X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update

Comment

I was flicking through some older posts when I came across this from Dr Lee, anyone else think it has a strange resemblance to the alien ships in Destiny?

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Spoiler:

small update on my large carrier, its slow work with lots of details to add. I have been thinking of changing my idea of a voyager game that i started to one based around my ships, have the ships use a form of jump gate that has been sabotaged to catapult any vessel a vast distance away. where an enemy fleet awaits to plunder them. They get a shock when the Churchill and its fleet exit the gate, once the pirates are destroyed the fleet must return home and discover that they are not the only ones tricked by the pirate gate trap. finding friends and building a fleet along the way.

I could use my gungir class, apis class and sabre class?
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

^ The Jelbot's ship

Comment

A couple of designs i'm working on, basic stages on the colony ship needs lots of work.
            1.jpg
            3.jpg
            2.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Three drop ships for consideration. Which do you prefer left, right, or middle?
              Attached Files
              sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                Middle. It shows more complexity and looks better than the left. The right has too many engines.

sigpic
                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Note that the Death Glider cannons are just stronger versions of the Ma'tok Staff weapons (the Jaffa staff), and that it uses superheated plasma as projectile.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                    Middle. It shows more complexity and looks better than the left. The right has too many engines.
                    you do realize that this a ground vehicle dropship right? that means tanks and the like
                    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      [IMG]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/061/0/2/churchill_by_merlin1701-d78ln2f.jpg[/IMG

small update on my large carrier, its slow work with lots of details to add. I have been thinking of changing my idea of a voyager game that i started to one based around my ships, have the ships use a form of jump gate that has been sabotaged to catapult any vessel a vast distance away. where an enemy fleet awaits to plunder them. They get a shock when the Churchill and its fleet exit the gate, once the pirates are destroyed the fleet must return home and discover that they are not the only ones tricked by the pirate gate trap. finding friends and building a fleet along the way.

I could use my gungir class, apis class and sabre class?
                      Spoiler:
                      [IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/383x383q90/59/gungnir1.jpg[/IMG

Spoiler:
                      [IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/821x389q90/696/54839819.jpg[/IMG
                      But what is the use of the long beam on the back of the Gungnir class space cargo carrier ? Also, the massive carrier is really awesome. It feels very "Tau'ri".

Comment

What component converts electrons into positrons? I have heard of some type of crystal that could do this, is that what you had in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                          I like a mix of both 2 and 3.
                          maybe keep the double engines on the back and keep one pair on the front.. maybe lower them and put them on an angle?

Originally posted by MegaUZI View Post
                          But what is the use of the long beam on the back of the Gungnir class space cargo carrier ? Also, the massive carrier is really awesome. It feels very "Tau'ri".
                          Cheers, the long tail is to hold more cargo pods...up to the full length of the tail.

sigpic

Comment

Cool idea, how does the weapon convert electrons into positrons?

Comment

I know this page turned more from a Starship design ideas thread to a modeling thread, but I still want to go with my idea :

The Proteus :

I did not make a tech list yet with a spreadsheet and all, but my basic idea is just a much bigger ship (1.7 km long) being basically an 304+, with :
                              Launch tubes
                              Underbelly fighter hangar (to dock back the fighters or other ships like tel'taks)
                              Heavy railguns (similar in size with the BSG railguns, carrying HE rounds to easily destroy unshielded targets, or Flak rounds to destroy fighters, maybe small nukes)
                              8 Plasma beam cannons (4 on top, 4 on underbelly, to deal with shielded targets)

I will assemble a correct idea sheet later on, but that is the basic idea. Note that the Tau'ri fleet will only have 1 or 2 of these things, since they are extremely complicated to build.

Comment

Here's one of my newer designs. Due to not having access to a desktop or even a laptop, I probably will not be making a model of it anytime soon.
                                Spoiler:

Tauri Dreadnought:
                                Length: 3645 meters
                                Minimum Crew: 40
                                Crew: 600, Each equipped with light vacuum sealed armour with light ballistic plating as well as a side arm. All are trained to use it with great accuracy. Engineers are assisted with kino drones to find damage as well as a large array of repair drones. Gunnery Crews are equipped with lighter version of marine armour, and serve as a reserve force during boarding actions as they are merely there to assist local fire control in case battle damage prevents the weapons from being controlled from elsewhere.
                                Marine Compliment: 450, Each equipped with heavy weaponry, Heavy Power Armour and Personal Shields. Each is also distributed a four antigravity personal defence drones equipped with light weaponry and is mentally controlled by the user via quantum entanglement connection, and neural interface. Each so deployed in two man teams so one can watch the others back. In a firefight.
                                Total Crew: 1050
                                Has enough food for six months without resupply..

Armament:
                                -Two Spinal Mount Super Heavy Grodins With turreted Projectors for Off-bore Firing
                                -Six Dual Mount Primary Heavy Grodin Turrets( 3 Dorsal, 3 Ventral) with 2 Coaxial Heavy Asgard Plasma Beam Cannons located on the sides of the main cannons.*
                                -Fourteen Dual Mount Secondary Asgard Plasma Beam Cannons with Coaxial Heavy Asgard Plasma Beam Weapon (Fore: 6 Dorsal, 6 Ventral; Aft: 1 Dorsal, 1 Ventral)*
                                -Sixty Quadruple Mount Pulse Turrets evenly split between dorsal and ventral Aspects*
                                -Heavy Distributed Free Electron Laser Grid point defends system. Each emitter can fire a far more powerful antiship laser shot that can take out a frigate in two or three shots.

-Eighteen Rapid Fire Missile Launch Systems (3 Aft, 5 Fore, 5 Dorsal, 5 Ventral) Can fire alteran drones or Tauri Drone Weapons**(Information located further down) with a variety of warheads fitted onto them. Total of 5500 missiles in each missile Bay.
                                -250 Heavy Missile Tubes( 125 Starboard, 125 Ventral) Capable of firing Torpedoes, MKII Horizon Weapon Systems or Heavy Anti Capital Ship Missiles designed to take out dreadnought class vessels. 150 missile Capacity per Launch tube magazine.
                                -Point Defense Missile Tube Network Spread Across Hull
                                *All turrets mounted on Electromagnetic Turret System for rapid turret transverse. Made using RTCS based suspension system.

Power:
                                -Two ZPM Mounts Placed Fore and Aft ( They are rarely Used with fully Charged ZPMs, that act as a backup battery and power storage system)
                                -6 Primary Neutrino Ion Generators
                                -12 Secondary Cold Fusion/ Naquadah Hybrid Reactors which can run purely off of the secondary fusion reactors if needed. Needs Naquadah and and pure hydrogen to operate at full power.
                                -Distributed Auxiliary Naquadah Reactors and Superconducting Power Distribution System*

* Primary System made out of Refined Naquadah, with a combination of carbon nanotubes and Metastable Metallic Hydrogen secondary power systems to reduce cost.

Propulsion:
                                -Six Tauri Gravitic- Ion Assisted Fusion Drive Arrays at the rear, Four at the front. Max Speed.94 C (Ten drives total, Six mounted on the back, four mounted on the front
                                -Tauri Alteran/Asgard Derived Inertial Dampening System
                                -Primary Asgard Intergalactic Drive
                                -Secondary Alteran Intergalactic Drives located to the fore and aft of the Primary Asgard Drive

Defenses:
                                -Alteran Barrier Shield System connected to Energy Buffer System for Power
                                -Primary Dual Layer Asgard Shield Systems
                                -Destiny Style Auxiliary Shield System
                                -Internal Asgard Based Blast Resistance Systems
                                -Internal Blast Reduction Fields
                                -Inertial Dampener System
                                -Alteran Cloaking System
                                -Tauri Outer Sensor Dampening Armour Plating Based on Alteran Designs
                                -Thick Asgard Based Neutronium/Carbon/Titanium/Naquadah/Trinium Composite Alloy Armour with Vacuum Filled Compartments in between Armour Layers.
                                -Thick internal bulkheads with honeycombed structural bracing reinforce the hull. Hyperdrives and shield generators have shields projected around them and are surrounded by thick armour and require going past multiple thick blast doors to gain access to them.
                                -Secondary Control Room with Secondary Control Chair.
                                -Organized array of internal Security stations, patrolling marines, and armouries.
                                -Asgard based anti replicator firewalls, with hard Isolation around communication and fire control systems. Especially around Asgard and alteran data cores which serve to assist in maintenance and repair.

Capabilities:
                                -Atmospheric Travel
                                -Time Dilation Field
                                -Solar Refueling, or refueling from gas Giants. Can Be used to charge up ZPMs.
                                -Alteran/Asgard Hybrid Beaming System with Selective Weapon Removal System
                                -Secure Ring Transceiver System which can connect to Transporter Booths or other ring platforms.
                                -FTL Holographic Communications System
                                -Secure Quantum Entanglement Communication system.
                                -Internal Radio Transmission System
                                -Battle Net Communications System
                                -Whisker Laser Short Range Communications System

Security Systems:
                                -Internal Motion Sensors, Weight Sensitive Floor Plating, Infrared/ Visible Cameras, and Lifesign Scanners
                                -Internal Security Turrets, and Antipersonnel Traps
                                -Security Shields On Blast Doors
                                -Armour Alloy Blast Doors and Hull Plating
                                -Neural Scanner, Palm Scanners, and Iris/ Retina Scanners On Doors.
                                -Internal Transporter Beam Jammer Array
                                -Secure places such as the CIC (Located at the center of the vessel) have independent life support systems and are surrounded by a two layer armour cocoon with shielding in between, and a set of armoured blast doors on the entry. Such places also lack a nearby transporter requiring one to take multiple ladders in between levels and to navigate a long hallway with multiple heavily reinforced blast doors to gain entry. Completely cut off from all nearby transporters with two sets of blast doors and thicker than normal bulkheads two level up and two level down from CIC. Blast doors also cover each ladder with a multitude of traps within the corridors, as well as a large contingent of marines. Similar security measure taken around all airlocks and, and hangar bays isolating them from the rest of the ship. Hangers and airlocks are guarded by a long hallway, half a dozen thick blast doors with security shields and heavily armed and armoured marines. Damage control is protected in a similar manner.

Support Craft:
                                Hanger is defended by a set of cannons built around the sides of the hanger doors.
                                -Four Light Cargo Transports
                                -Sixteen Tauri Jumper Variants
                                -Two Patrol/ Boarding Craft aka corvetes
                                Docking Hatches for intership transport or docking to space stations. Designed to be reconfigurable to allow different races to dock to it, as well as provide power.

**Tauri Drones mount an internal power system that allows them to continue going even after the ships destruction. Can communicate and coordinate with alteran drone weapons. They also come equipped with a sophisticated ECM and Counter ECM package, phase shifting, and shielding for better survivability. Each has a highly sensitive passive radar, infrared, visible light, and ultraviolet light sensor package in addition to active subspace, radar, and lidar targeting sensors. Can use subspace sensors to scan for shield and structural weak points in a targeted vessel. Also has standard IFF transceiver system, and AI targeting software. Vectored Gravitic Ion Drive allows for rapid accelerations and decelerations as well as maneuvering. Can outpace most ships and fighters. It is slightly larger than a alteran drone due to bulkier systems, and more varied systems. Due to lack of squid like propulsion system, it can still fit in a alterran drones storage slot in within an Alteran Drone Launcher.
                                Each missile carries eight small decoys that mimic the missiles energy signature and also project a hologram to fool visible sensors. This further enhances its survival rate against enemy vessels point defenses.
                                Can be equipped with naquadria or naquadah enhanced fusion or fission warheads as well as casaba howitzer shells, or extended ECM packages that expand the survivability if other missiles against an enemy vessel. Software allows for extended ballistic paths to extend range of missiles.

Back Story
                                Designed initially to counter both Ori Battleships, and Wraith Super Hives, they are, according to some, vastly overpowered. Even so they were quickly given the green light after the realization that the replications within the Andromeda Galaxy were still potential threats, and that Earth's survival against the super hive and Ori vessels was mainly due to outside help, most of which is no longer available due to the untimely demise of the Asgard. Even with their legacy military advisors noticed a long habit of depending on outside help and pure dumb luck to survive. Their suggestions eventually led to a research project led by some of Earths brightest scientists after disclosure, leading to the First true Tauri battleship's and the even mightier dreadnought.
                                Much of the design was admittedly based off alteran designs discovered deep within the Atlantis database, but redesigned and modified from a far more military mindset. Even though the construction was filled with delays, the engineers and shipbuilders based on the moon eventually managed to construct three warships that were to be put through rigorous testing before launch. Due to the actions of various parties on earth though, two of them were destroyed along with the shipyard they were constructed at. The final finished warship meanwhile was forced to flee along with a handful of 304s, a mobile shipyard not big enough to dock a dreadnought, a single Aurora class vessel and the heavily modified Atlantis. Eventually several ancient outposts and cities were discovered after fleeing the milky way galaxy, leading the earth refugees to join forces with the remnants of the Lantean military, and a large number of young Alterans and Refugees that had been evacuated in the later days of the wraith war.

Could I get some constructive criticism on the design?
                                Last edited by acegunner; 11 December 2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X