X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

progress on 3.0

Comment

i havent even posted on this thread page nor have i commented on your so called "ship" and yet you single me out? wow!!

aint it past your bedtime?
      actually you did, one of two people. so that was pretty easy.

second of all, i'm continuing work on it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
          progress on 3.0
          I like this one more because it's beefier than the others. Your first one and the one on the show look so fragile and so languorous.

Edit: I think your transition from the nose to the wings is too sharp, the real one is more gradual.
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
            I like this one more because it's beefier than the others. Your first one and the one on the show look so fragile and so languorous.

Edit: I think your transition from the nose to the wings is too sharp, the real one is more gradual.
            thanks im glad you like it, and yeah this one is beefier due to me sticking closer to the original design concept and also adding #¤%&load of more detail.

also shape wise.
            the base shape is traced from a top down screenshot view of the model so imo its as accurate as its going to get also perspective plays tricks on the eyes so ill do a top down view of it later.

Comment

thanks im glad you like it, and yeah this one is beefier due to me sticking closer to the original design concept and also adding #¤%&load of more detail.

also shape wise.
              the base shape is traced from a top down screenshot view of the model so imo its as accurate as its going to get also perspective plays tricks on the eyes so ill do a top down view of it later.
              I can't wait to see more detail on it.

I looked up the screenshot and it is an abrupt change. I guess I thought it was curved more because the majority of the camera shots are from the nose so we don't see it.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Anyone want anything cut in half by a beam? I'm kind of in a lull now.
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Anyone want anything cut in half by a beam? I'm kind of in a lull now.
                  slice up the titan and add an explosion

Comment

I can't wait to see more detail on it.

I looked up the screenshot and it is an abrupt change. I guess I thought it was curved more because the majority of the camera shots are from the nose so we don't see it.
                    its getting there doing an export for render now so new pic in a few.

and yeah well i think there is one section that is softer when it meets the back section after a close inspection of several pics but to late for me to add that now but i think im going to tweak that section slightly.

Comment

I was intrigued by this thread and all the wonderful designs you have done. Can you tell me, what is the difference between what you do here, and the CGI they use in the shows?
                      Without the medical corps, there would be no SG teams left

wonderful Signature by my Daughter RogueRanger aka Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by marilynrose View Post
                        I was intrigued by this thread and all the wonderful designs you have done. Can you tell me, what is the difference between what you do here, and the CGI they use in the shows?
                        are you asking me?
                        well the only real difference between the show cgi and what we do is a renderfarm and skills in using the programs.
                        Last edited by Alx; 12 April 2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

3.0 update (again)

Last edited by Alx; 12 April 2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

slice up the titan and add an explosion
                            i'm going to edit your model a bit. Is that ok?

Great Update
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

i'm going to edit your model a bit. Is that ok?

Great Update
                              like ive said before use it as you wish

and thanks! the details are adding up the polys

Comment

Here is another one. For some reason the Titan was overtaken by the wraith but they couldn't control anything except the sub-light and hyper-drive engines. They decided they were going to crash her into a city in Pegasus but it never got there. Comments?
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X