Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've started a bit of paneling now. Just a little bit though, nothing extreme. Made the details a bit more detailed as well.

Spoiler:

Here's an update on the body:

Spoiler:

Any advice on how to improve my detailing would be nice.

Experiment four, four, two.
    Last edited by Experiment 442; 02 August 2009, 06:09 AM.
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post

Not on the detail itself which I think looks fine so far but on doing detail as a whole. Here is my advice. First off make sure you keep a constant size for your detail across the whole model. If areas start to get smaller or larger compared to others it makes the model look silly and ruins the feeling of scale. My second point of advice is to save any small mechanical part. On a large mesh it is nice to have reusable parts.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

thanks, i already use some parts again, just getting them together on an entirely new project takes up a bit of time...
        sigpic

Comment

Erm... dunno if this counts, as it's not actually a ship , but i've been fiddling with a small 2man vehicle on and off for a while now.....

Spoiler:

Stats-
          Spoiler:
          Driver
          Gunner
          Each wheel is equipped with a small Naquadah engine built into the wheel, thereby creating more space in the vehicle.

The main idea behind this was to create a small vehicle to back-up SG-teams that could also fit through the gate.

Also gotta add that i didn't create the wheels......

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I like it. But, if the wheels get hit with something very hot and somewhat explosive... there might be a small explosion. At least it has spares
            sigpic

Comment

Update on my combat carrier, done a few changes it has the energy weapons on the front of the pods and the head of the ship. The top offensive rail guns rotate to either side in combat.

Spoiler:

Smaller triple rail guns are placed along the flight deck to defend from intrusion.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Well, after spending a few minutes on SFM, i found this.

The models that were used in the show as well as their scales. The scales are really off due to camera angles and to get the proper effect ect ect...

I didn't realise that there was so much detail on these ships.
                sigpic

Comment

I've started a bit of paneling now. Just a little bit though, nothing extreme. Made the details a bit more detailed as well.

Looks fine Exper, though some of the mechanical detail appears to be out of scale to the overall dimensions of the ship. Most of that stuff would be minute, when compared to the actual ship size. Have a close look at say a picture of "Daedalus".

Spoiler:
                  [IMG][/IMG]

My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                  sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

it is minute though, i'm doing this by the book, literally (its my book), and i've put loads of writing detail to those cannon things at the front, so i've got instructions they are tiny though, but compared to a human, they're rather large.
                    sigpic

Comment

The cannons are fine Exper, it's the piping etc', that I was indicating, unless you are using it for redirecting waste propulsion energy, you would need to make it just a little smaller.
                      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

The cannons are huge, the swab of black on top of them is the detailing, it really isn't that big
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Here's an update on the body:

Spoiler:

Dude that detail looks great.
                          It looks like AutoCAD.

Comment

... Its google SketchUp 7 (SU for short)...

Thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

remove the yellow, remove some of the piping, and add.... armor. like the Deadalus has, these panel thingies. simple and easy and makes it look tougher.

Comment

... Its google SketchUp 7 (SU for short)...

Thanks.
                                Is that Freeware?

P.S
                                I agree with the above about removing the piping.

Comment

Working...
                                X