This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
    What graphics card do you have at the moment?
    How do I find that out?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      How do I find that out?
      I'm assuming you are using Windows.

Go to start > Run and type in "dxdiag" without the quote marks. When the window opens go to the 'display' tab. In the top left of the window should display your graphics card details.
      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Name: SiS 650_650GL_650GX_651

Now anyone wanna tell me what that means?

Comment

Name: SiS 650_650GL_650GX_651

Now anyone wanna tell me what that means?
          are you using windows 2000?

I *think* that SiS 650_650GL_650GX_651 is your AGP, which is the slot where your graphics card would go. Either that or its the on board graphics, not sure which.

What else does it say?

sigpic

Comment

I use XP.

Aproximate total memory: 60 MB
            Last edited by Crazy Tom; 04 April 2008, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I use XP.

Aproximate total memory: 6 MB
              That could be why sketchup ain't working. I would say get a graphics card, but I'd wait for someone else to back-up what I say. In case I'm wrong.

sigpic

Comment

Edited; that's 60MB.

Comment

Edited; that's 60MB.
                  Sketchup only takes up like 31 mbs doesnt it?
                  Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
                    Sketchup only takes up like 31 mbs doesnt it?
                    That's what it says on the Graphic card screen, I have exactly...1.93 GB of RAM.

Comment

You need a 256mb graphics card to run Sketchup properly. But if you intend on upgrading from sketchup get a 512mb graphics card.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                        You need a 256mb graphics card to run Sketchup properly. But if you intend on upgrading from sketchup get a 512mb graphics card.
                        I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

haha all this about computers i've got 197mb ram, a 64 mb graphics card and a 60 gig hard drive lol and I wondered why sketchup was slow. New computer at christmas but 2 gig ram and much beter graphics card.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

I run on 1GB RAM, 256mb Nvidia FX5500 graphics card and sketchup runs slow if I open a file that's more than 12mb big.

Well, i suppose i should post something that's remotely relevant... sooo, i can say i do have a new ship in the making (still), but I'm not posting any renders until its at least 80% complete. I will say its about 700m long, it's a battleship and its called Athena.

sigpic

Comment

Guys, Sketchup is all about processor and ram. Graphics card has only a minor part in the process.

Comment

So... yet again i have another new ship to show off.

As per normal i don't have much in the way of stats for the ship yet apart from the usual stats of Asgard shields, beam transports and hyperdrive.

The lower deck in the nose is a small vehicle bay and a small number of railguns will be attached, probably no more than five or six maximum. Above the vehicle deck is the missile room containing around thirty missiles fired from four seperate horizontal missile tubes

Crew is looking to be made up of 15 ship crew and an additional maximum of 10 vehicle crew members. Ship crews will be rotated in shifts of two, while the vehicle crew members will be split between whatever is currently carried in the bay.
                                Attached Files

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X