Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol still 53 plasma beam weapons thats way past over kill and the ammount of nukes aswell its just utter fan wank to me ur tactic seems alright but u can do it with 4 beam cannnons and a one or 2 nukes beamed in i mean seriously the deadalus can do hit and run tactacts and take out one or 2 hives at a time so 4 beams and 2 or so nukes cna handle what u are wantin to do just fine so yes ur specs are major FANWANK!
    Last edited by colbmista; 01 March 2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

well colb the 304 had more than 2 nukes so the nukes is not the problem. I have ship designs over a 1km in length...battle carrier and fighter carrier.

The problem I have with the design is everything depends on the engines they are not hyperdrive just ion engines. the shields are weak so if the engines are damaged or the enemy creates a weapon to disrupt engine use the ship is destroyed.

Would be nice to see your models though, and welcome to Gateworld....(I was about the write Lightspeed Art! lol)

sigpic

Comment

Delta- I like everything of that bar the sheer number of weapons.... feels a bit much to me...also, I'D change the Hyper Drive Jumper for a small specially designed Scout Craft...

Merlin-

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          PS the 3390 cost me $535 fully DCC equipped with sound
          0_o For $535 it should come with a working miniature steam engine that runs off an electric heater powered from the rails.

... Somebody needs to actually build that.

By the way, can you control all the trains on the rail separately?
          MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Yeah, the reason for the amount of weapons is that it is designed to break up the large groups of hives that form when they are preparing to attack a planet, like they did in "The Siege" Part III. It jumps out of hyperspace fires everything it can, and jumps back to hyperspace. the jumper can stay behind and check out how much damage is done. As for using a ship other than the puddle jumper, the reason I chose the jumper was because in an emergency the jumper can escape through a gate, though yes it would be a good idea to use a different ship, especially if the system doesn't have a gate. The ship is heavily under powered when you compare the power output to the amount of energy based weapons which is why a ZPM is really required to use the ship. Without it the ship wouldn't be able to jump back to hyper space quick enough and it would be destroyed by any remaining wraith ships. As for the Nukes, most of them would be loaded in the tubes pretty much all the time. I am pretty sure, but I should ask will a naquadria enhanced nuked destroy a Wraith Hive in one hit, depending on the yield?
            Why are there six pedals and only four directions?
            -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
            Walter - Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin.
            What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

what use are all those APBW's? when are we gonna meet a large enough fleet for it to be used? 99.99% of the time the ship is a waste of resources. we don't have powerful enough enemies for that thing to be used on.

i'd say, a 200 meter long ship, with 6 APBW's (a 304 has approx. 8-10), several large capacitor rooms, a naquahdriah powercore, and a hyperdrive, and use that to beat down the wraith.

all power is first routed through capacitors. the use? power fluctuations are history. second use? all APBW's could fire 2-3 times just using the power from the capacitors.

then jump out, and recharge.

what use are anti-fighter guns on a ship that's never gonna meet them? what use are nukes, or plasma cannons, when the wraith block nukes, and when you want to do as much damage as possible in a short amount of time? the pulses would never do the kind of damage the Beams can do.

Without it the ship wouldn't be able to jump back to hyper space quick enough and it would be destroyed by any remaining wraith ships.
              nonsense. with a ship that size, add some capacitor rooms, and pre-charge them. drop out of hyperspace, and you immediately have the power to do a second jump. not back home, perhaps. but it'll get you out of trouble. transfer power back to the hyperdrive and cruise home.

your ship isn't hit and run, it's more like a small fortress.

Comment

Update:
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  what use are all those APBW's? when are we gonna meet a large enough fleet for it to be used? 99.99% of the time the ship is a waste of resources. we don't have powerful enough enemies for that thing to be used on.

i'd say, a 200 meter long ship, with 6 APBW's (a 304 has approx. 8-10), several large capacitor rooms, a naquahdriah powercore, and a hyperdrive, and use that to beat down the wraith.

all power is first routed through capacitors. the use? power fluctuations are history. second use? all APBW's could fire 2-3 times just using the power from the capacitors.

then jump out, and recharge.

what use are anti-fighter guns on a ship that's never gonna meet them? what use are nukes, or plasma cannons, when the wraith block nukes, and when you want to do as much damage as possible in a short amount of time? the pulses would never do the kind of damage the Beams can do.

nonsense. with a ship that size, add some capacitor rooms, and pre-charge them. drop out of hyperspace, and you immediately have the power to do a second jump. not back home, perhaps. but it'll get you out of trouble. transfer power back to the hyperdrive and cruise home.

your ship isn't hit and run, it's more like a small fortress.
                  If equipped with a ZPM then yes the ship is a fortress, but without it the ship doesn't have the power generation to fully run most of the systems, and the shields are rather weak. But just like the war with the Ancients the ship can be out gunned through shear numbers and destroyed, just like Ancient warships equipped with ZPMs. As for when it would be used: if there ever actually is an all out war with the Wraith. Why doesn't it just jump out, recharge and come back? It DOES. That is the point of the ship. Why so many APBWs and nukes, it may take 2-3 shots from the APBWs to destroy a Hive, and the idea is to fire them all at the same time, at relatively close range, ensuring the nukes aren't intercepted, and jump out seconds later. Why have Rail guns, anti-fighter defense in case it has to DEFEND something, like in actual battles. The plasma cannons fire rapidly at a higher velocities in small pulses for hitting ships while the APBWs are recharging, ships at further distances of higher maneuverability that could easily EVADE the APBWs, and hitting ships out of the firing arcs of the APBWs. The plasma pulse weaponry is a replacement for rail guns in anti ship duty. The reason there aren't large capacitors for everything is that there isn't room. While the ships longest length, width, and height are by far greater than that of a 304, most of the ship doesn't match those characteristics. Like I said the ship CANNOT produce the amount of power required to run its systems, which is why the ship is supposed to be used with a ZPM (most likely the one from Odyssey, its no longer necessary to have it on board because the Ori threat is gone.) The ship is a one time build, meaning there will not be any other ships like it. It is designed to destroy fleets of wraith hives, before they launch darts.

Oh and a 304 only has 2-4 APBWs.
                  Last edited by deltaCain054; 02 March 2010, 06:25 AM. Reason: Pc error
                  -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
                  What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

i still deam this fan wank its unrealistic and the amount of weaponry is just sad like people have bene sayin you can do it with up to JUST 4 beam weapons and a few nukes and u have like a whole planets worth of nukes and and over doese of plasma weapons i still consider it fanwank untill u decide to reduce the amount of weapon load get real..

mineswell make the ship one mobile cannon and have it a mile wide that blasts threw fleeets of ships cuz thats what it sounds like to me its stupid!
                    Last edited by colbmista; 02 March 2010, 06:56 AM.

Comment

What exactly is so wrong. A ZPM is more than capable of powering the ship fully, and without it the ship is practically useless. It is designed as a precision strike vessel, NOT intended to take fire without a ZPM on board. If they equipped a 304 with a ZPM and used it against the Wraith it would be very effective, and given this ship is much larger than a 304, doesn't carry much extra ammo for rail guns and carries only a few spare nukes, it is well within the boundaries of reality. Its only real use is against FLEETS of wraith hives, the idea being to destroy them all BEFORE they launch darts, not after, which is the best a 304 equipped with a ZPM could do. Remember we are talking about the Wraith, the ones who defeated the Ancients. The win by having numbers on there side and when equipped with a ZPM it is designed to balance that type of fight.

The plasma pulse weapons fire by far smaller and less powerful bolts of plasma. They are simply an upgrade for rail guns.
                      Last edited by deltaCain054; 02 March 2010, 07:32 AM.
                      -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

again a single deadalus class ship with its current abuilitys can take out 2 hive ships on a hit and run equip it with 2 more beam cannons an extra few nukes the number would probably double but what you have for weaponry is jsut retarded and most hive ship fleets consist of 2 hives plus 2 or 3 cruisers so again as i stated ur fan******y is overkill.

Comment

Correction a 304 can take out 1 hive and damage (minorly) a on a hit and run. And remember "The Siege" part III. There were 12 hive ships, and by far more cruisers.
                          -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.

Comment

Your wrong thats all you need to know

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

if the ship is so useless without a ZPM, why not add more reactors, or why not use the resources to make more 304's.

it's quite a nice design, it's simply....useless.

The ship is a one time build, meaning there will not be any other ships like it. It is designed to destroy fleets of wraith hives, before they launch darts.
                              then why are their AA guns?

if the ship is designed as a one-off, why put so much resources and time into designing and building it? why not use the time and resources for more 304's, send them in a bunch and blast the wraith to hell.

why isn't it fully powered? why not take a 304, remove the hangars, and add more powercores. it'll be like your ship, 10x more durable, 10x better and 10x more effective. and 10x more cost effective.

The reason there aren't large capacitors for everything is that there isn't room.
                              your ship is much bigger, yet there's no room?

why give it tons of weapons it can't power, an underpowered shield, a ton of nukes, a ton of AA defence, when it's underpowered? why not make a mobile powercore with APBW's?

you are trying to make it sound effective, yet you give it handicaps that make it useless.

want to use nukes? build a missile cruiser. give it regular engines etc. give it 4 APBW's, some CIWS, and use up most space for missiles and nukes, and beaming buffers to store more nukes and missiles.

have the ship drop out of hyperspace, launch all missiles simultaniously, load the launchers again, use the BC-304 powercore to power the shield to the max of it's ability, take the beating from the fleet, launch again, flee.

a second possibility, is a ship with advanced asgard powercores, several arrays of APBW's, give each APBW a Capacitor array, and some CIWS.

no missiles. a bit like a 304, hangars replaced with powercores, and it's neck filled with Capacitors instead of missile tubes.

charge the capacitors, drop out, fire APBW's several times untill the capacitor banks are empty, then leave.

Comment

Delta: Your ship has too many weapons for it to be canon with the show. Here on Gateworld we go for designs that are the closest to reality. That reality includes all technology and real world practicality of Stargate. Right now your ship isn't practical to build: It's putting all of your eggs in one basket, it will take longer to build and will need more supplies to keep it running than a DCS-304 will, the DCS-304 is doing an excellent job now, and you can't have that ship at two different places at the same time. Once the enemy gains intelligence on the location of that super-ship then they're going to attack where it's not. It's basic tactics. Spreading your ships out with equal weapons would allow you to defend that area without the need for one overpowering force.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X