Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original Starship Design Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    A little something I've been doing lately

    Spoiler:


    An alien version and reverse-engineered version

    Comment


      very nice semmer i like the curvy one better then the blocky one

      Comment


        Originally posted by Alx View Post
        very very nice! the chestplate and leg details are sweet! so you think you'll be able to make that cloth animate realistic?

        the F1 in black
        http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/f/2010/044/6/b/F1_car_Wip_Black_by_AlxShipyards.jpg
        The cloth is easily animated with the cloth sim

        I still have to finish modelling.. and then texturing.. I'm trying UV textures for this model, just because I haven't used them before So far only the eyes have UV textures Made from a photo of my own eye

        Comment


          Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          The cloth is easily animated with the cloth sim

          I still have to finish modelling.. and then texturing.. I'm trying UV textures for this model, just because I haven't used them before So far only the eyes have UV textures Made from a photo of my own eye
          true it is if you know how to set it up
          ive been mening to give UV a go myself just havnt gotten there yet
          and having your own eye as eye texture is an awesome lil Easteregg

          Comment


            Originally posted by Semmer View Post
            A little something I've been doing lately

            Spoiler:


            An alien version and reverse-engineered version
            awsome design and i take it the sleek one sthe alien one wich is the cool one what exactly are they? more drones?

            Comment


              Originally posted by colbmista View Post
              awsome design and i take it the sleek one sthe alien one wich is the cool one what exactly are they? more drones?
              Yup, more drones. This time they are really small. The advanced one (sleeky one) is not more than 1 meter long. Compare their role to Halo sentinels.

              I like doing smaller ships nowadays. Making a small ship is n-times more challenging than making a large one. Every greeble on a small ship, or thing, must have a meaning, or you'll run out of space really quickly.

              Comment


                Vroooooooom screeeeetch mwwroooooooom

                ok not the usual "pew pew" but still some CG

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Alx View Post
                  Vroooooooom screeeeetch mwwroooooooom

                  ok not the usual "pew pew" but still some CG
                  kinda looks like the old scool batmobile

                  Comment


                    lol kinda does doesnt it

                    Comment


                      Reel unrelated to Scifi but still CG.

                      Comment


                        Spaceship time again

                        Ragnarok Space shuttle from FFVIII

                        Comment


                          That looks like the picture.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Alx View Post
                            Spaceship time again

                            Ragnarok Space shuttle from FFVIII
                            Niiiiiiiice Alx

                            Oh and I know this is not a ship per se, but it is a model Alx has seen it, so I'll show the rest of you. Many weeks work

                            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

                            Comment


                              That is nice... wish i had the room to set my stuff up... OO/HO/N Gauge?


                              'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                                That is nice... wish i had the room to set my stuff up... OO/HO/N Gauge?
                                HO, that is one small corner on a 12' * 5' layout in my garage, will post some more sections soon. This is the city area, based on local junction near my home

                                BTW all the 50's era freight wagon's were scratch built
                                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X