Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping gets my vote for best actor, though Richard Dean Anderson, Chris Judge, Michael Shanks, Don S Davis and Corin Nemec all deserve honourable mentions.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Easy question

RDA
      He used to be a talking mime! How could anyon compete with that?

MS and AT come in second
      Thank you Jenova Synthesis

Thank you to homever I borrowed this from

Comment

I must say Christopher Judge it must be hard to play Teal'c and then RDA, Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping and the rest of them for the series to last as long as it has.
        I had to have the picture of Teal'c because as any woman can see Christopher Judge is talented, humourous and extremely sexy.

Comment

Amanda Tapping! She is absolutely amazing. She's one of the things that kept me through S9. Not only is she a fabulous actress, she's an equally fabulous person.

Comment

RDA with Amanda a close second.

Betcha never saw that coming
            sigpic

Comment

DEFINITELY RDA! Watch Abyss, Lost City Part II, and Cold Lazarus for some good examples of his fine acting! (Not to mention fine everything else! )
              What would Jack do?

Comment

I voted for MS. They're all really good, but MS has demosntrated a versatility that no one else has. To an extent that's because MS has been given more chances to act more different characters than anyone else has, but also he just does it better than anyone else.

CJ is perfect as teal'c. Teal'c is as much the best-acted character as Daniel is, and in Holiday and Changeling where we've seen a different side of CJ I've been impressed. He'd be my second choice.

The best piece of acting in the entire show is MS's monologue in the infirmary, after Janet's death. Marvellous stuff. The second best is the RDA/MS stuff in act 3 or 4 of Abyss. RDA owns the screen, and MS is excellent support.
                Last edited by Madeleine; 30 June 2006, 06:47 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Richard Dean Anderson. I have always loved his way of acting, and he puts a lot into delivering the dramatic moments as well as the comical.

Comment

I voted for Amanda Tapping. I loved how she played Sam in the early episodes, such as in Singularity, Solitudes, In the Line of Duty, Tok'ra I and II, and Jolinar's Memories, but I think we got to see AT's range of skills most in seasons 7 and 8. She was able to play different aspects of Sam, as well as play different Sams altogether such as Replicarter and GeekySam.

Comment

Amanda, closely followed by Chris. I would have voted for him too but alas, only one vote.

Comment

Amanda Tapping. Without question.

Her range is phenomenal...from really angsty to funny to quirky to ice cold rage...and everything in between. There's a reason TPTB double her more than anyone else. She's able to add nuances to the various Carters and make them completely different from each other.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Sorry RDA, but you are not with us full time anymore! I had to go with AT on this one.

Comment

I have to say Michael Shanks. Don't get me wrong, Amanda, Chris and Richard are all amazing too, but MS has just gotten to do so meny different moods and charactors. He always seems to be playing the crazy guy though, everything super insane happens to him it seems. But he dose a really good job with it! So I'm going with Michael.

"Yeah well a lies not a lie till somebody tells the truth you know. Thats why you can't ever impress anyone, your always to busy being honest."

Comment

Mmf! I can't choose between RDA and AT!

It's all a superb cast though. Those two'd have to be my favorites though.
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

my choice?

AMANDA TAPPING, all the way!

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X