Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are you trying to say all the guns can get the same damage just in different amounts of time
    Last edited by SGC Earth's Defense Commander; 03 July 2009, 08:54 AM.
    i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
    i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
    Spoiler:

done by me took hours then forgot to add weapons so its not finished

feel free to use I'd love to see colored in version

Comment

i am saying his gun figures are messed up.

some fire faster than the succeeding, some do more damage than the succeeding. the supposedly most powerfull weapon does the least damage. the preceding gun does the same damage in 10 seconds, meaning it does rougly 12x more damage in the same time

Comment

-Mark I: The most common missile on small craft.
        It is small, agile and fast. The perfect weapon for mass weak point targeting. It is harder intercept because of random movements before impact.
        --Damage = 1 GT
        --Speed of missile = mach 2
        --Explosion orb = 50m
        --Resulting shockwave = 400m

-Mark II: Most common of all missiles in use in the Tridon fleet. Perfect for destruction of wraith ships it disintegrates hull with a powerful orb of energy. But is easy to intercept.
        --Damage = 5 GT
        --Speed of missile = mach 1
        --Explosion orb = 250m
        --Resulting shockwave = 2km

-Mark III: Used on destroyers and large battle ships. Designed to penetrate hull and explode on the inside. Not as agile as the mark I or II, but defiantly the most destructive. It is hard to intercept and is only used if needed.
        --Damage = 20 GT
        --Speed of missile = mach 9
        --Explosion orb = 1km
        --Resulting shockwave = 8km
        tsar bomba, 50MT, shockwave went 3x around the earth and still was detectable.

Comment

Amour comes in the form of high impact plating. One meter can survive 250MTs of force before giving way. Layering the armour gives it much more strength, but is only on large ships with power generation over the Mark III sub space tap. It sends out a shock of electricity catching the energy directed at it and relieving the blow. Each impact does make damage, but it is softened. When armour is breached, armour stops for fear of feedback loop.
          250MT is superoverkill. and unnessecary. plasma weapons, though given an energy figure, do not resemble nukes. its easier to stop a 100mt plasma bolt than a 100MT nuke.

your armor is called Ablative Armor. its made via two plates, each with a different charge. by putting on power you create a capacitor which stores energy. when the plate is destroyed by a plasma bolt or whatever, the energy is released in a small explosion stopping the attacking force. its like explosive reactive armor, but smarter and more controllable.

chemical maneuvering thrusters is idiotic, if you have advanced ion drives to the point where they can move entire ships, it would be used as maneuvering thrusters aswell, mainly due to the massively higher efficiency

Tridon sensors are very good. They can repel other sensors to read only things they want read. They are also powerful. The thirty systems in use of the Tridon Empire are all ‘cloaked’ by these sensors. They are also advanced enough to tell if an incoming ship is wraith, then as soon as the wraith ship exits hyperspace the defences of the system are ready to fire.

There is one problem. Once a sensor relay is destroyed, all defence turrets must be controlled manually, whereas if the sensors were up, the turrets would automatically open fire on hostile ships. If an unknown ship is about to enter the system the human authorities are warned of it and when it does exit hyperspace it is scanned then hailed. If it is found to be hostile, the ship’s signature is painted red by all defences in the Tridon Empire.
          first is impossible

second is stupid. a simple sensor array on a turret works best. all turrets link together to make a sensor array. this wouldnt be very advanced in the sense that it cant detect across all spectra, but it works against ships. besides, each ship and station has to have its own main sensors, and link all sensors in a star system and its redundant enough to be able to loose a few sensor relays
          Last edited by thekillman; 03 July 2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

i'm starting the design of the Barclay's defense ship should be done by tomorrow
            i draw StarGate ships I'm not perfect at them, then nothing's perfect well StarGate is

I will do request cause I'm nice, i have an obsession with drawing Ori Mother Ships don't know why

Spoiler:
            i'm writing my own Stagate series, its called star gate Achilles its a a galaxy based with the highly technology advanced replicator-humans with atlanten and Asgards technology 2 of the most power ships and a fleet of C-305's are in bound to find out if there is an live this galaxy but what will heppen will be massive shock to the tau-ri

x-304 line art
            Spoiler:

Comment

This is why i posted here before going ahead with final designs. Thanks for the help Killman. As to the ST's power output:

Spoiler:
              I have no idea yet. Just to get things into perpective.
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

My question is why do fan ships have NIGs; which i assume is a neutrino ion generator from the Asgard. After all the huge advanced belisinker had only three. They take up large amounts of internal space so smaller ships should not really have them IMO.

sigpic

Comment

beliskner was outdated a few thousand years.

Comment

Killman, anything else to add, i really need constructive critsism about this before i keep making these mistakes.
                    sigpic

Comment

i just gave you a ton.

i dont get the star ranking system.

as i said, missiles are Fcked up. but Ablative armor got me to think. any chance that a naquahdah superconductive capacitor could store sufficient energy to act as a powerfull bomb?

also, consider hafnium bombs. look up wikipedia to see why

Comment

Ok, thanks. I was just asking if there was anything else. I've got a lot of thinking to do about this...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm not exactly interested in making specs or a backstory for this ship. But I love making ships.
                          Spoiler:

Let's see here though: There's 4 forward-mounted missile batteries.
                          D-301 Stands for Destroyer-301.
                          There's 2 primary f-302 hangars, and a forward hangar.

by commander of the uss capricorn

Comment

here's what I've done with the Barclay's class defense ship

its not in 3-d don't have the software

it was done in gimp

Spoiler:
                            Last edited by SGC Earth's Defense Commander; 04 July 2009, 09:21 AM.

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                            Spoiler:

Comment

damn looks good.

Comment

nice i like the desing dose look smaller than the x-303 but is still very good

also is there any free 3d software as i can't find any

Spoiler:

x-304 line art
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X