Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very glad we get to see Hammond, it doesn't mean I think the episode sounds any good. What, besides Hammond, sounds great about it?

Hammond and friends get stuck on the "injured" alkesh. Daniel gets captured(again) on the Prometheus(can't wait to hear what they concoct to get him on the Prometheus without the rest of his team, this should good, not!) by the woman(who managed to look so convincing in the latest in super soldier fashions she did what the real super soldiers have never been able to--beat us--and you just know they are probably going to have a dude in those duds until it's time to take off the helmet).

The writers are going to come up with some convoluted and probably not in the least bit clever way to convince us that said solo fake super soldier managed to get a contingent of military off the Prometheus so she could steal it(yet somehow conveniently--for the writers if not for her--with Daniel still on board). Yes all the military people will leave the Prometheus and leave the civilian on board or civilian will suddenly remember he needs to get something, go back on board and the ship will :oof:: leave with him on board where he will in short order be captured.

Daniel gets to be there but do little of importance or impressiveness, except give the guest chick someone to act off of, because heaven forbid they should actually put him in a situation where his mind gets a chance to show off, if they even remember he has a mind, they do seem to have conveniently forgotten he has one, and quite a brilliant one, since Season 4. In any event, he most likely won't need to use that mind on anything more complex than untying his hands(because you know there's gotta be a chair, there is always a chair, and she's gonna tie him to it, that's what all wanna-be kidnappers and capturers do).

No Daniel'll get to listen to her problems while she pretends to be menacing, all the while working on getting those hands free(because would be kidnappers somehow never think to check). He'll grab her gun, the tables(or chairs) will be turned and then we'll get....

....her sob story, because you know she's going to have a sob story, about how her wonderful people who have been fighting Ba'al need rescuing. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. They'll go rescue Hammond and friends, but only after some suitably ill-timed event which is supposed to create tension and then they'll go to help her people.

Who knows, they might throw in a twist but I have my doubts.

Comment

Great to see the return of Hammond, don't get me wrong but the episodes involving the Promethus don't always go to my liking. I didn't think Promethus was wonderful, although I did like the scattered humour. If we're going to see a heavy amount of Hammond, then that goes to my liking. Great to see him return
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
        I thought that title sounded familiar. It was the name of an episode of "Beast Machines," the follow-up to "Beast Wars" (Transformers), both of which starred Gary Chalk (who rules) as the voice of Optimus Primal.
        I immediatly thought that also

more spoilers:
        http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.co...ndex.php?cat=3
        Last edited by shockwave; 03 June 2004, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Prometheus Unbound is a lyrical drama by Percy Bysshe Shelley (Mr Mary Wolstonecroft to his friends); Mary Wolstonecroft-Shelley subtitled Frankenstein 'A Modern Prometheus'. From the two, Brian Aldiss created the SF story Frankenstein Unbound.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

So I take it General Hammond has been promoted to command the Prometheus and all the other ships they are probably building.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
              Oh god, this episode sounds terrible. I am at the point where I almost wish they would stick Daniel in a corner rather than putting him in these awful, unimaginative, pointless episodes that deal with nothing of importance. On the Prometheus? And twice in one season, stuck alone away from the team with a typically "beautiful" woman? Way to be imaginative.
              Epiphany, we tend to have different takes on the series, but I am with you wholeheartedly on this one! This sounds absolutely awful. While I'm happy to see DSD back, and I don't necessarily have a problem with Prometheus eps, this isn't really one of those, is it? There's no real *use* to the Prometheus in this episode; it's just a backdrop. Not to mention, shades of "Grace".

This is the second episode with Daniel alone (in regards to anyone from the SGC, that is) and with a "strikingly beautiful" woman (I'm curious: is this to suggest that Daniel isn't concerned if the woman is homely??). And I agree: why is he there, but not the rest of the team? You might as well have given the entire team a rest and just gone with Hammond (then we could have had a *middle-aged* woman. <<g>>). And adding this spoiler to "Icon", we have to ask if this the only use to which Daniel is going to be put next season: declaiming nobly--and everyone else immediately falls into line? As articulate as Daniel can be, it does get a little hard to buy after a while.

And what's with our military? This is the second time (well, third, if you count "Grace". Though aliens with superior technology taking the crew are somewhat more believable than this other stuff) that the ship was taken over by visitors. Don't they have security? *One* person takes the whole ship? (Of course, the fact that she is "strikingly beautiful" may make all the difference: maybe she seduces them all into leaving the ship! ). Did they all troop over to the Al'kesh, the ultimate "away" team?? Right now, they all sound pretty stupid.

J.
              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                Epiphany, we tend to have different takes on the series, but I am with you wholeheartedly on this one! This sounds absolutely awful. While I'm happy to see DSD back, and I don't necessarily have a problem with Prometheus eps, this isn't really one of those, is it? There's no real *use* to the Prometheus in this episode; it's just a backdrop. Not to mention, shades of "Grace".
                LOL. You know as I was getting ready to write about it, I thought "This may finally be the thing DarkQuee1 and I agree on".

I just can't believe they could use this for an episode of a well-established sci fi series in the year 2004. The story sounds positively amatuerish.

Comment

Oh god, this episode sounds terrible. I am at the point where I almost wish they would stick Daniel in a corner rather than putting him in these awful, unimaginative, pointless episodes that deal with nothing of importance. On the Prometheus? And twice in one season, stuck alone away from the team with a typically "beautiful" woman? Way to be imaginative.

I knew it was just a matter of time before they dragged this title out. I'll give 'em credit, it took them two seasons to do it--and I'm sure it has next to no relation to the subject matter of the episode.

(Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote Prometheus Unbound, Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein, Or The Modern Prometheus)

I agree. Once again the show is called Stargate SG-1, and from the sounds of it we don't see SG-1 or the Stargate. I'm glad we get Hammond back, but will we see him for more than 5 minutes?

Last season it was Sam stuck on the ship, this season Daniel, if there's a season 9 Teal'c will be next. It sounds like a boring episode that really has no point at all.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I'm very glad we get to see Hammond, it doesn't mean I think the episode sounds any good. What, besides Hammond, sounds great about it?

Hammond and friends get stuck on the "injured" alkesh. Daniel gets captured(again) on the Prometheus(can't wait to hear what they concoct to get him on the Prometheus without the rest of his team, this should good, not!) by the woman(who managed to look so convincing in the latest in super soldier fashions she did what the real super soldiers have never been able to--beat us--and you just know they are probably going to have a dude in those duds until it's time to take off the helmet).

The writers are going to come up with some convoluted and probably not in the least bit clever way to convince us that said solo fake super soldier managed to get a contingent of military off the Prometheus so she could steal it(yet somehow conveniently--for the writers if not for her--with Daniel still on board). Yes all the military people will leave the Prometheus and leave the civilian on board or civilian will suddenly remember he needs to get something, go back on board and the ship will :oof:: leave with him on board where he will in short order be captured.

Daniel gets to be there but do little of importance or impressiveness, except give the guest chick someone to act off of, because heaven forbid they should actually put him in a situation where his mind gets a chance to show off, if they even remember he has a mind, they do seem to have conveniently forgotten he has one, and quite a brilliant one, since Season 4. In any event, he most likely won't need to use that mind on anything more complex than untying his hands(because you know there's gotta be a chair, there is always a chair, and she's gonna tie him to it, that's what all wanna-be kidnappers and capturers do).

No Daniel'll get to listen to her problems while she pretends to be menacing, all the while working on getting those hands free(because would be kidnappers somehow never think to check). He'll grab her gun, the tables(or chairs) will be turned and then we'll get....

....her sob story, because you know she's going to have a sob story, about how her wonderful people who have been fighting Ba'al need rescuing. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. They'll go rescue Hammond and friends, but only after some suitably ill-timed event which is supposed to create tension and then they'll go to help her people.

Who knows, they might throw in a twist but I have my doubts.
                    See...the thing is, I like to not make assumptions, and wait until I actually SEE the ep before making my decision on whether I like it or not. All episodes sound good to me because they are Stargate, my favorite show. I don't just hate everything right out of the gate, just for the sake of hating it.
                    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I don't hate it just for the sake of hating, I think it sounds like the most boring, dull, unimaginative, pointless episode I've heard of yet. It doesn't even sound like we'll get any character development or revelation out of it on the parts of Daniel and Hammond. So I believe it will most likely add absolutely nothing to the series or the characters.

I thought Lockdown sounded very interesting. Zero Hour sounds pretty okay, there is a certain amount of hope I have for the New Orders. Everything besides that just seems to go down hill with every new spoiler released IMO.

Daniel's my favorite character so if I'm dreading an episode that features him, it certainly isn't "hating it just for the sake of hating it".

Comment

Sounds like a freakin AWESOME episode!
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Why would anyone hate something just for the sake of hating it? From what I've seen, people who have a negative feeling have given their reasons, and they seem to be more well thought out than just "hating it for the sake of it"

I'm pretty much apathetic. I learned my lesson with Evolution2. For me, it doesn't pay to get excited about an episode beforehand. And, no, it's not just for the sake of it. I would love to be excited about an episode.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Daniel is kind of like the Daphne of the Stargate gang (those of you who grew up on Scooby Doo or have even seen the movies will know what I'm talking about). If it's not aliens he's being captured by Unas or South American rebels. He's like the damsel in distress. But I love him.

I am really happy to hear that Hammond will be back for at least one episode. And it sounds as though he will have a major part. There hasn't been any mention of any other members of the team so it's possible it will be a Hammond/Daniel centric episode. Which is good. It sounds like Danny will be getting a few episodes during the first part of the season. I'm really looking forward to season 8.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

This episode sounds really cool to me. Its one that I am looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                                There hasn't been any mention of any other members of the team so it's possible it will be a Hammond/Daniel centric episode. Which is good. It sounds like Danny will be getting a few episodes during the first part of the season. I'm really looking forward to season 8.
                                Which stinks IMO.

The episodes themselves are very unimaginative and play to none of Daniel's true strengths or talents. They all seem to have little effect or relation to major arcs of the show--in this case Ba'al is a major arc but this episode looks like it is going to be very periphery and from what I can tell have little to no effect on it in anyway. It also looks like there will be next to no character development so it is not even a good "character" episode. Daniel just happens to be the one who is there, anyone could have been plugged into that role.

I'd also like to get to see Daniel WITH his teamates instead of constantly being seperated from them.

I'd really rather Daniel had his episodes, if we must do it that way, spread out over the course of the season because I don't want another situation like last season where it was all Sam, all the time during the last half of the year. If they are going to do these individually focused episodes, they should spread them out for all the characters over the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X