Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are various pictures from season eight now avaialble. They are looking great. I espically like the look of what Teal'c may be up against in Avatar
    __

__

Comment

I'm so glad to see Lord Yu returning again. That's just great, plus the return of Ba'al is great also

Teal'c, looking good. I though it would be a bit more afro style! lol Just enough, good going!
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        There both of the 'asian' race, , hahah, jk jk... I am also wondering...
        Would be funny if Lord Yu said to SG-1, "I'd like you to meet my EX-wife. We were married a millennia and it did not work out honorably. Fortunately, I learned the sage value of a pre-nuptial agreement."

But seriously though, there is mythology between those two nations, and the real world historical conflict between Japan and China. So in other words, Yu and Amaterasu (yoo hoo, rhyming couple) fought bitterly for many years then kissed and made up. Awww, sweet!

Mythology I'm digging up emphasizes that Amaterasu was a BENEVOLENT goddess. Could this be a clue?
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Well, it will be the first goddess me meet in person. We've always concentrated on the men system lords and not the women. Perhaps the women lords have even stronger command. That would be funny!
          __

__

Comment

That would be cool, since I think in Japanese mythology, Amaterasu was like the sun goddess and that's kind of a big deal, I think she was like supreme ruler of the Celestial Temple of something. There have been Hathor and Nirrti though in brief capacity, but interestingly they seem to be represented on the show as EX-System Lords. I think it's stated that Nirrti was cast out, and "Miss" Hathor was struggling to regain power. Come to think of it, I wonder if any of the other Goa'uld have peculiar powers like Hathor's kiss.

Amaterasu looks like she means business with those arched eyes and pouty lips -- it would not surprise me if she pulled out a whip and started flogging disobedient Jaffa!

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Hathor didn't such have a kiss, but like a move into a kiss and she breathed on them. How strange!
              __

__

Comment

I still laugh at the part where Hathor gets out of the tub and it's just the video being played in reverse so she looks all dry.

AHHH... well, I won't try to read into this too much, but... okay... it's interesting to note that both Ama (as I'll call her for short) and Yu are listed as their respective deities of the heavens. So maybe there is some connection there?

Furthermore, Yu is described in several mythological information texts as, get this:

Yu Huang Shang-ti (Jade Emperor), also known as the Lord of Heaven (T’ien Kung or T’ien Wang): Supreme ruler of the Heavens, of the Underworld and Protector of Humanity.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/fsmtkfa/deities.html

That can't just be a coincidence.

Comment

DUM DUM DUM...
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

*Hugs the computer screen* Haha... Yes, i would like to see that as well
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                    X