No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Stargate Fan When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You scream when your parents cancel Sky because that's the only way you get Stargate. (This happened in mid July... I still haven't gotten over that)

You inform your science teacher that in fact, it is possible to build a galactic travel machine out of a toaster.

You drop grades because you were on Gateworld or FF.net when you were supposed to be doing coursework

You petition regularly for a laptop of your own because your dad is always on the family computer because he's an IT dude

You have Goa'uld, Teal'c, Jaffa, Ori, Stargate and Cheyenne saved on your Microsoft Word dictionary.

The school IT system has blocked Gateworld because you're too busy on there o focus in lessons.

You know Rodney's password by heart (16431879196842)

You find yourself nodding along to all of these
    Spoiler:
    You say that a lot.
    What?
    "Indeed"
    Do I?
    Yeah.
    I had not noticed.

Comment

... you never EVER end a sentence with a preposition.
      sigpic

Comment

- when you own the entire stargate collection
        - when you say indeed or for crying out loud too much
        - when you think about getting earths address as a tattoo
        - when you download all stargate ost's
        - when you try and incorperate stargate related material into video games (i have sg-1 sims, create stargate ships in star trek armada 2 etc etc)
        - when you instantly recognise actors from the stargate franchise in other shows (tony amendola in dexter, teryl rothery in kyle xy) and start watching the show just cus there in it (ok i was already watching dexter when i saw bra'tac, but i started watching kyle xy because teryl was in it)
        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 23 September 2008, 04:56 AM.
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

You listen to Gateworld podcast.

Comment

You know you're a Stargate fan when...

...You hear the name Cameron and think of Col. Mitchell
            instead of your own brother, who's name is Cameron.
            sigpic

Comment

when you start quoting Shi-fu, Oma De Sala, Dannyboy and Jack O'Neill whenever the situation requires it:

Philosophy class:
              Prof: "What's the meaning of knowledge?"
              Me: "Knowledge is power. But it's how you use that power that defines if you are good or evil."
              sigs by Rachel-Kree, josiane and finally me too!
              Thank you!

"The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Shifu, Absolute Power
              Videos:
              YouTube/Imeem
              Stargate SG.1, Sam and Jack, Sanctuary...

Comment

When the only fanfictions you read are Stargate fanfictions. And you have an entire FF.net eccoutn dedicated to Stargate.

Comment

When you download GW podcatss & interviews from iTunes (Still peeved there's no episodes for SG-1 / SGA, SGC or AoT on Australian iTunes yet! *grr*) - in fact, when you downlaod anything to do with STARGATE from iTunes.

Comment

you quote Ronon from the end of Sunday when someone gets upset that they missed a set of marching drill in band. (someone said I sounded like Rafiki from the Lion King when I did that......)

you feel weird doing your english homework at home because you're not on gateworld while you do it

you get mad you're watching a movie in said class because you won't be able to get on the computers and subsequently gateworld

you spent your sick day at home watching stargate and on gateworld

Comment

Your entire vocabulary is derived from STARGATE-inspired catch-phrase,s words & qoutable qoutes.

Comment

Your a stargate fan when: You tell your mother on that your ha'tak mothership is waiting behind the darkside of the moon and that your Apophis himself
                        sigpic
                        by Snowflake Shona

Comment

when you have built your own stargate

i have i tells yah !!!
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

...you only get into Physics and Engineering to figure out how to build a Stargate... well, and a lightsabre but that's a different fandom.
                            LLAP

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                              Your entire vocabulary is derived from STARGATE-inspired catch-phrase,s words & qoutable qoutes.
                              supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

you name your children after characters in the show....

Comment

Working...
                                X