Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quinn, whats the difference with the Celestial Class and the Aurora class other than the zpm reactor?

knowles2, nice designs and congrats!

Teyilia, post a sketch

RJB, you should do what stargate does. For the black part of the hyperspace, have stars show through.

like this:
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
      Quinn, whats the difference with the Celestial Class and the Aurora class other than the zpm reactor?

knowles2, nice designs and congrats!

Teyilia, post a sketch

RJB, you should do what stargate does. For the black part of the hyperspace, have stars show through.

like this:
      Design, crew, size, speed.
      Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Quinn, what software are you using for the screenshots? I'm lousy when it vcomes to drawing something like that, but then I try

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Well normally I do but I was in a bit of a rush and must have forgot to put my star map into the background channel but it's a small thing so I'll just let it be since it take a while to render that scene.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
          Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Here's some progress with my rail cannon project: (thanks Mike for the name )

http://koti.mbnet.fi/semmer/Roipetta/PD%20turret2.jpg

I did some animating with the cannon too. Feel free to check it out:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/semmer/Roipetta...firing%201.avi (4,8MB)

Comment

great cannon, but the vid dosent wok(im on a MAc)
              the Excalibur looks fantastic, one of the besti have ever scene
              Originally posted by cowpants
              ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Rosilin for pres

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                Well I had some free time so I did a re-render of my hyperspace scene (since I re-textured the ship) and a simple scene of the USAF Excalibur hiding in a asteroid belt.
                Enjoy.
                Dude that ship is soooo good! It's good enough to be in the show!

Semmer cool gun
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

There is some nice stuff coming from you guys. The Excaibre and the rail gun are both awesome, im really impressed with the both of you, green if i can will be on its way.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Thanks guys. Right now I'm working on a scene for my USAF Ares with two of them sitting in the corona of a star. It's about 75% ready, just have some playing around to make the sun look right.

ps. I looked at your video Semmer and the turret looks like a real solid design.
                    Keep up the good work.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

SC-117 Colonial Support Cruiser
                      The SC-117 is designed as a support crusier, accompanying either Starfighters, Capital Ships, or both into combat. The SC-117s are equipped with a versatile arsenal including offensive nuclear weapons as well as defensive anti-starfighter missiles, making them excellent complimentary ships to any fleet. However, the SC-117 is not exclusivly assigned the role of support. In its own right the SC-117 is a capable starship with both Fighter and Gunship squadrons.

"The Lady Emerald"
                      Type: SC-117 Defensive Support Cruiser/Assault Gunship Hybrid
                      Tech Base: Colonial
                      Length: 750m
                      Crew: Roughly 1,200
                      Capacity: 2,000
                      Power: 1 Colossus-Class Tylium Reactor, 2 Juggernaut-Class Tylium reactors(1 main, 1 backup)

Propulsion
                      4 Outboard Sub-Light Engine Pods
                      2 Main Hull Booster Sub-Light Engine Pods
                      30 Maneuvering Engines(10 clusters of 3 thrusters)
                      x0.75 FTL 'Jump' Drive
                      x2 FTL 'Jump' Drive(Backup)

Hull
                      Trinium Plating Reinforced With Steel Skeletal system

Weapons
                      -Offensive-
                      6 Frontal Double-Barreled Antiship Cannons(Main Weapon) firing Adamantium Core Armor Piercing Rounds
                      18 Missile bays each equipped with two T.S.M. 'Arachnid'-Class Adamantium tipped missiles
                      6 Missile Tubes equipped with Tylium Augmented Brute-Class Nuclear Missiles
                      1 XM-06 'Spartan' Experimental Directed Energy Weapon(Laser)
                      -Defensive-
                      14 Double-Barreled Point-Defense Burst Gauss Turrets firing High-Explosive Flak Rounds or Adamantium Core AP rounds
                      24 Missile bays containing A.S.W. 'Talon'-Class Anti-Starfighter Missiles

Hangar
                      2 squadrons of 12 ASF-87 fighters
                      2 squadrons of 6 HGS-95 gun ships
                      8 GPDS-2 'Pelican Mk. II' Drop ships
                      8 HBE-25 'Komodo' Exo-Skeleton Suits
                      4 M12 L.R.V. 'Warthog' Vehicles

Armory/Accessories
                      35 M-87A1 Modular Assault Rifles(7.62x51mm)
                      28 M12 Pump-Action Shotguns(12 Gauge)
                      38 TAP-5 Sub Machine Guns(9x19mm)
                      12 M-83 Magazine Fed Bolt Action Sniper Rifles(12.7x99mm)
                      20 P-249 Machine Guns(9.5x40mm)
                      60 Mk.99 Semi-Autmoatic Pistols(9x19mm)
                      20 DRS-40 Personal Rail Gun(40x46mm)
                      600 'Spyder' Protein-Polymer Body Armor Sets
                      450 Ares Protein-Polymer Helmets with build in Smartlink Targeting Systems, Image Link, Land Warrior, and Full AR(Augmented Reality) Capabilitys
                      700 Erika 'Elite' Commlinks
                      150 Transys 'TruSite' Glasses with Full AR Capabilitys
                      150 Pairs of AR Interaction Gloves

Standard Tech
                      DRADIS Scanners
                      Augmented Reality(AR) Ready
                      Life Support System
                      Artificial Gravity Generators
                      Last edited by youngtusk87; 28 May 2007, 03:46 PM.
                      "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

I'm not very good at adrawing a starship on just plain paper, nor will my computer run any type of 3D modeling software that I can use, what kind of 3D software are you using Semmer?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

awesome vid. semmer

Its almost exactly how I pictured it firing.

Now you need to add energy blasts and camera shakes to it and you got yourself an excellent piece of work there.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Thanks guys!

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                            I'm not very good at adrawing a starship on just plain paper, nor will my computer run any type of 3D modeling software that I can use, what kind of 3D software are you using Semmer?
                            I'd suggest you start with SKetchup as I did. It's the best program for those who want to start 3D modelling.

awesome vid. semmer

Its almost exactly how I pictured it firing.

Now you need to add energy blasts and camera shakes to it and you got yourself an excellent piece of work there.
                            That's the next thing on my list. I think that animation was a bit too slow, so I intend to increase firing fequency just a little bit.

Comment

Two Ares class ship wait for an enemy fleet to appear masked by the interference created by a stars corona. (this is my first time trying to make a star so I know its far from the best.)

Comment

Class: Hephaestos
                                Type: All Purpose Transport (APT)
                                Model Number: 319
                                Armament:
                                5 Mark-1 Railguns
                                Defenses:
                                Asgard Type I shielding
                                Capacity:
                                2 crewers
                                1 command personel
                                10 passengers
                                Propulsion:
                                2 Class I Sublight Engines
                                1 Mark I Naquadria Hyperdrive
                                4+ Sublight Manuvering Thrusters (SMTs)
                                Additional Information:
                                Asgard beaming platform
                                1 Ring Station
                                Asgard Type I Sensor Array

Ships Of This Class
                                SCS Hephaestos (319-01)
                                SCS Tollana (319-02)
                                SCS Jupiter (319-03)

Historical File: APT-319
                                The Hephaestos Class ship is an analog of the Goa'uld Tel'tak. It is similar in size, but with a rounded rectangular shape reminiscent of a large Puddle-Jumper. The 319 is a base form, and can be easily modified to transport insertion teams, WMDs, and medical personnel.
                                End File
                                Last edited by Lt. Col. Mcoy; 29 May 2007, 08:19 AM.
                                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                                X