X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    all the ones puddlejumper posted
    ok... so no constructive add and just being negative then?
    Last edited by Alx; 18 September 2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

nope, i just said they were CRUDE. as in, WIP, not finished.

Comment

nope, i just said they were CRUDE. as in, WIP, not finished.
        talk about stating the obvious...

Comment

I admit that the ones I've made are as crude as it can get but hey.. alpha build??

Comment

they are very crude models
            Well I did say preliminary didn't I?
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Here is something I threw together just to show that I am not entirely gone.

It hearkens back to what I was saying about the Homeworld RTS games and my idea for a slightly different ship. This ship is meant to take advantage of the Linking and External Ship Building technologies that were presented in the game Homeworld: Cataclysm.

Spoiler:
              These first images are of a rough version of the Component Frigate when it is by itself. The blue areas have to do with ship construction.

This is seventy component frigates linked together to form a very nearly mothership class vessel with massive construction capabilities. As before the blue areas are where ships get built.

What do you think? Good idea bad idea or just something that should not be pursued?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                Here is something I threw together just to show that I am not entirely gone.

It hearkens back to what I was saying about the Homeworld RTS games and my idea for a slightly different ship. This ship is meant to take advantage of the Linking and External Ship Building technologies that were presented in the game Homeworld: Cataclysm.

Spoiler:
                These first images are of a rough version of the Component Frigate when it is by itself. The blue areas have to do with ship construction.

This is seventy component frigates linked together to form a very nearly mothership class vessel with massive construction capabilities. As before the blue areas are where ships get built.

What do you think? Good idea bad idea or just something that should not be pursued?

Personally it doesnt float my boat...

Comment

I quite like the idea.
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

damn sketchup
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGEYdmaoJqE
                    limited in the animation department frickin PSONE graphics...
                    i think i did alright though...
                    Last edited by Alx; 19 September 2009, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Update on my Tauri long range science ship, I have called her the Athena as Athena was the greek god of wisdom. I plan for the ship to have extreamly strong shields to protect on long range missions, while it does have offensive systems its main tools are the vast arrays of sensors allowing the Athena to detect fleet movements and detect weak points in an enemies defence.

I created the vessel with the thought that the Tauri would probably send ships to search through the Ida and Pegasus Galaxies to search for Asgard and Lantean technology.

As ever I have produced exclusive renders for CASF.
                      Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Really liking this design... as i do all your ships....

Been fiddling with the F-303 again.... removed the back two missile racks and the wing cannons... replacing the latter with a radar dome and a comms spire..i've also shifted the tails a bit towards the nose of the ship
                        Spoiler:

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                          Update on my Tauri long range science ship, I have called her the Athena as Athena was the greek god of wisdom. I plan for the ship to have extreamly strong shields to protect on long range missions, while it does have offensive systems its main tools are the vast arrays of sensors allowing the Athena to detect fleet movements and detect weak points in an enemies defence.

I created the vessel with the thought that the Tauri would probably send ships to search through the Ida and Pegasus Galaxies to search for Asgard and Lantean technology.

As ever I have produced exclusive renders for CASF.
                          Spoiler:
                          looks good as allways but i get the feelig that its huge it almost looks to be the size of an Aurora, but looks good!

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          Really liking this design... as i do all your ships....

Been fiddling with the F-303 again.... removed the back two missile racks and the wing cannons... replacing the latter with a radar dome and a comms spire..i've also shifted the tails a bit towards the nose of the ship
                          Spoiler:

I still think it looks very simple and i am a fan of the more complex detail designs that are out here!

Comment

If i'm honest... it's not meant to be a complex design... just something i bashed out over a few hours... then expanded on.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Alx
                              Personally it doesnt float my boat...
                              Oh, do you have any suggestions, or does the entire concept not interest you?

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                              I quite like the idea.
                              Thank you. Do you have any helpful suggestions to improve it?

Comment

Well, the conection's might go smoother with some joining arms on either side (like robotic hydrolic arms) And the blue glow would be better with a sort of pattern in the centre. The actual idea for what it is, is the reason I really like the idea.

After ten minutes of science homework, I decided to try and make a substance that would be good for starship hull surports. The result: Nahquidah/Merc./Iron (merc./iron is already a very strong substance (manganese steel) with Nahquidah melded to the partical structure I thought it might increase strength and flexibilty (smart metals, but smarter) So an impact of heat, would make the metal reform into its original structure.

(I also feel rather, smart arsed )
                                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X