This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alx View Post
    well as we are on the topic still i say that atlantis should allways have 3 ZPM's regardless the need anywhere else as IMO a fully power city ship can come in handy, besides protecting the ancient database should be priority as losing that would mean losing knowledge of thing we havnt begun to comprehend yet.
    Can't argue with that theory. So 3 for Atlantis, one each for the 304's and one for the chair in Antarctica, that makes 9
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

you are forgetting there is no chair in antarctica anymore nor is it in Area 51 unless theyve dug it out and managed to get it working again but otherwise yes sounds about right

Comment

here is what ive been working on for the better part of a day.

This mesh is based on a Concept Mesh of SGU's Destiny made by Jose A. Perez the man behind both the Destiny and the BC-304.
        i decided to make my new destiny mesh like the first Concept Mesh he came up with as IMO it is the original and it looks alot better then the show version it also gives me a chance to add my unique design twist to it.

As usual everything is made with
        Google SketchUp,

Enjoy!

Comment

why the heck do i even post on here?!?!?

OH YEAH ITS TO GET FEED BACK ON MY DESIGNS NOT THE DARNED BACKGROUND STORIES

all i ever get is this is fanwank thats fanwank.

instead of worrying about the details give feedback on the design. i mean after all isnt that what this thread is 4???? getting feedback on DESIGNS????????
          sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Okay... Firstly i'd say take a deep breath and relax...Snapping doesn't help... trust me, last time i snapped on a forum, i got a three month ban (Different forum, not GW)

Secondly... i quite like the Fighter...apart from the ZPM Hyperdrive, i have to admit i think thats a bit over the top.... The Jumper style nose is a nice touch though..... guessing the wings retract inwards for Gate Travel?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
              Okay... Firstly i'd say take a deep breath and relax...Snapping doesn't help... trust me, last time i snapped on a forum, i got a three month ban (Different forum, not GW)

Secondly... i quite like the Fighter...apart from the ZPM Hyperdrive, i have to admit i think thats a bit over the top.... The Jumper style nose is a nice touch though..... guessing the wings retract inwards for Gate Travel?
              no the wings dont retract

they are static

thats the reason y i put in the hyperdrive

and its not so unreasonable to think that since the Lanteans knew the power requirements 4 a hyperdrive that they would make it powered by a zpm.

afterall the fighters fuselage is only 7-8ft in diameter so to create a small enough hyperdrive generator and have the power to create a stable hyperspace window a zpm is needed.

(unless you want me to use naquadria )

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post

they are static

and its not so unreasonable to think that since the Lanteans knew the power requirements 4 a hyperdrive that they would make it powered by a zpm.

afterall the fighters fuselage is only 7-8ft in diameter so to create a small enough hyperdrive generator and have the power to create a stable hyperspace window a zpm is needed.

Nq is inherently unstable, and while the Ancients might have known about Nq, they wouldn't have used it due to having more advanced power stations. If anything, perhaps Naquadah. The Ancients have been seen to use Nh generators.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

they are static

If they did, then why don't the Jumpers have Hyperdrives that aren't created by McKay messing with the settings?

What about having a hyper drive that isn't ZPM powered... but that can only perform a short jump and has to 'cool down' for a couple of hours before it can be used again?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                    If they did, then why don't the Jumpers have Hyperdrives that aren't created by McKay messing with the settings?
                    What about having a hyper drive that isn't ZPM powered... but that can only perform a short jump and has to 'cool down' for a couple of hours before it can be used again?
                    im guessing the facility where these figters were discovered was a weapons development lab and these new hyper drives were still in development and hadnt yet been incorporated into the jumpers and before they could the chicken**** lanteans fled PG...
                    sound right Marc?

Comment

in another area heres what ive been werking on 4 about 7 hrs

its a drop pod carrier and the drop pods them selves

ill give details l8r

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                        im guessing the facility where these figters were discovered was a weapons development lab and these new hyper drives were still in development and hadnt yet been incorporated into the jumpers and before they could the chicken**** lanteans fled PG...
                        sound right Marc?
                        precisely

Comment

in another area heres what ive been werking on 4 about 7 hrs

its a drop pod carrier and the drop pods them selves

ill give details l8r
                          I like the idea.....looking forward to the details....

Comment

the drop pod looks great!

Comment

Haven't posted any images here for a while.... so here's three ships to make up for it

Prometheus MkII update-

Mini-Carrier- moved crew quarters to above the flight deck to open up the lower decks for either storage or extra space for the flight deck

Ancient Personal Transport- Okay...we know the Ancients had Jumpers, but i thought i'd design a small 4-seat ship that has limited sheilding and no weapons... Basicly it's an Ancient flying car..

Comment

The concept destiny
                                (warning high rez pics)

and a wireframe for those who like to study those. (me included)

100056 polys and counting (keeping it as clean as i can)
                                more renders are over at Lightspeed-art

Comment

Working...
                                X