Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll know when its one of mine because i always manage to put an armoured spine on it for some reason still, modeling develops easily enough, i had my own style at first then watched a few tips and tricks vids on youtube. I found out that the scale tool is great for freestyle modeling of robots, gives it a nice round look.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
      You'll know when its one of mine because i always manage to put an armoured spine on it for some reason still, modeling develops easily enough, i had my own style at first then watched a few tips and tricks vids on youtube. I found out that the scale tool is great for freestyle modeling of robots, gives it a nice round look.
      Good to know m8!'

Anyways any intrest in early interiors?

Comment

I sorted out the lighting! yay! new sig here I come.

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
          I sorted out the lighting! yay! new sig here I come.

Spoiler:
          Signature?
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

read what it says. I'm going to cut it down in the next render and make it my sig.

Accidentally zoomed in on this and got a great render:

Spoiler:

Isn't it wonderful when you make a good mistake?
            sigpic

Comment

A little something I've cooked up, BTW weapons are INCREDIBLY HARD! Do not try them!!!! It has 18 HV Particle Emitters and 43 Null Objects. I haven't even gotten to shielding or the other half of the explosions! AHHHHHH. . . . . . . . . And it's only Four Ships!!!! BAH!

Well, What do you think?

Spoiler:
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                A little something I've cooked up, BTW weapons are INCREDIBLY HARD! Do not try them!!!! It has 18 HV Particle Emitters and 43 Null Objects. I haven't even gotten to shielding or the other half of the explosions! AHHHHHH. . . . . . . . . And it's only Four Ships!!!! BAH!

Well, What do you think?

Spoiler:
                looks great, but the railgun fire seems a bit of... in the show they usually fire in bursts, if i'm not mistaken. and the slugs shouldn't be so perfectly aligned... otherwise great
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Originally posted by IMDB
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

why shouldnt they be perfectly aligned?

Comment

They are perdectly aligned, but i think he's saying they should be longer and more like a burst. What render program do you use? and you use SU for the models right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Very nice scene bob.

Now add a space background with a planet in the back and it makes a perfect scene.

Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        why shouldnt they be perfectly aligned?
                        what i meant was, they shouldn't go in such a straight line. that, unless the captain of the ship uses the, in sg-verse, commonly accepted "sit still and get bashed" tactic
                        If the ship was moving, then there should be a curve to the line of slugs.
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                        Hehe

Comment

its commonly practised, but I don't think fans accept the manoeuvre for it is utterly idiotic!

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                            its commonly practised, but I don't think fans accept the manoeuvre for it is utterly idiotic!
                            well, the captains don't care what the fans think! they like it!
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Hehe

Comment

Its so the gun operators have a good shot when it matters. They fly around crazy now because of an APBW's high power and good accuracy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                                looks great, but the rail gun fire seems a bit of... in the show they usually fire in bursts, if i'm not mistaken. and the slugs shouldn't be so perfectly aligned... otherwise great
                                I haven't figured out how to make the shots fire in bursts yet.

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                                They are perfectly aligned, but i think he's saying they should be longer and more like a burst. What render program do you use? and you use SU for the models right?
                                Um, the Typhon and The ISS are designed in SU and the Cruiser was designed in Lightwave by RionE18.

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                                Very nice scene bob.

Now add a space background with a planet in the back and it makes a perfect scene.

Thanks, that's going to happen sometimes, I think. . . .

I'm still adding and editing things, I think the railgun fire should be closer together the farther away from the ship it gets, gonna fix that. And I added more explosions to the ISS with debris, and more Cruiser fire. I added the Morpheus and it is going to and have railgun fire and heavy cannon fire. I'm going to add shielding technology to the Morpheus but that area it hazy at the moment because it's really difficult. For the most part that it.

Hopefully it'll turn out good.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X