• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suna, what are you using to render?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
      10 zpms aint that a lil fnawankish? they are prototypes correct i dont think thye would have a supplie of tha t many zpms just for prototypes..
      the purpose of the outpost was to make an interstellar quick strike fighter. to do that they would need hyper drives to power hyper drives they would need lots of power namely the power source of choice 4 the Lanteans. ZPM's as the out post required 3 zpms it self 4 full operation ie pumping out drones and the fighters once they were no longer prototypes. and each fighter required a Zpm 4 the hyper drive lets see hmmmmm
      nope no fanwank just forward thinking on the part of the Lanteans

and btw i didnt say if the zps were full or not 4 all i know they could be @ 25% how the heck am i supposed to know. the Lanteans put them there not me. and no one will know until someone tests the damn things
      sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

@ merlin i use podium y?

Comment

10 zpms aint that a lil fnawankish?
          fanwank shmanwank least he provided a story instead of just a wall of technobabble like most "fan******s" do

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
          @ merlin i use podium y?
          lol hes prob gonna advertise Kerkythea again

Comment

10 zpms aint that a lil fnawankish? they are prototypes correct i dont think thye would have a supplie of tha t many zpms just for prototypes..
            I don't see the problem.
            It doesn't have to be fully explained.
            the fighters aren't using them and it doesn't make sense that zpm's be are rare as refined gems like Atlantis made them.

Comment

umm i dont think you read my post fully saquist. the zpm's are to be used in the fighters to power the interstellar hyperdrive.

However i do agree with you on the fact that ZPM's arent as rare as SGA makes them out to be. they are just hidden all over the galaxies (MW and PG) in lost Lantean outposts

Comment

a ZPM to power a fighter? are you frikking insane?

and yes, ZPM's are rare. why? well, maybe because each holds so much energy, you can use a handful to power a handful of planets

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                  However i do agree with you on the fact that ZPM's arent as rare as SGA makes them out to be. they are just hidden all over the galaxies (MW and PG) in lost Lantean outposts
                  i dont agree there as the ones there might be were prob depleted long ago.
                  however i do believe a manufacturing facility for ZPM's could be out there somewhere.
                  and personally i like them being scarse as it adds that feel of being the under dog that SG is all about for me anyways.

Comment

ZPM's should not be considered rare prizes imo. If you write a fanfic suggesting you have found an Ancient outpost with a horde of them, what is wrong with that?
                    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                      ZPM's should not be considered rare prizes imo. If you write a fanfic suggesting you have found an Ancient outpost with a horde of them, what is wrong with that?
                      it gives earth an uberness that IMO it shouldnt have and it sucks all the fun out of the concept and the story.
                      like if the Asgard legacy had solved all of earths problems or if the asgard had left us a fleet of ships.
                      stargate to me is the struggle to earn advancements and the road there, like i said the underdog feeling.

and as you mentionend fanfic. many of your fellow writers delibratly neglect or ignore this aspect of stargate in favor of uber epic space battles and that gets boring very very fast, and it isnt stargate to me. infact i find it childish.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                        it gives earth an uberness that IMO it shouldnt have and it sucks all the fun out of the concept and the story.
                        like if the Asgard legacy had solved all of earths problems or if the asgard had left us a fleet of ships.
                        stargate to me is the struggle to earn advancements and the road there, like i said the underdog feeling.

and as you mentionend fanfic. many of your fellow writers delibratly neglect or ignore this aspect of stargate in favor of uber epic space battles and that gets boring very very fast, and it isnt stargate to me. infact i find it childish.
                        True to a point I agree. But within restraint, there would be no harm in finding a small few without going outside the heart of the Stargate struggle to keep up with their enemies. I am totally against every new ship having a gazillion zpm's, etc, etc. But a find of half a dozen or so, is not out the boundries of believability

Comment

IMHO, Earth should never have more than five ZPMs at any one time...and two of them should be in Atlantis...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            IMHO, Earth should never have more than five ZPMs at any one time...and two of them should be in Atlantis...
                            I think there should be a poll on this. I'm going for a total of between 7 and 9, and as the Doc said, two in Atlantis

Comment

And the Odyssey needs to keep one as well....

Man am i p'd off.... spent all day working on the GWMC only to find i've screwed up a measurement.... and it's gonna take a while to get it fixed ..... lucky 'a while' only means tonight.... but still

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

well as we are on the topic still i say that atlantis should allways have 3 ZPM's regardless the need anywhere else as IMO a fully power city ship can come in handy, besides protecting the ancient database should be priority as losing that would mean losing knowledge of thing we havnt begun to comprehend yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X