No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Stargate Fan When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when gateworld is your homepage (yes, I virtually 'live' here! ).

Comment

Cackles with glee I love these kinds of threads because its so true (I've posted these on another thread like this one on a different site that I frequent) Here's the first two.

Ok at work we're doing a fund raiser for St. Jude to help fight childhood cancer. Basically you donate a dollar and get to color a pepper which is then displayed in the store.

This is a pic of one of the peppers somebody colored last year (2007).

When I first saw this I was like OMG!! Lt. Cadman was eating at my Chili's and I totally missed seeing her

And this is the one that I did this year:
      Oglethorpe: We have successfully traveled eons across both space and time, through the Fargate......... to get FREE CABLE!
      Emory: I think it's a st- Star...gate....
      Oglethorpe: It's the Fargate! "F"! It's different from that movie that I've never seen, so how would I copy it?
      Emory: Chill, man. It's allright, let's just turn it on!
      Oglethorpe: I just want to make sure that we are clear it's the Fargate! "Goes far", get it? And there it is no way it came from that movie, or that syndicated series based on the movie!
      Emory: But.... it sure was a good movie.....
      Oglethorpe: Yeah, yes it was...
      'Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Universal Remonster'
      http://superheroindisguise.multiply.com

Comment

when ur convinced that jocks suck the life out of freshmen using their hands when u go to school... and u have made more than one freshman believe that... *wishes he was guilty of the second part* lol
        sigpic

Comment

When this has you convinced that Apophis has infiltrated your local collage campus.

Seriously I've lived in Lubbock, TX for two years now and from the very first day I passed by the Jones AT&T football stadium 2 years ago this has been on the wall with no signs that any one has tried to cover it over with paint or scrub it off the wall.
          Oglethorpe: We have successfully traveled eons across both space and time, through the Fargate......... to get FREE CABLE!
          Emory: I think it's a st- Star...gate....
          Oglethorpe: It's the Fargate! "F"! It's different from that movie that I've never seen, so how would I copy it?
          Emory: Chill, man. It's allright, let's just turn it on!
          Oglethorpe: I just want to make sure that we are clear it's the Fargate! "Goes far", get it? And there it is no way it came from that movie, or that syndicated series based on the movie!
          Emory: But.... it sure was a good movie.....
          Oglethorpe: Yeah, yes it was...
          'Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Universal Remonster'
          http://superheroindisguise.multiply.com

Comment

When someone asks you your address, you repspond: Auriga-Cetus-Centaurus-Scutum-Eridanus.

When you get in your car, you start wondering why it isn't listening to your mental commands.

Whenever you plan on going on vacation, you need to bring at least three other people: A nerd/linguist, an over-explanatory genius, and a strong, silent guy.

When you're studying Greek Mythology, you wonder what the hell a series of titanium plates is doing in the Pantheon. You also wonder who rewrote the books with ship names just to screw with your head.

When you avoid stepping in puddles because they might close at any second.

When you begin to wonder who replaced your telephone glyphs with digits.

When people are playing Halo, you give them weird stares when they say they're riding Wraiths.

Comment

Originally posted by cael View Post

when people are playing halo, you give them weird stares when they say they're riding wraiths.
              lmao!!
              sigpic

Comment

*You accidentally spell Stargate instead of Strange.
                *You accidentally spell dead as daed (as in Daedalus)
                *You dream your climbing up an elevator shaft with Rodney Mckay. (among other things)
                *You say quotes from Stargate in everyday conversation
                *You downloaded the entire soundtrack of the movies, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis
                *You get excited at 3:04 p.m.
                *You get goosebumps every time you watch the last 2 minutes of Unending
                *A little part of you died when you heard Atlantis was canceled
                *You want to name your dog Rodney
                *You pass by Shanks road and think of Daniel Jackson
                Last edited by Anubis10545; 18 September 2008, 07:58 PM.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

The most common word in your vocabulary is "Indeed".

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post

*You accidentally spell Stargate instead of Strange.
                    *You accidentally spell dead as daed (as in Daedalus)
                    *You dream your climbing up an elevator shaft with Rodney Mckay. (among other things)
                    *You say quotes from Stargate in everyday conversation
                    *You downloaded the entire soundtrack of the movies, Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis
                    *You get excited at 3:04 p.m.
                    *You get goosebumps every time you watch the last 2 minutes of Unending
                    *A little part of you died when you heard Atlantis was canceled
                    *You want to name your dog Rodney
                    *You pass by Shanks road and think of Daniel Jackson
                    The one I bolded is true for me as well

The one I underlined made me

The one I italicized is only partly true for me...a big part of me died when i heard atlantis was canceled
                    Originally posted by tegalans View Post

The most common word in your vocabulary is "Indeed".
                    This one is me too

Green for you both!

Comment

You have a pet named space monkey
                      You apologize and kiss the dvd's when you accidentally drop it in any way. (I do this)
                      You correct your friends about the different of alternate dimensions, time lines, and realities/universes
                      You meditate on your own ascension
                      You accidentally recite episodes as you watch them

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
                      Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post
                        You do it on purpose - because you can't help it. I mean, how could you know whisper along with Jack when he tells Carter "Always"???

I'm also very guilty of overusing "Indeed"
                        ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aeyame View Post
                          I do this too, but on purpose. I have the entire phoenix segment in the SGA episode The Last Man memorized... and then some. And about meditation on my own ascension, sort of...

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

You know your a fan when you great your friends in the same way O'Neill does.

My Controls · Edit Signature · Edit Avatar

Comment

your entire life is a satyre of STARGATE & you can't stop qouting your fabvouerite show, for crying out loud!

Comment

You know you're a Stargate fan when you keep on writing 'Stargate' when you mean to write something else star related, no matter how many times you try to rewrite it after the first time.

You know you're a Stargate fan when you find yourself thinking 'They just don't get it' when talking about Stargate with a non-fan about anything. (Particularly, the cancellation)
                                ~Bushy~

"Look, you don't know me. This is when I'm at my best. This is when I shine: impossible deadlines."
                                Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay
                                -
                                "That doesn’t matter! You’re hostages! We’re your…we’re your captors! We’re heavily armed! There’s rules! There’s a whole school of etiquette to this!"
                                Dr. Daniel Jackson
                                -
                                "My name is Dean Winchester. I'm an Aquarius. I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
                                Dean Winchester

Comment

Working...
                                X