Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ph ignor quetesh as quetesh is a noob. i think it looks good but definately needs some more work.

@Quetesh until you have made something of your own please do not crtique others work.
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Nearly 9000 people have "wasted their time" on this video...

*has no idea why*

Comment

like i said it looks good but imo you should have done more work on the model in the vid before posting it. you should have used the vid as a test bed not as a working model. only when you have more detail on it should it be used for a video model. for example i am assuming the cylinders @ the bottom are nacelles for engines. have them glowing. hve more surface detail on the saucer section like windows, vents, and antennae. have blinking lights on the saucer section. if there isnt enough detail people will think it a waste of time not only to watch but a waste of time to have even been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
          like i said it looks good but imo you should have done more work on the model in the vid before posting it. you should have used the vid as a test bed not as a working model. only when you have more detail on it should it be used for a video model. for example i am assuming the cylinders @ the bottom are nacelles for engines. have them glowing. hve more surface detail on the saucer section like windows, vents, and antennae. have blinking lights on the saucer section. if there isnt enough detail people will think it a waste of time not only to watch but a waste of time to have even been posted.

What do you think of my other videos?

Comment

sorry about the critique im not big on 3d vid stuff i like stop motion better personally. strictly unbiased (by my disliking of this type of vid) it was better than anything i could make and frankly more original then what i could ever imagine.

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              There's no need to be mean about it..
              and i apologize i could have been nicer about it.

Comment

My stop motion animation isn't very good... It's about 2 minutes long and the Lizard-King's arm broke half way through

Comment

i just did mine with lego before but now i dont really do vids

Comment

Mine had characters made of polyurethane foam, with silicone skin and metal armatures And resin armour

Comment

PH do you draw ?

If so then try to draw out your ideas before you model them.

Comment

i used red silly putty as blood when i had to...remove...characters

Comment

Originally posted by QueteshRuled View Post
                          1 km long powered by three rechargeable zpms
                          full compliment of drones and an automatic drone building facility
                          super soldier suits w/ AI powering them
                          5 asgard beam weapons on either side
                          built in stargate w/ optional nine chevron dialing
                          hundreds of 302s in the bay
                          a set of rings and a transporter
                          asgard core
                          computer accessible ancient knowledge base
                          combined power of the five goauld eyes

AND THIS IS COMPLETELY PLAUSIBLE
                          How? seems like a load of Fanwank to me, especially packing in that many 302s into a 1km ship...

Comment

Quetesh said 1 km long. Quetesh did not give the height or width measurements so it is possible to have a ship that carries that many 302's.

and i am designing an Atlantis variation that carries 200 GUNDAM type Mobile Suits. that isnt fanwank. impossible at our current level of tech yes. but in the future maybe not.

after all it was science fiction (Star trek communicators) that created the cell phone. and robots and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                              Quetesh said 1 km long. Quetesh did not give the height or width measurements so it is possible to have a ship that carries that many 302's.

and i am designing an Atlantis variation that carries 200 GUNDAM type Mobile Suits. that isnt fanwank. impossible at our current level of tech yes. but in the future maybe not.

after all it was science fiction (Star trek communicators) that created the cell phone. and robots and the like.
                              thanks for the defending part i had thought it would have a 302 bay similar to a bee hive with 'honeycombs' to hold the 302s. and the suits would be a great idea. also, are we sticking only to stargate tech or other stuff as well, eg. star trek, doctor who. because i want some daleks on my ship

Comment

bullcrap. science fiction has predicted certain things. but not truly invented them.

one good example was a science fiction writer around the time of the Manhattan project. the man was the first if not only writer at the time to understand the ramifications of nuclear fission and his bomb delivered one big boom, contrary to other writers who had them as bombs that kept exploding. he was tapped by the CIA because they thought the Manhattan project was leaked.

hundreds of 302's? how many hundreds? assuming their wingspan is 20 m (i believe the real figure is 16 or so), you can fit 50 in width on such a ship. with every row you add (most efficient will be 2 rows. one pointing left and one right), that increases. with every floor, the row number increases.

so a 1km ship with 4 rows of 302's, 8 floors tall (amounts to 24 meters high for a standard building), you get 50*4*8 = 1600 F-302s.

i needn't say the ship would be extremely specialized as a carrier due to fuelling and maintenance, nor that there would be plenty of useless space due to structural designs etc.

believe me, the depiction of fighters on ships in SG is almost lame. Hives would be able to carry, based upon some quick (but educated) guessing and estimation, over 2000 Darts. per dart bay (there's one on each side).

Comment

Working...
                                X