This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torley
    Andron: Ahhh thanks, pardon my ignorance, I didn't know they were adding in Japanese mythology too! That's really cool, I wonder if her Jaffa will be Kappa

I like Chris Judge with hair too, clues point that he'll act more like a Tau'ri and say a little bit more and be more casual like he was in that "The Changeling" episode... maybe it's symbolic to show that he truly feels like Earth can be his home now!
    that's IT!
    That's what bothers me...now I know.
    I don't like the fact that he is making earth his home and conforming to the way earth people are.

I think Teal'C should be him...and not try to be an earthling. It's like he's abandoning his people almost...because he's no longer gonna be one of them.
    he was good like that in the changeling..but I really don't think I could like him if he was like that all the time...he has a STRONG presense the way he is...tough and unmoving...but if he becomes more human...he's gonna lose that completely.
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
      that's IT!
      That's what bothers me...now I know.
      I don't like the fact that he is making earth his home and conforming to the way earth people are.

I think Teal'C should be him...and not try to be an earthling. It's like he's abandoning his people almost...because he's no longer gonna be one of them.
      he was good like that in the changeling..but I really don't think I could like him if he was like that all the time...he has a STRONG presense the way he is...tough and unmoving...but if he becomes more human...he's gonna lose that completely.
      I totally disagree, just because hes getting hair doesn't mean hes going to be completely human or anything, its just 'hair'.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

This is very hair orientated. I must say that, even though it is a more 'human' aspect, having Teal'c with hair...it just looks really wrong, and kinda strange. I'll probably get used to it though, or they may choose to do away with it, much like that weird little blonde goatee he had at the beginning of season 4.

I'm really liking Sam's hair though, very season 2ish, I'm liking very much. I didn't particularly like it in the last season, so it's very much improved. I can't wait to see the season opening, it's going to be so great!

Comment

I love Teal'c with hair and I didn't think that I would. That new Japanese Gou'ald woman looks kind of scary. And since this thread seems to be hair orientated I have to say that I like Sam's hair much better in those pics. It looks like the weedwacker hair is gone. I'm really excited for season 8. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

My only concern is jack. If you look at General Hammond in the entire series, he practically always was in formal military uniform, or at least more "desk-like" clothes. Jack is still in his... i forget the proper term, but his blue and green jump suits. Shouldn't he be in uniform?

Comment

Not sure about some of the pictures. Seeing Teal'c with hair looked weird to start off with, but is something I could get used to.

Wasn't sure about the replacement of the actress that plays Dr Weir, but having read an interview by Torri Higginson, my opinion of her has changed as she seems like someone with a great sense of humour, so I'm also looking forward to seeing how she slots into things.

Mmm, the new doctor. Well she looks about 12 and could be Janet's daughter, or at best her younger sister. Sorry, but they should have gone for someone who looks totally different to Teryl Rothery as I think that this new person will be another reminder that a fine actress is no longer in the show.

I'm looking forward to the Fifth storyline as I liked the character and the flaws that were so subtly played by Patrick Currie back in S6.

Will wait to see the episodes before making a final judgement, but so far some episodes sound interesting, others not so.

E

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                I totally disagree, just because hes getting hair doesn't mean hes going to be completely human or anything, its just 'hair'.
                Hair has a significant impact on a character. Just look at Deep Space Nine...more people enjoyed the later seasons..which happen to take place when Sisco was BALD...than when he had hair.

It's TRUE!

Besides..Teal'C just looks a whole lot less improsing with that hair...the enemy Jaffa would look at him and just laugh...(and then teal'c would staff blast them)

It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Besides..Teal'C just looks a whole lot less improsing with that hair...the enemy Jaffa would look at him and just laugh...(and then teal'c would staff blast them)
                  Haha, thats a pro then

Comment

Hey, there's pics for Zero Hour up too! No headline for it though

Comment

I still think hair has little effect to a persons character, did Daniel act different when he got his hair cut?

Comment

Teal'C with hair = Worst idea *EVER*

he looks horrible..and adding the hair even takes away from the presence of his character :/
                        Well it's a good thing that it's Teal'c getting hair, and not whoever you're talking about...

It's Teal'c! Teal'c!

I like the hair.

I'm also really liking Torri as Dr. Weir, you can see the anger in her eyes about those nasty Goa'uld. I don't think Jessica could have pulled that off, she seemed so much more fluffy

And Baal in Zero Hour. I'm pretty sure that it's just a hologram of him, but some of the angles seem a bit strange for it...

Comment

I don't really mind who plays Dr. Weir, but yes indead, Torri does have a rage in her eyes, but why?

Comment

Phew! My fingers are numb. Here's GateWorld's five new Season Eight photo galleries:

New Order, Part 1
                            http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/801.shtml

New Order, Part 2
                            http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/802.shtml

Lockdown
                            http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/803.shtml

Zero Hour
                            http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/804.shtml

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/8x4.shtml
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thank you very much Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                                On an additional note, I really like the costumes -- who's that Asian lady, is she from Yu's world? (I would say "concubine" but I didn't want to come off as offensive.) That corset is killer! Looks like Fifth is curious to see all of Sam Carter in one photo, although it looks more like oil than water on her
                                I believe that is supposed to be Amaretsu (sp??), a System Lord in her own right (named for the Japanese Sun Goddess).

J.
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X