Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGC Earth's Defense Commander - your sig looks more than 200px high and should you give credit to alnair for the achilles image?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
      SGC Earth's Defense Commander - your sig looks more than 200px high and should you give credit to alnair for the achilles image?
      i never knew there was sig size and who's alnair
      i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
      i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
      Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

Comment

alnair is the designer of the Achilles

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Like locutes said Alnair is the creator of the Achilles vessel in your image. He has also produced other ships like the new Achilles and Ajax.

the sig size is 700px wide and 200px high...

found this to help you...
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....50&postcount=1
          Last edited by Merlin1701; 06 July 2009, 03:07 AM.

sigpic

Comment

i haven't stated i crated the Achilles i just stated that made the line art

and thew size I'm gonna re size that now
            i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
            i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
            Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

Comment

Originally posted by SGC Earth's Defense Commander View Post
              well the best 3d software you can get is 3Dmax
              cost about $3500 back pocket change
              I've used in the past both Max and Maya and ended up sticking with Lightwave which comes in at around $1000. It's just as good as any of the others and better in some ways due to the node system for texturing and the number of plug-ins a person can get.

Max for me has always seemed to be geared towards game modeling while Lightwave and maya seem to be used more in TV and movies. A lot of TV models are done in lightwave, finished in maya and then animated in maya.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I was bored of working on my Uni project so I made some space mines..

Spoiler:

Comment

dude, those are awesome

but what's up with the lighting? you can see the light reflection and the shadows on the same side of the mine...

EDIT: after a closer look, it looks right.
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by IMDB
                  Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                  Hehe

Comment

Aren't they conkers with a paint job?
                    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                    sigpic

Comment

I like to think I put a little more work into them than that...
                      Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 06 July 2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

They look like spiky walnuts.

Comment

I like those but i am allergic to walnuts

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Here's an update on what i'm doing modeling wise:

Spoiler:
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

I think more conker shell than walnut-like. I like the shiny metallic finish, makes them look starwars-y

sigpic

Comment

Haven't posted anything in this thread scene wise for awhile so here is a quick render.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Working...
                                X