This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not bad....

My irritating short attention span has resulted in a new ship......

Spoiler:

It's job? No real clue obviously it's a tiny thing....With the fact i'm rebuilding the Piranha class to be an independent ship (Rather than a support ship)... probably have this take it's place.

Crew- 5
    Weapons-
    12 Mk II rail guns
    2 fixed Gatling-style rail guns
    8 Missiles
    2 ion thrusters
    Asgard Sheild emitters
    Short range communications
    Long and short range sensors

If i'm lucky i can get this thing finished today..... before my attention span wanders to something else

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

lol, im trying to texture my big fat ship, but it takes a while, lolz, ive put to much detail in it I am afraid (not that I am done yet)

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

And I've got most speciallised things still on my other comp, only have an older model here.....

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
          lol, im trying to texture my big fat ship, but it takes a while, lolz, ive put to much detail in it I am afraid (not that I am done yet)
          the exact reason why i like to build smaller ships

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
            the exact reason why i like to build smaller ships
            And I just wanted to make a bag fat preposterous ship.

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

Ok with all files I missed now safely on my new computer I can start to get the model ready for texturing

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

components help a lot when texturing...
                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                sigpic

Comment

I am using components, (well, some)

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

Helps a ton for me. half head, half head, half neck, half body, half armour and wing are the major components that The Aria is made up of. Each plate of armour on the neck spine is a component, each rador disk is a component, each turret is a component. Basically everything is a component on the ship.That's how i textured it so easily.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Hopefully it wont lag too much. Its supposed to be a unique ship. And there are limits I barely meet. The whole ship plus turrets is 9950 Triangles the game's limit is 10,000 Triangles. The Textures for the ship are pretty small like 3MB for the two doranda guns, 768KB for the 8 Cannons and for the ship its 12MB May have to optimize the textures some more. We will see how laggy it is in game. Though I think the game would cry if you had 10 of these on screen! Going to limit to just 1 though.

Total armaments for the game is:
                      29 Drone Ports. Each fires like 33 Drones and has 4000 Ammo.
                      8 Heavy cannons.
                      Two Doranda guns Which I will set so it can fire almost continuously.
                      Two Laser Cannons. (In the pictures it is where you see the red glowing thing in the arms.)

And I fixed one image in my previous post.

Comment

Help needed, re: my ships!
                        Guys, I'm in desperate need of assistance. I've downloaded the SketchUp 7 and whilst it does look relatively easy to use, my time is drastically restricted. (Up at 4am, start work at 6am, finish at 5:30 pm, home at 6:30pm, shower, have dinner, fall asleep and start over, 5 days a week. Then again on Saturday until 12 midday, shopping with wife, home late, dinner, fall asleep...rest on Sunday)
                        What I am proposing is this. I've noticed on the ScetchUp, that it accepts DXF files and I imagine that most of the Drawing software you all use will do the same. Whilst I can do the 2D drawings quite easily, the 3D stuff is going to take a long while. If anyone is willing to help, I can transmit my 2D DXF line drawings to you, you convert them into your beautiful 3D's and take all the merits, just so long as I can use the drawings in other projects, with your name on it. Any takers, I'd be so grateful.
                        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          I like the stowaway in the rear... though i'm not sure there's enough room for it to get in and out easily
                          sorry for the late response, ill at the mo.

could just be the angle, there is quite a bit of room under there. There is a hanger for the bomber to be held, that deck is just to launch from, obv it uses the tractor tech to guide it in and out just like the fighter carrier.

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                          I hope those exterior runways are retractable, because if I was your enemy, I'd target them first, even in a space battle. Plus they make a nice place to land a boarding party, beautiful design though.
                          Just a little tactical wisdom from an old guy. Think about it.
                          Good work, wish I could do as well.
                          The decks are protected by shields and railguns, as well as the ships fighters. I understand what you are saying but in space if the shields are gone the ship is pretty screwed anyway. The positive aspect to exposed decks is it will be kept clean, before a launch just vacuum the deck by dropping the flight deck shield.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                            there is a little recovery run on the top but i want this carrier to be more heavily armed than my fighter carrier so i plan to put weapons there.
                            Couldn't those go on the sides?

Comment

Ok this is to give an impression of the size, for the record the Blitzkrieg class destroyer is 100m long. (the textured ship)

Spoiler:

The tarmac you see is the surface area of a fighter bay, this ship is meant to have much fighters in it. The ship is also meant to pack a punch.

As for fighter defence I have not yet put railguns in place to defend the fighters

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

Dude, that's a frigate if its 100m. Destroyers are the bigger attack class, and battleships are one up from that. Its the same with patrol ships, cruisers and battle cruisers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X