This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    Incredible detail on the second ship Acidbuk, where did you get all the contrsuction details?
    I have a few mates that work in Aerospace Design; and a few who are Blue Water Navy Ship Enthuiasts and design future ships for the Royal Navy purely for fun, and I'm a bit of an Aerospace nut myself so I just applied what I know really, its pretty amazing how much stuff you pick up when you have mates that talk shop when you get together.

I had to remove an entire section of the History though about how the US tried to screw the program promising the French advanced tech if they pulled there reactors, and a trim down some of the more elegantly writen parts and a section on the future plans for the class to conserve space. that acutally a short write up for me; I did a 13 page brief on a fictional future fighter as a pet project once
    sigpic

Comment

Eurofighter F-302.

Name: Heoroth.
      Type: European Space Fighter

Users: Tau'ri(europeans)

Length:
      Beam:
      Height:

-same as f-302

Hull: Carbonfibre/aluminium Energy Dispension Skin

Capacity:
      ~Pilot
      ~Gunner

Powerplant:
      ~2x Nuclear Battery.

Propulsion:
      2x SCRAMjet[alien enhanced, using lasers/microwave to heat up the air]
      2x VAASIMIR drive

Armament:
      ~2x 20mm Tri-Barrel Railgun Turret, automated/gunner controlled.
      ~1x 30mm six-Barrel Railgun
      ~14x MBDA Meteor (BVRAAM) [sensors array in the nose, homing]
      [16 when in space]
      ~1x 2MT Nuclear Missile

Additional Technology and Information:
      ~ Sensor Array
      ~ Subspace Communications
      ~ Subspace Locater Beacon

The Eurofighter F-302 features a cockpit without any conventional instruments. It includes: three full colour Multi-function Head Down Displays (MHDDs) (the formats on which are manipulated by means of softkeys, XY cursor and voice (DVI) command), a wide angle Heads Up Display (HUD) with Forward Looking Infra Red (FLIR), Voice & Hands On Throttle And Stick (Voice+HOTAS), Helmet Mounted Symbology System (HMSS), Multifunction Information Distribution System (MIDS), a Manual Data Entry Facility (MDEF) located on the left glareshield and a fully integrated aircraft warning system with a Dedicated Warnings Panel (DWP). Reversionary flying instruments, lit by LEDs, are located under a hinged right glareshield.[73]

The pilot flies the aircraft by means of a centre stick and left hand throttles.

The F-302's DVI system utilises a Speech Recognition Module (SRM). DVI provides the pilot with an additional natural mode of command and control over approximately 26 non-critical cockpit functions, to reduce pilot workload, improve aircraft safety, and expand mission capabilities.

The DVI system is speaker-dependent, i.e. requires each pilot to create a template. It is not used for any safety-critical or weapon-critical tasks, such as weapon release or lowering of the undercarriage, but is used for a wide range of other cockpit functions. Voice commands are confirmed by visual or aural feedback. The system is seen as a major design feature in the reduction of pilot workload and even allows the pilot to assign targets to himself with two simple voice commands, or to any of his wingmen with only five commands.

the Eurofighter variant mainly uses european technology. it is built in almost all member nations, each supplying parts. a beam sattelite in geosynchronous orbit over the atlantic ocean allows america to beam over certain key parts for the Europa Battleship, and the Eurofighter F-302, also known as EF-302. its better armed than the american version, houses different technologies, and is made for efficiency: its not dependant on fuel, and thus doesnt need refuelling. its skin is a layer of carbonfibres and polymers, while the upper layer is aluminium, combined with several other metals. if it is hit, part of the energy is absorbed, allowing the Eurofighter to survive atleast one shot. annother new thing is its VAASIMIR drive, replacing the Booster, and the aerospikes. even though the SCRAMJETS are useless in space, in the atmosphere its inertial dampeners allow cruise speeds of mach 8, to a top speed of mach 10, leaving the relatively slow F-302's far behind. its VAASIMIR drive allows more speed in space, while its Meteors take down enemy fighters really fast. new technologies allow smaller missiles, including a small processor and a small sensor array, making them homing missiles. it can carry more Meteors in space, as there's no air friction, requiring less fuel, allowing a smaller missile.
      finally, it carries one 2MT fusion Nuke, meant for hives. this due to the ineffectiveness of missiles against these ships fired from battelcruisers. a 302 can come much closer, and thus can fire the missile behind the dart shield

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        Eurofighter F-302.

Name: Heoroth.
        Type: European Space Fighter

Users: Tau'ri(europeans)

Length:
        Beam:
        Height:

-same as f-302

Hull: Carbonfibre/aluminium Energy Dispension Skin

Capacity:
        ~Pilot
        ~Gunner

Powerplant:
        ~2x Nuclear Battery.

Propulsion:
        2x SCRAMjet[alien enhanced, using lasers/microwave to heat up the air]
        2x VAASIMIR drive

Armament:
        ~2x 20mm Tri-Barrel Railgun Turret, automated/gunner controlled.
        ~1x 30mm six-Barrel Railgun
        ~14x MBDA Meteor (BVRAAM) [sensors array in the nose, homing]
        [16 when in space]
        ~1x 2MT Nuclear Missile

Additional Technology and Information:
        ~ Sensor Array
        ~ Subspace Communications
        ~ Subspace Locater Beacon

The Eurofighter F-302 features a cockpit without any conventional instruments. It includes: three full colour Multi-function Head Down Displays (MHDDs) (the formats on which are manipulated by means of softkeys, XY cursor and voice (DVI) command), a wide angle Heads Up Display (HUD) with Forward Looking Infra Red (FLIR), Voice & Hands On Throttle And Stick (Voice+HOTAS), Helmet Mounted Symbology System (HMSS), Multifunction Information Distribution System (MIDS), a Manual Data Entry Facility (MDEF) located on the left glareshield and a fully integrated aircraft warning system with a Dedicated Warnings Panel (DWP). Reversionary flying instruments, lit by LEDs, are located under a hinged right glareshield.[73]

The pilot flies the aircraft by means of a centre stick and left hand throttles.

The F-302's DVI system utilises a Speech Recognition Module (SRM). DVI provides the pilot with an additional natural mode of command and control over approximately 26 non-critical cockpit functions, to reduce pilot workload, improve aircraft safety, and expand mission capabilities.

The DVI system is speaker-dependent, i.e. requires each pilot to create a template. It is not used for any safety-critical or weapon-critical tasks, such as weapon release or lowering of the undercarriage, but is used for a wide range of other cockpit functions. Voice commands are confirmed by visual or aural feedback. The system is seen as a major design feature in the reduction of pilot workload and even allows the pilot to assign targets to himself with two simple voice commands, or to any of his wingmen with only five commands.

the Eurofighter variant mainly uses european technology. it is built in almost all member nations, each supplying parts. a beam sattelite in geosynchronous orbit over the atlantic ocean allows america to beam over certain key parts for the Europa Battleship, and the Eurofighter F-302, also known as EF-302. its better armed than the american version, houses different technologies, and is made for efficiency: its not dependant on fuel, and thus doesnt need refuelling. its skin is a layer of carbonfibres and polymers, while the upper layer is aluminium, combined with several other metals. if it is hit, part of the energy is absorbed, allowing the Eurofighter to survive atleast one shot. annother new thing is its VAASIMIR drive, replacing the Booster, and the aerospikes. even though the SCRAMJETS are useless in space, in the atmosphere its inertial dampeners allow cruise speeds of mach 8, to a top speed of mach 10, leaving the relatively slow F-302's far behind. its VAASIMIR drive allows more speed in space, while its Meteors take down enemy fighters really fast. new technologies allow smaller missiles, including a small processor and a small sensor array, making them homing missiles. it can carry more Meteors in space, as there's no air friction, requiring less fuel, allowing a smaller missile.
        finally, it carries one 2MT fusion Nuke, meant for hives. this due to the ineffectiveness of missiles against these ships fired from battelcruisers. a 302 can come much closer, and thus can fire the missile behind the dart shield
        I Normally don't do this but I see a few, problems initially with your design, I'm guessing most of your design comes from the Typoon and the JSF? which is fine for HMD and MFD's and I acutally really like the SRM system you have there as it seems a very natural progression, however Scramjets are air-breathing supersonic combustion jets, with no moving parts, they need air moving at hgh speed to compresss and then fuel is injected into the stream and ignited, this gives a really good amount of thrust, but is rather fuel intensive. Rockets have a tank of air that they use along with Liquid Hydrogen to create rocket fuel; but since SCRAMJETs by there very nature need air moving at high speed to work; I doublt they would in space grok?. I'd also like some more information on this VAASIMER Drives if its somethinh you've created, or apropriate links to source, even if its just a theoretical engine.

Secondly - how many hard points does this thing have to load 16 missiles + 2 nukes? assuming your meaning external loads, Aircraft usually have - 2 Wing tip pylons, 4 underwing for missiles etc, 2 either side of the engine ducts usually dedicated to heavy munitions like JDAMS or Cruise missiles, and four max belly hard points (in the case of the SU-30+ and F/A-18s) for smalll bombs like the SDB or 500lb JDAMS. Hardpoints usually carry one or two missiles each depending on there position and weight; the Meteor is not a small missile, infact its around the size of the AIM-54, which specifically needed a belly hardpoint since it was too large to fit on a wing hard point on the F-14, and even if we half it by 50% its still 'bout the size and weight of an AIM-120 which requires a Hardpoint to itself

So - I'd go for - 6 Meteors (Wing/Engine duct mounts), 2 nukes (Belly mounts) , 2 Sidewinders (Wing top mounts) as a more balanced layout, unless your using Sidewinders almost exclusively; then you can get 2 or 3 per hardpoint on there.

EDIT: OH; and for your skin, your best off using Carbonfibre re-enforced Plastic and/or Ti-Ai, since Aluminium on its own isn't great at load bearing Oh and stick wise - side stick and throttle like on the F-16 is generally prefered by pilots and makes aircraft easier for them to control in high G turns ...okay, I'll shut up now >.>
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkie_Gater View Post
          When i posted forgot to add story behind the ship,
          The ship is built in 2050,
          Brief History Before Construction:
          The atlantis expedition has decoded 46% of the Ancient database and have figured out how to build puddle Jumpers, Drones and other technology.
          The SGC, using the asgard core on the Oddyssy were able to create ships using Asgard Technology

In 2045, after a new enemy arrived in the Milky Way from an alternate Reality using a super Quantum Mirror, the Tau'ri started working on a weapon to destroy a whole solar system (cause sun to go supernova)
          after 5 years of working on it, they figured out how to create a bomb that can destroy a star.

Before the construction of this ship, the New Enemy have erradicated 59% of all life in our galaxy, a fleet of these ships were created to be sent into the alternate reality to destroy the enemies and then return to our reality to destroy the Super Quantum Mirror

Oh, and incase somebody thinks this ship is rediculously big and armoured, take a look at other ships in the series e.g. Anubis's Mother ship, Ori Ships.

jonos101: Only needs 8, got strong shields, more offensive than defensive

dboy-2007: you probably couldn'tdo any better
          dude your ship is a fanwank and dboy can make a better ship i have seen it,

but you are new her, take a look on the other ships and see why they call your a fanwank

Comment

Originally posted by Acidbuk View Post
            I have a few mates that work in Aerospace Design; and a few who are Blue Water Navy Ship Enthuiasts and design future ships for the Royal Navy purely for fun, and I'm a bit of an Aerospace nut myself so I just applied what I know really, its pretty amazing how much stuff you pick up when you have mates that talk shop when you get together.

I had to remove an entire section of the History though about how the US tried to screw the program promising the French advanced tech if they pulled there reactors, and a trim down some of the more elegantly writen parts and a section on the future plans for the class to conserve space. that acutally a short write up for me; I did a 13 page brief on a fictional future fighter as a pet project once
            I would really like to read it.

BTW: I don't supose you can give a lecture on exactly what all the fancy stuff you've just describes actualy is, how it works, and what benefits if has? Beucase i have no idea what "super plastic forming" actually is, and I'd love to find out.

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
            dude your ship is a fanwank and dboy can make a better ship i have seen it,

but you are new her, take a look on the other ships and see why they call your a fanwank
            Fanwank is relative, that ship is rather like a SG power designing an Adnromeda verse ship...possible...technically, but realy unlikelly, say we forget this misundertanding?

edit: IT's actually VASIMR, satnds for Variable..somthign somehting, look it up, some kind of second generation plasma engine.
            Last edited by Crazy Tom; 02 October 2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Variable Specific Impulse Magnetoplasma Rocket.
              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

What I would do for and X305:

Class: Thor
                Designation: X305
                Type: Small Long Range Warship

Ships Of Class-
                Thor: Complete
                Aurora=:Under Construction 5 Months till completion
                Origin: Construction Begins In 3 Months (Following Success of Thor And Aurora)
                Orion: Planning
                Pegasus: Planning
                Merlin: Planning
                Hammond: Planning

Size:
                200mL75mW40mH

Powerplant:

1x Mk12 Naq. Generator

Propulsion:
                2 large Fusion Drives
                3 Small Ion Drives
                Asgard Hyperdrive

Weapons:
                2 Medium Plasma Beam Cannons
                5 Small Pulse Cannons
                8 Computer Linked Railgun Turrets

Defences:
                Asgard shields, 80% of Daedalus Class
                Trinium Armour Plating

Others:
                Beaming Tech
                Rings
                Black Box
                Long range Scanner

History:
                W.I.P

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

like i said, the SCRAMJET is an atmospheric engine. VASIMR [i really thought it was VASIMIR]drive is for space.

scramjet works on laser/ microwave technology [not sure if it would work], so requires no fuel, just power.

i used Typhoon parts. its what i imagine Europe would do: recycle the best existing technologies. goal of the Eurofighter is to kill as much darts as possible. in the atmosphere, it would be terribly fast. [ballistic, like the Darts in The Siege], and in space, it would be fast. even though an F-302 has smoother transition between space and Atmosphere, its slower in both, and requires fuel. the Eurofighter just keeps on going, using the Re-entry speed from space to keep the Scramjets going.

D-boy: some corrections: \

What I would do for and X305:

Class: Thor
                  Designation: X305
                  Type: Small Long Range Warship

Ships Of Class-
                  Thor: Complete
                  Hermiod:Under Construction 5 Months till completion
                  Heimdal: Construction Begins In 3 Months
                  Loki: Planning
                  Odin: Planning

Size:
                  200mL
                  75mW
                  40mH

Powerplant:

1x MkVI Naq. Generator [2x Power of a Capital Mark I]

Propulsion:
                  2 large Fusion Drives
                  3 Small Ion Drives
                  Asgard Hyperdrive[MW-P in 12 Days]

Weapons:
                  2x Asgard Plasma Beam Cannon
                  6x Asgard Pulse Cannon
                  4x VLS Launch System
                  20x 500MT Hypermissiles[300LY range, Naquahdriah Based. Hyperdrive=Warhead]

Defences:
                  Asgard shields[ 170% of deadalus]
                  8x 6-barrel 20mm Computer Linked Railgun Turrets

Others:
                  Beaming Tech
                  Rings
                  Black Box
                  Long range Sensors
                  Cloak

History: First International built ship
                  Last edited by thekillman; 03 October 2008, 01:14 AM.

Comment

well i gotta admit doesnt matter if the specs for the ship are original or redone i still like it. green for both.
                    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Publius Aemilius Aper View Post
                      It's been a while since I've seen a ship thread on here. So anyone who has designs/ideas for battleships, support craft or fighters post them here. Common sense rules apply. I don't want to see anything like this:

"My ship will be 10km long. It can carry 300 Death Stars in it's hangar(or 3 Billion f302s and 500 000 jumpers). It's equiped with 4 million Trinity cannons and 5 Gazillion drones. It's powered by 500 ZPM;s and 5 black holes and 1 Hamster in a threadwheel. It's captained by Captains Kirk,Picard, JAneway, Sisko, Archer, Hunt and Keys. It is also captained by Vin Diesel. It has two A.I.'s-Romie(from Andromeda) and Cortana.
                      It also carries 1 million Spartan II super soldiers, 3 million tanks and 11Billion nukes. It's shields can withstand the combined force of 10 supernovas every second. It's hyperdrive allows it to get to Atlantis from Earth in exactly 0.00004 nanoseconds. ANd naturally it's main weapon can destroy the UNiverse. "

Please in the name of all that is holy,logical and scientific-don't post things like that!I've seen way too many.

ALso I'm thinking more about ships in the near future than say 30 years from now.

yeah this is a good design but the ship is unrelistic the power requirmetns would be huge
                      sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

it would need the arcturus from "road not taken". the arcturus tapping into the metaverse. actually, imagination would be more powerfull.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          it would need the arcturus from "road not taken". the arcturus tapping into the metaverse. actually, imagination would be more powerfull.
                          much more.

Spoiler:

Comment

You do realize that that thing was a mockery, right...?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                              You do realize that that thing was a mockery, right...?
                              *thinks to himself sarcastically*really, i hadnt noticed.

Spoiler:

Comment

Just checking...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X