Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes it seem like the episode will have no character development?

Well i'm glad we'll be seeing Hammond.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      What makes it seem like the episode will have no character development?

Well i'm glad we'll be seeing Hammond.
      People have a preconception that if there's a cool ship then the episode won't be about anything else... apparently said people missed Unnatural Selection and Grace

Comment

Maybe, that's a nice role for him, thats my opinion

Comment

I didn't like Grace, I thought it undermined Sam's character and other than that considered it a Star Trek episode with Stargate characters wedged into it. Unnatural Selection seemed to have most the more interesting stuff happen off the ship.

I think Prometheus Unbound(anyone notice the abbreviation for this is PU ) will have no character development based on more than those spoilers on Gateworld. Unless they throw in a doozy of a twist at the end of the script...I'm not seeing anything interesting happening characterwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            People have a preconception that if there's a cool ship then the episode won't be about anything else... apparently said people missed Unnatural Selection and Grace
            Umm yah, i totally agree, i thought Unnatural Selection/Grace had excellent character development, but some people just don't see it.

Comment

Well, I didn't miss Grace. Much to my sorrow.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                Well, I didn't miss Grace. Much to my sorrow.
                Yes... Sorrow... I thought the little girl, Grace, was pretty freaky...

Comment

That's a rather sweeping generalization, don't you think? I liked "Prometheus", loved US, "Grace" and TLC 2, and liked "Memento" a lot. My problem with this episode spoiler has nothing to do with the fact that the Prometheus is involved. the set-up itself does not seem to be concerned with character development, except possibly "Vala", and I really don't care about her. With only 20 eps next year, I hate to see any wasted and this episode looks like a waste (along with several others listed).

I realize that episodes can change drastically from the spoilers and the final ep might be something I enjoy. But, right now, I can only judge from the spoilers. And it is no less "correct", based upon spoilers, to say that it doesn't sound particularly interesting or exciting to me, than it is to say that it sounds great.

J.
                  "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

I totally agree epiphany.I love Stargate and I will continue to watch but this sounds like another pointless episode.One more missed chance for TPTB to wrap up an outstanding storyline.It seems like TPTB spend about 5 minutes in planning Season 8.It seems like we are seeing more Hammond then Jack.Is it too much to ask to have one good Jack episode.Even with RDA's reduced schedule it should still be possible to get some good Jack Stories.
                    Last edited by ses110; 03 June 2004, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                      I totally agree epiphany.I love Stargate and I will continue to watch but this sounds like another pointless episode.One more missed chance for TPTB to wrap up an outstanding storyline.It seems like TPTB spend about 5 minutes in planning Season 8.It seems like we are seeing more Hammond then Jack.Is it too much to ask to have one good Jack episode.Even with RDA's reduced schedule it should still be possible to get some good Jack Stories.
                      Are you talking about this episode alone, or the whole season 8?

Comment

I'am sorry to say but so far the whole Season 8.We cannot have episodes like this and episodes like Avatar where Teal'c is trapped in a simulation or Affinity where Teal'c moves into an apartment.These episodes are not what Stargate is about IMO.I am a big Shipper but I also love the team episodes but so far it sounds like all the characters are going off on there own adventures.I can understand each character getting one episode to be the star but I do not want to see these episodes every week.I would Love to see Jack Sam Daniel and Teal be the center of the episode.I do not want to see a guest character show up and then spend time with just Sam Daniel or Teal'c. If Budget problems are causing these types of episodes it is time for 8 to be the last Season IMO.Sorry for the rant.

Comment

Come on, the episode is two characters on a ship, alone. If there's no character development then it's just watching two people sit on a ship for the best part of 40 minutes!

I'd say the relationship between Daniel and Vala will be something like a cross between his relationships with Kera (P&P) and Anna (Res.).

Bah, why do I bother... all it would take for half of you to like it is to put Daniel in his jammy-jams!

Comment

Come on, the episode is two characters on a ship, alone. If there's no character development then it's just watching two people sit on a ship for the best part of 40 minutes!

I'd say the relationship between Daniel and Vala will be something like a cross between his relationships with Kera (P&P) and Anna (Res.).

Bah, why do I bother... all it would take for half of you to like it is to put Daniel in his jammy-jams!

Eww...sorry not into jammies.

Simply having two characters alone on a ship is not a guarantee for character development(and heaven forbid the relationship is anything like the one's above--how about something new). Just because characters are talking it doesn't mean characters are developing, it's possible to have lots of "sound and fury signifing nothing". Vala will to a certain extent because it's part of the episode, learning her little secret. Daniel most likely won't be though, he'll most likely just be a means for the audience to find out about their "strikingly beautiful" guest star of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
                              Eww...sorry not into jammies.

Simply having two characters alone on a ship is not a guarantee for character development(and heaven forbid the relationship is anything like the one's above--how about something new). Just because characters are talking it doesn't mean characters are developing, it's possible to have lots of "sound and fury signifing nothing". Vala will to a certain extent because it's part of the episode, learning her little secret. Daniel most likely won't be though, he'll most likely just be a means for the audience to find out about their "strikingly beautiful" guest star of the week.
                              Well, we're going to have to wait and see if 'two people on a ship' won't, or will be 'character development', but if there is any, i think it'll be more on getting to know more about Vala and her people.

Comment

Spoilers! Highlight to read.
                                I just read the spoilers for this ep. I think this would be a great ep to kill DJ off! Haha! But really. He should trust Vala and then she should so kill his ass.
                                Last edited by TechnoBoY; 13 June 2004, 09:28 AM.
                                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                                X