• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    It's a real fine looking reproductions.
    thanks!
    Last edited by Alx; 28 October 2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to get better with my VFX. Here is the Morpheus firing on a Lucian Alliance Ha'tak, the salvo fire has stopped mid scene and continuous fire began with the depletion of the Ha'tak's shield.

Spoiler:
      Last edited by boberth2o; 29 October 2009, 10:41 AM.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

gee, I wish it was bigger, sir.

Comment

its quite bid, have you clicked it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by merlin1701 View Post
            lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
              No, sir, before there was no spoiler tag on it.
              It was simply a thumb nail and I clicked on it and it pulled up another window which said, "could not find" or something.

Comment

aha i see maybe your computer is still blocking images?

and are you following the "rank" under your name?

Comment

progress on the Earth Vessel Athena
                  Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post

We're role-playing as our user ranks now? *Is Major General Katalina Hamenthotep*

I should do more of my ship.. but real life keeps getting in the way..

Comment

Another scene for you guys. Better hypervoxels, Alx I added more velocity to the explosions. Here is the Phoebe Gunship and Typhon are attacking two Lucian Alliance Ha'taks.

Spoiler:
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

As i said on casf m8 looks alot better IMO!

Comment

BOB, a few problems:

Fakeness. it looks fake, and though i think you did a hellofajob, the main reason is simple: the ships have no "material". they look like they're made of clay.

the ha'tak lights look a bit odd.

the smoke is good.

the explosions seem to lack intensity

not burning down your render, just trying to simply point out the problems.

definate increase of quality

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                            progress on the Earth Vessel Athena
                            Spoiler:
                            I know it's too late to say, but the more detail you add to this...
                            the more I don't like the head of the ship with the Prometheus like ledge jutting out.

Dear, Merlin

I just want to say that this is one of the truly unique ships on the thread but that ledge makes it look like a dinosaur and derivative of Prometheus. I know the Prometheus is a good design but all roads don't start and stop there. Every part of this ship is unique except for that one piece. Yes, it is a bit of a homage but your talents are readily apparent to everyone including me. You don't need tribute Prometheus here.

I've already made drawings with this head to see what it looks like without it and they are bland. It revealed to me that the head is somewhat blank in shape without it, very square from the plan view, especially the rear part of the head. This a stark contrast to the shapes you chose for the rest of the ship.

This ship has a strong identity and a design that well reflects it's designer.
                            I truely believe some thing different and complementary can be done at the nose of this to complete what I see as Motion Picture Worthy Design.

(feel free to circular file this opinion)

Originally posted by Alx View Post

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            We're role-playing as our user ranks now? *Is Major General Katalina Hamenthotep*

I should do more of my ship.. but real life keeps getting in the way..

It might have been the browser again.
                            I'am following the rank but I haven't found the USB drive with the original .xcf file that I can modify it appropriately, Then again I've been very busy, and I haven't been looking either.

I think 1,000 post is Captain, so I'm definitely doing it then.
                            Truthfully I"ve always liked Lt. Commander Saquist over Captain Saquist but no Commanders in the Airforce.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              BOB, a few problems:

Fakeness. it looks fake, and though i think you did a hellofajob, the main reason is simple: the ships have no "material". they look like they're made of clay.

the ha'tak lights look a bit odd.

the smoke is good.

the explosions seem to lack intensity

not burning down your render, just trying to simply point out the problems.

definate increase of quality
                              The reason they look that way is because I had the ambient light turned on. It will give that plane flat look, when I turned it off the Typhons disappeared and the Phoebe stood out more. I'm on my blackberry now so ill have to post them when I get back to my computer.
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

maybe because there is not other light aside from ambient?

Comment

Working...
                                X