X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    *dies laughing*

does he/she look like one too?

gonna continue on my little ship. the first two arrays of railguns and the two arrays of particle beams are ready. essentially i want to make a new type of earthean ship. from a universe in which we still have to work hard for our victory, one where we never got asgard shields and stuff. everything is naquahdah and naquahdriah based.

What's a Paard?
    Hmmm. that is funny... I just looked it up.
    He says he's hung like one. (jeeez )

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    Thanks.

Yes it's a Sketchup model, Here is proof.

And I do use Lightwave to render after I make changes to the model. Its about a 70:30 ratio.
    I've been looking for hard points on Taur'i ships.
    Rail Guns
    Missile hatches (found those)
    Docking hatches
    Thrusters
    sensors
    Comm arrays

Also, what's with the tower on top of the platform for the daeduls class.
    And for that matter....what is the platform for?

Daedalus Scaling
    Okay: I've done analysis of a scaling of the Daedalus Class Starship posted by Boberth.

Here is the scaling you've been waiting for:

Note: that I used the shots from 'Camelot' but those are comparisons on the ship itself now the ships to other ships. I would think that the FX guys would not mess up the porportions of the ships in the clip, maybe the size, but not the porportions. So these comparisions should be pretty good. Ok below is the new scaling for the ship cuz a guy commented that space suits are one 7ft tall instead of 6ft so.. here are the new dimensions:

Here is the link to my post --------------->Click Me!

And here is the Daedalus compared to the hive scaling:

And another scaling:
    Now if I read him correctly this gentleman says that the vertical front of Daedalus is 16 feet tall based on Sam Carter in a space suit. I trusted this figure. Amanda Tapping is 5'-9" according to the Wiki.

So, if the front of the ship is 16 tall (vertical section only) then the ship (scaled precisely by AutoCAD using an orthographic projection of the Port side) then the ship is 1291.9722 ft long which equals...393.4968 meters long (engine to front of the nose) Including antenae (442.107127 ) meters

Thread Information:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=51749

Using the same Orthographic projection of the Daeduls Port side I looked at the section in where the snap shots show a zoom in of the 2m window and the projection doesn't show that window on the plans.
    Last edited by Saquist; 02 September 2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

right.

what one with carter? Flesh And Blood/Camelot is terribly scaled

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        right.

what one with carter? Flesh And Blood/Camelot is terribly scaled
        In this Thread:

In drafting this is called "Stacking Tolerances"

It works in only perfect conditions like on a computer but in the real work basing one a series (key word is series here) of dimensions like 6ft across a single object will always cause an exagerated number in the end expecially in this case where perspective becomes quite a problem

When Stacking Tolerances or Dimensions it's only acceptable in Three's anything more and the total becomes inflated.

I took the 6 stacked 3 times and immediately went for a reference dimension length wise bow to stern. That cut off an APPARENT 200 meters. One could say there may still be 100 something meters in that tolerance or at least 50m's.

I'll continue to draw more comparisons.
        I really want my ship to be a believable scale that would match and average of the show as is shown.

For the Lachesis Class Battleship:
        1)I decided it will be longer:
        2)There will be no flanking Fighter Bays...Only a small one in the center of the ship.
        3)There will also be no vertical launch tubes on the ship. They will be pointed toward the bow in the places the Fighter bays would be on the Daedalus Class. Fore and Aft So 4 front port side, 4 front starboard side. and similarly so aft

Comment

There's no need for you to go over the scalings again, we've stuck by them for a long time, and they've worked out fine.
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
            What's a Paard?
            Hmmm. that is funny... I just looked it up.
            He says he's hung like one. (jeeez )

I've been looking for hard points on Taur'i ships.
            Rail Guns
            Missile hatches (found those)
            Docking hatches
            Thrusters
            sensors
            Comm arrays

Also, what's with the tower on top of the platform for the daeduls class.
            And for that matter....what is the platform for?

Daedalus Scaling
            Okay: I've done analysis of a scaling of the Daedalus Class Starship posted by Boberth.

Now if I read him correctly this gentleman says that the vertical front of Daedalus is 16 feet tall based on Sam Carter in a space suit. I trusted this figure. Amanda Tapping is 5'-9" according to the Wiki.

So, if the front of the ship is 16 tall (vertical section only) then the ship (scaled precisely by AutoCAD using an orthographic projection of the Port side) then the ship is 1291.9722 ft long which equals...393.4968 meters long (engine to front of the nose) Including antenae (442.107127 ) meters

Thread Information:

Using the same Orthographic projection of the Daedalus Port side I looked at the section in where the snap shots show a zoom in of the 2m window and the projection doesn't show that window on the plans.
            Sam is in a space suit, space suits are 7 ft tall. Someone corrected me on that. And what is the orthographic projection your looking at, a model, someone else's model?
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

saquist good job on the scaling! i had a hunch it would turn out far smaller then most though!

side note up and running againg after a horrible Virus that fried my wee lil puter lost almost all of my 3D models cept a few witch i had backed up on a seperate HD life is very unfair at times....

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                There's no need for you to go over the scalings again, we've stuck by them for a long time, and they've worked out fine.
                Forgive me, I meant no disrespect to the work.

Sam is in a space suit, space suits are 7 ft tall. Someone corrected me on that. And what is the orthographic projection your looking at, a model, someone else's model?
                From what I read space suits are modular and can be adjusted to fit the person inside thus there is no set size.

The image is here:
                http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

if you have a proper orthographic views that are more official I would really appreciate a link.
                Last edited by Saquist; 02 September 2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

RJBs work for sure. Check out Ryans deviantart gallery and you'll find it there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here we go:

http://mallacore.deviantart.com/
                    sigpic

Comment

vis uban large pic!

Spoiler:

Comment

Here's my design for a fighter http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...37&prevstart=0

My wierd name-thing would be Mat'Sa Baad and I don't think I'll name it that.

Comment

Forgive me, I meant no disrespect to the work.

From what I read space suits are modular and can be adjusted to fit the person inside thus there is no set size.

The image is here:
                          http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

if you have a proper orthographic views that are more official I would really appreciate a link.
                          I would not base your scaling on RJB's model. It is not cannon, only the general shape and placement of things are, for example the bridge and communication tower are in the same spot. I don't believe the scaling is going to be accurate with the current Daedalus in the show.

I don't think that there are any orthographic projections of the real ship. That's why I use screen shots of the show to do mine.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

He made it with the specifications of the virtual fleet I beleive.
                            sigpic

Comment

RJBs work for sure. Check out Ryans deviantart gallery and you'll find it there.
                              Beautiful work...
                              He has more than talent. He has a skill and a dedication I rarely see.

I would not base your scaling on RJB's model. It is not cannon, only the general shape and placement of things are, for example the bridge and communication tower are in the same spot. I don't believe the scaling is going to be accurate with the current Daedalus in the show.

I don't think that there are any orthographic projections of the real ship. That's why I use screen shots of the show to do mine.
                              I can certainly understand your point.
                              Yet without a true orthographic projection like his then perspective interferes with the single reference. It is possible though calculate dimensions through width but it requires tedious dedication and matching vanishing points on different pictures.

Comment

I can certainly understand your point.
                                Yet without a true orthographic projection like his then perspective interferes with the single reference. It is possible though calculate dimensions through width but it requires tedious dedication and matching vanishing points on different pictures.
                                Yeah, I'm not going to take that time lol.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X