• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3
    hum they could have figured it out when they captured the crew
    yeah

Comment

if the furlings are so advanced, they wouldnt have attacked because they'd have sensed the asgard technology, so i dont think it was the furlings.
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
        if the furlings are so advanced, they wouldnt have attacked because they'd have sensed the asgard technology, so i dont think it was the furlings.
        yeah but remeber they had Goa'uld technology on the ship they furlings could have thought the goa'uld have stole asgrrd technology

Comment

ok, i didn't think about that.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
            i think i was the furlings they attack beacsue they detected the Goa'uld technology and may have thought it was some kind of new goua'ld ship but when Carter was able to help them escape that gas nebula, they realized that they were not goa'uld but they were not sure if they could trust them so they just left

I thought the same thing literally in a previous post.
            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

i just posted i did not ready any of the other posts

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                I have always wondered about that, and my best guess was that it was the Furlings and they did detect the Goa'uld technology, but when they saw first-hand on how Carter was able to help them escape that gas nebula, they realized that they were not goa'uld, just simply using goa'uld technology to help themselves defend against the Goa'uld. Course it would be interesting if/when they do introduce the Furlings, (over some kind of dispute) one of their commanders speaks praise of the Tau'ri, and the Asgard, having been an ally of the Furling, send Thor to also speak on behalf of the Tau'ri and how they have saved the Asgard and the universe time and time again from certain destruction. Course another theory I had was that it wasnt the Furling at all. And that the furling are actually just as advanced or possibly the ones who helped the ancients ascend (possibly the furlings are created in an ascended form) and they are the ones who would be the deciding factor having watched SG-1 and the SGC to see if they are worthy of becoming the Fifth Race.

This is from Page 2 of this thread

Comment

oh well than we both think the same thing

Comment

thats an interesting theory....hmm
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well it does have merit since for thousands of years, the Goa'uld have been scavengers of Technology from every race, so it would only make sense that if they obtained enough advanced technology, they would rival that of the Asgard, which is why they initially open-fired. The ship had probably picked up the signature from that of the Goa'uld technology, and in past incidences, shooting first, ask questions later led to better outcomes. But once they realized that Carter was willing to help them escape the nebula, they then realized that humans had advanced enough to use Goa'uld and asgard technology, but to use that technology for the better.

Comment

Didn't Prometheus have some Asgard technology at that time also? Sheilds and supposidly some weapons. So perhaps they thought the people of the ship stole Ancient crystal technology (since all Goauld technology is based on stolen Ancient technology) and then Asgard technology.

.. or perhaps Prometheus was trespassing in their region of space. This could have been interpreted many ways by the aliens. Would we have done the same if we had advanced ships and a complelty unknown vessel just appeared?

Comment

Shields, weapons and erm... A transporter, too. Unfortunately, we don't have their scanners.

Comment

The size is good though. Is the Asgards ship bigger?
                            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

i think it's the same size (u can compare on episode unnatural selection i think)

Comment

Negative. The Asgard ship is much bigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X