and the 304 is scaled to 295m.

I declare myth

Debunked!

Comment

Even up to 14m in wingspan? I recall such number from somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
          Even up to 14m in wingspan? I recall such number from somewhere..
          17m is the maximun i could go and still have space for all 16 fighters.

Comment

Not from me. But I found a picture that would work for Yu's homeworld.

Spoiler:
            Last edited by lord groovy; 16 January 2010, 02:20 PM.
            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
              Not from me. But I found a picture that would work for Yu's homeworld.

Spoiler:
              and this is posted here why?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                Spoiler:
                christ i cant belive im gonna bring this up again but here goes..
                while making my new 304 i have kept it scaled correctly and here are the results and my findings.

first of all boberth no disrespect but your scalings are wrong the official 295m statements are infact correct this pic should explain it.

the 2D character is 170cm and the ships main hull is scaled to 295m but total length of ship is 315m including aerials and engines.

this is imo proof enough that these "Official" scalings are correct and screencap scalin varies due to scale up or down for "dramatic effects"

/END OF RANT
                Spoiler:
                yes!

as you can cleary see i can fit several 9m wingspan 302s easily in the hangar i could even make em bigger if i wanted to and have room to land and take off and move about etc..
                and this is still the same scale settings, character is 170cm and the 304 is scaled to 295m.

I declare myth

Debunked!
                Uh Oh. . . . . .

I'm going to number the problems for easier reference down the road:

1. You are using a model you created. The ship is a fan model of the Daedalus Class not the real thing. It shows your interpretation of the shows design, not the actual model in the show. Due to the difference in models and the unreliability of a perfect cannon resemblance I have to discredit this scaling.

2. It has no evidence from the show that the DSC is 295 meters is the length. It just shows that the ship could be 295 meters and your model is proof of it. It's not fact since you ship is not the real thing, its an interpretation of what the real thing could be.

3. The window sizes are off. In this frontal shot of the Odyssey in Camelot we can see that the window is 8 pixels tall and the recessed portion to the top of the front end is 28 pixels. That is a ratio of 3.5. In your model the window is 105 pixels and the recessed portion to the top of the front end is 217 pixels. That is a ratio of 2.0. This has a 42% relative error for the proportion of the front of your model to the front the actual model.

4. I haven't seen a cannon screenshot scale of a F-302 for a base line number that can be used as a proper reference for scaling. I believe that using the F-302 is not the way to scale unless we have a defined dimension for it.

Note:
                I was trying to not use 'you' because it is very afflictive. I couldn't manage to because I had differentiate between the models and thats the only adjective I could think of. Sorry if it sounded personal I didn't want that to happen.
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

So Alx, you should try rescaling the windows, and then re-extrapolate the size of the room and then compare it's realistic size

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                    and this is posted here why?
                    well I wanted to bring some diversity to the original pyramid-shaped ha'tak. And this thread is one of the few where the starship design diverge from the canon Egyptian reference.
                    Hence the futuristic Chinese/Japanese reference.
                    La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                    L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

christ i cant belive im gonna bring this up again but here goes..
                      while making my new 304 i have kept it scaled correctly and here are the results and my findings.

first of all boberth no disrespect but your scalings are wrong the official 295m statements are infact correct this pic should explain it.

the 2D character is 170cm and the ships main hull is scaled to 295m but total length of ship is 315m including aerials and engines.

this is imo proof enough that these "Official" scalings are correct and screencap scalin varies due to scale up or down for "dramatic effects"

/END OF RANT
                      I agree.
                      An actual scaled model, be it fan made or not, that works with some of the few size references we have is enough proof that this FICTIONAL starship is meant to be 295m long excluding spikey bits.
                      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                        I agree.
                        An actual scaled model, be it fan made or not, that works with some of the few size references we have is enough proof that this FICTIONAL starship is meant to be 295m long excluding spikey bits.
                        No. No it just shows that his model could be scaled to 295 meters, not the model in the show could be scaled to 295 meters. There is no reference in his posts to scales or pictures from an episode. The relative size error is 42% between the models. That means the 295 meters is almost half off from what it should be.
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                          I agree.
                          thank you for agreeing with me and having an open mind titan

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                          No. No it just shows that his model could be scaled to 295 meters, not the model in the show could be scaled to 295 meters. There is no reference in his posts to scales or pictures from an episode. The relative size error is 42% between the models. That means the 295 meters is almost half off from what it should be.
                          matemathics and screencap scalings aside you do see that it fits right? everything we have seen on the show fits the 295m scale perfectly everything from hallway sizes, people, 302 exiting and parked in the bays this scale even fits with the interior to outside shot in unending where mitchell say "oh really what about that" to carter and the view changes to the ori beam. frankly i trust what i can see with my own eyes and the 295 scale relly does make sense and IMO counting pixls from screencaps cant compare as they are eiteher scaled up or down depending on the CG department needs for that particular episode.

and i dont understand how you can have it at 600m the windows would be over 3m tall and all viewports would be huge. and i didnt scale it after a 302 i scaled it after a 170cm 2d human and if i place it on several diffrent locations around the ship everything looks spot on.

and when comparing it to real world naval vessels a 600m 304 is ludicrus so i stand by my debunked statement and i am now forever a believer of a 295m scale for the 304s.

/scale rant 2 over.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                            From your statement, what I got was the windows were out of scale to the rest of the model. This doesn't prove anything.
                            I could half the size of the window in my room right now, wouldn't make the room twice the size.

Also, discrepancies in the angle of the shot, and angle of the from and slight differences between the models will give you inaccurate figures.

Look, it doesn't matter really. Its a fictional ship that doesn't exist.
                            Axl has provided the most concrete evidence to date for his scalings. It may not be perfect, but it beats taking shots from a show notorious for its scaling errors, and trying to make sense of it to fit your own argument.

Nothing personal you realise, just my POV.

sigpic

Comment

Unless you're all planning to build a real one.. does it really matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                                Unless you're all planning to build a real one.. does it really matter?
                                Your right.
                                My lifesize model plans are for the Prometheus, not Daedalus. (I'm not kidding btw)

But then again, we wouldn't be good fans if we didn't argue unprovable points, then agree to disagree.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X