• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And truly, a good one!
    __

__

Comment

I've always liked the mummy...even though he was crosseyed. After that, I like the spinning Stargate credits. I don't know when it was broadcast, but I think it's on the first and second episodes of the Season 6 DVDs, then they go to the clip opener.

I also agree with Ugly Pig about the pyramid. Cool effects shot, but the pyramid was in the movie, so that makes it a spoiler of sorts!
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
        I also agree with Ugly Pig about the pyramid. Cool effects shot, but the pyramid was in the movie, so that makes it a spoiler of sorts!
        Yeah, that's another part of my problem with them putting the pyramid in the opening. If you happened to miss that episode and went on to watch later episodes, you'd get that moment spoiled. Now, of course later episodes can't "keep quiet" about events from earlier ones - there has to be continuity after all - but actually showing it in the opening for every episode is a bit much. Kind of takes away the, uh, "special-ness" of that scene.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          Now, of course later episodes can't "keep quiet" about events from earlier ones - there has to be continuity after all - but actually showing it in the opening for every episode is a bit much. Kind of takes away the, uh, "special-ness" of that scene.
          I agree...it was just such a pivotal moment in the series. I'm otherwise happy with the credits from Season 6/7 (especially after they replaced sarcophagus-Jack with pig-killing Jack ), but I'm sure they'll add new stuff this year. The pilot for Atlantis probably won't have any clips in it until after the pilot airs.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

I'm otherwise happy with the credits from Season 6/7 (especially after they replaced sarcophagus-Jack with pig-killing Jack ),
            The pig wasn't killed! He's alive I tell you, alive!
            The pilot for Atlantis probably won't have any clips in it until after the pilot airs.
            I believe the opening of the pilot consists of shots of the Antarctic (or what is supposed to be the Antarctic, anyway)... I'm thinking later episodes will probably have a montage of clips like SG-1.

Comment

The pig wasn't killed! He's alive I tell you, alive!
              Okay, okay..."pig-shooting Jack", then?

Comment

Okay, okay..."pig-shooting Jack", then?
                That's better. Now, if only the pig had made it into the opening sequence... Then we'd be talking!

Comment

As long as they don't have the opening sequence they did in Season 4 and 5. Just having thier names on the screen while the camera pans over the Egyptian relic was boring.

Comment

That's better. Now, if only the pig had made it into the opening sequence... Then we'd be talking!
                    Yes, but only if they'd let him dance. The world needs more dancing pigs...with sunglasses, even...don't you think?

BTW, I like the S4/5 panning-across-the-spinning-gate credits that had no clips. Simple, elegant and no cross-eyed pharaoh. Then again, I FFWD over all the credits anyway so really, what do I care?

Comment

Then again, I FFWD over all the credits anyway so really, what do I care?
                      Yeah me too! They just block actual show anyway.

Comment

I have to agree that the egyptian gold thingy was a bit plain and boring. I don't think they'll go back to that, or at least I hope not
                        __

__

Comment

Yeah.. Once I've seen an opening sequence once, I don't really want to watch it again.
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I agree. The repeating ones can get very boring. Good to see a change
                            __

__

Comment

I do! In fact, I like Stargate music in general. Enough so that I've bought all three soundtracks.
                              Three soundtracks? I only know of two. What three are you talking about?

Comment

I know of two. I've got one album and downloaded the TV theme from iTunes!
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X