Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy was I excited to discover this thread. I've been trying to get in for hours, every time I clicked on the thread link, black screen for ages. Now I'm in and it's great to see some real talent. Maybe one of you could help me. I have a couple of designs I've been working on, but they're only in 2D. I'm hopeless with 3D, at my age I just don't seem to have the patience for it. So if anyone is willing to convert my stuff into the beautiful renders I've seen here, I'd be over the moon. Here's a couple of veiws:

Thanks in advance for any helpers
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
      Oh boy was I excited to discover this thread. I've been trying to get in for hours, every time I clicked on the thread link, black screen for ages. Now I'm in and it's great to see some real talent. Maybe one of you could help me. I have a couple of designs I've been working on, but they're only in 2D. I'm hopeless with 3D, at my age I just don't seem to have the patience for it. So if anyone is willing to convert my stuff into the beautiful renders I've seen here, I'd be over the moon. Here's a couple of veiws:

Thanks in advance for any helpers
      The joke in your signature is very crude but hilarious!
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

first of all put some spoiler tags around that image block.

Have you tried sketchup?

Sketchup is very easy to use, just start with a block and cut into it.

-------

Nice to see you around Bob.

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Merlin1701;10397415]first of all put some spoiler tags around that image block.

Have you tried sketchup?

Sketchup is very easy to use, just start with a block and cut into it.

Thanks Merlin, I'll have a look at it. Though I'd hate to have to start all over again, took me ages to do those. I created them on a CAD software we use at work, it's only a cheapie, because it's used solely for lathe toolpath profiles, so there is no 3D package with it. I only get time to do my drawings, when there's a long run on the CNC lathe. I just thought there might be a quick way to convert existing 2D, into 3D's, I've tried googling, but not much luck I'm afraid. Though if anyone out there has a good CAD software, I can send DXF's.
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

At the moment you've got concept design. Then you put it into 3D. Do low detailed drawings at first, i start with doodles then clean up the lines and it looks alright, i made the Aria with a doodle i did in maths

As merlin has said, could you please put the block of pictures into spoiler tags, the '!' button.
            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
            sigpic

Comment

sketchup is easy beyond belief. though it's somewhat limited, your style is most certainly possible. in an hours work you have a ship, put some more in and you have a detailled cool ship.

start off simple

Comment

I started with a turret. Then moved onto a car, didn't go too good though, so i watched some toutorials. (Killman, yes you didn't watch any.)
                sigpic

Comment

I only watched the first one and got bored, then I just started to mess arround, wors good though

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

it does help you out a lot. I've been able to do loads that i couldn't before.
                    sigpic

Comment

I didnt watch any tutorials for sketchup and thats why my cargoship and bomber took so long as i created every aspect from scratch...thank the gods for copy, paste!

edit: Instead of creating a new post will just edit this one...

here is an early idea for a battle carrier

Spoiler:
                      Last edited by Merlin1701; 16 July 2009, 03:42 AM.

sigpic

Comment

It looks like a ship from BSG for some reason.
                        sigpic

Comment

It does but will look tauri when i finish...could be that I started watching my BSG boxset again. I had a break from watching it after the whole introduction of the pegasus, which i felt could have been better. I'm glad I got back to it, just watched exodus part 1 and 2. I thought it was really good, would be nice to see diffrent battlestars in the series.

If this new series, Caprica is set before the war will we see more battlestars?

sigpic

Comment

I only got into it when it ended.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is the first time im watching it. I bought the complete boxset including razor...well kind of complete the end is on the new release last part of season 4.

sigpic

Comment

Razor is a great film!

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Working...
                                X