Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont some(or alot) of people like Sam to be...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whitster
    Yeah we don't wanna end up as sterotypical as the Stargate russians, how long d'ya reckon it'l be until they start talking about Nuclear Wessels.
    ROFL

Alameda? I am looking for the nuclear wessels.....nuclear wessels?
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
      Well, then to replace what O'neill brought into the mix, besides leadership, you have to have another warrior type so he, or she, and Teal'c can cover Daniel and Sam's butt while they go about doing their special things.
      From what I've seen, Sam no longer does the scientific things she used to do when Jack was in charge. We haven't had much of a chance to see them do some actual recon things, because there's always been something going on. Plus, the team is more of a First-Line of Defense Team, so... It's kinda up in the air. Either way, I don't see Sam doing the same things she used to do. The things she did in Zero Hour (sorry, trying to be vague!) seem to be the appropriate extent of what she should do for the rest of her time on SG-1.

Also, as loathe as I am to agree with some people's sentiments, I have to say that I was a little concerned during Zero Hour. I have a heckuvalot of faith in Sam, but it just seemed a little... light, when it came to proving to everyone that she was ready to be out there as the CO of SG-1. And THEN, in Icon and Avatar, we were able to see her in Colonel Mode, which was very refreshing. I think Sam can pull it off, but I've thought that since The Lost City, so... Whateva!

Anyway, I think SG-1's new role at the SGC provides a little bit of leeway for SG-1, considering the fact that it's probably the only three-man team, Teal'c, Sam, and Daniel are undoubtedly Jack's favorites, it's the flagship team, and they're only used as a Major Defense Team.

If they were to add a fourth person, they'd have to put someone like Lieutenant Ford from Stargate Atlantis. He's a really good young guy, and he really is very likeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
        Well, then to replace what O'neill brought into the mix, besides leadership, you have to have another warrior type so he, or she, and Teal'c can cover Daniel and Sam's butt while they go about doing their special things.
        From what I've seen, Sam no longer does the scientific things she used to do when Jack was in charge. We haven't had much of a chance to see them do some actual recon things, because there's always been something going on. Plus, the team is more of a First-Line of Defense Team, so... It's kinda up in the air. Either way, I don't see Sam doing the same things she used to do. The things she did in Zero Hour (sorry, trying to be vague!) seem to be the appropriate extent of what she should do for the rest of her time on SG-1.

Also, as loathe as I am to agree with some people's sentiments, I have to say that I was a little concerned during Zero Hour. I have a heckuvalot of faith in Sam, but it just seemed a little... light, when it came to proving to everyone that she was ready to be out there as the CO of SG-1. And THEN, in Icon and Avatar, we were able to see her in Colonel Mode, which was very refreshing. I think Sam can pull it off, but I've thought that since The Lost City, so... Whateva!

Anyway, I think SG-1's new role at the SGC provides a little bit of leeway for SG-1, considering the fact that it's probably the only three-man team, Teal'c, Sam, and Daniel are undoubtedly Jack's favorites, it's the flagship team, and they're only used as a Major Defense Team.

If they were to add a fourth person, they'd have to put someone like Lieutenant Ford from Stargate Atlantis. He's a really good young guy, and he really is very likeable.

Comment

I think the PTB will use Sam's Leadership and Geek potential as needed per episode. I still believe, for the reasons stated earlier, that any 4th member needs to be a skilled fighter type....perhaps a Ranger or even a Green Beret.

Rambo!
          Last edited by Ancient 1; 17 August 2004, 10:43 PM.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
          X