Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALX - where did you get that texture from? it looks cool!

also, i would say, add some effects and you could render a cool scene

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
      Got to say that video is pretty awesome.
      hey thanks! more of those coming still building most of my fleet

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
      alx - why is is it 3.0?
      made a few changes mainly in the building design in the center city many of the buildings are almost copies of the buildings on atlantis the piers are not! (yet).
      but i felt the upgrade warrented a 3.0...

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
      SOME?
      Holly Ancient city Batman!
      still loads more to to so the progress made is limited in the overall design, real glad you like it though

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      ALX - where did you get that texture from? it looks cool!

also, i would say, add some effects and you could render a cool scene
      I dont remeber where i got the texture all i know is that its a metal one i found on a random google search or something... it was a while ago.

and yes i will be adding many things to it in due time but i just finished the city center and im dire need of a break from making weird ancient buildings
      when the time comes i'll do a high quality animation of it or.... something...

Comment

no i meant, add stuff like shields and lights and do all kinds of fancy stuff to make a cool render or animation.

though i would save a dupli of the file to tinker with, because all the effect settings will probably make modelling a hell.

the centre looks a bit too much like atlantis, why not add more square buildings or so?

Comment

I have two engines now ... Just have to build a ship between them. I might move the engines a little further apart...

Comment

remind me of the pod racer from star wars...

sigpic

Comment

Got a little update on both my WIP's

Spoiler:

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

*has been making a character to go with ship model*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TxwCQI7AYE

This is what it looks like after about an hour working on it

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                  hey thanks! more of those coming still building most of my fleet

made a few changes mainly in the building design in the center city many of the buildings are almost copies of the buildings on atlantis the piers are not! (yet).
                  but i felt the upgrade warrented a 3.0...

still loads more to to so the progress made is limited in the overall design, real glad you like it though

I dont remeber where i got the texture all i know is that its a metal one i found on a random google search or something... it was a while ago.

and yes i will be adding many things to it in due time but i just finished the city center and im dire need of a break from making weird ancient buildings
                  when the time comes i'll do a high quality animation of it or.... something...
                  Question:
                  Are you going to provide supports between the city piers?
                  Will the there be an industrial section of the city like Atlantis?

Comment

yay, return of the blob!

Good work there
                    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                    sigpic

Comment

ALX, if i were you i'd add another big circle "plane" to the city, which creates additional space between the piers, so you can add more stuff there while you retain the snowflake shape

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        *has been making a character to go with ship model*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TxwCQI7AYE

This is what it looks like after about an hour working on it

Imperious Leader?
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                          Imperious Leader?
                          Don't know what that is... *checks google* ..... I was just making it up as I went along.. but that is quite similar to my character...

Comment

i've found out my designs are inspired subconsciously by what i've seen.

Comment

But the Imperious Leader is from the original BSG series.. which I've never seen.. (I haven't seen the new one either )

Comment

They never showed the face of the Imperious leader in the show. Just shots later released.

I only knew about the face because I happen to be looking for Imperious leader pictures for reference material.

It looks like a good model. What program are you using?
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X