Stargate: Horizon Blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SierraGulf1
    That's odd, I'm not seeing the new entry posted.
    I'm seeing it. You might just have to click on it again.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Hi, I'm still learning to navigate this site. I hope I'm posting in the right place. First I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work keeping this virtual series going. I think it's great! It's especially nice with a long wait until July and season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis.

Have you considered an alternate virtual actor for Chase Reynolds since Ben Browder has another role in the Stargate universe?

Do you have virtual actors in mind for guest roles like Sonak?

Finally, I am an English major and while I'm not trying to be overly critical, there are several words that are consistently mispelled. As they are actual words they don't get caught with spellcheck.

"college" is an institution of higher learning.
      "colleague" is an associate or coworker.

"rouge" is a reddish cosmetic powder applied to the cheeks or lips.
      "rogue" is a mischievous scoundrel

"recipe" is a list of ingredients in a dish or drink
      "recopy" is not actually a word in the dictionary (that I can find). I assume it means to copy something more than once.

Thanks again for all of the hard work from the entire Horizon team from a true Stargate fan.

Oracle65

Comment

Aw, it's the first true new member in ages to fall into the "newbie" category, and not be a total n00b. Good to see the general IQ of the population improving. Anyway, no, this wasn't the right place, there's actually an "Ask the Horizon Team" thread that this would have fit perfectly into, but it's good to know that you're willing to learn that.
        Welcome to Gateworld!

Comment

Yeah, we've got a spellchecker, so you shouldn't be seeing spelling errors anymore. Those have been a problem in the past, however.

There hasn't really been any consideration for Chase Reynolds, I think by the time Ben was announced as playing Mitchell on SG-1, Chase had already become the perfect part. Of course, if this were actually airing on TV< another actor would have to be found.
          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
          Stargate Destiny, Fan
          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by oracle65
            Hi, I'm still learning to navigate this site. I hope I'm posting in the right place. First I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work keeping this virtual series going. I think it's great! It's especially nice with a long wait until July and season 10 of SG-1 and season 3 of Atlantis.
            Hey oracle,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the show. And we do purposely release new episodes when Sci-Fi and the UK are airing reruns. We've started doing that with this season, and I think we'll stick with it.

Have you considered an alternate virtual actor for Chase Reynolds since Ben Browder has another role in the Stargate universe?
            There haven't really been any considerations for alternatives, mainly since we've had chosen Ben before he had joined SG-1. I couldn't really think of anyone else. I think he fits both characters (Reynolds and Mitchell) very well.

Do you have virtual actors in mind for guest roles like Sonak?
            Steven Culp is the actor Sonak is written for. We do have an entire guest cast list, which we should post here. Scott MacDonald is the perfect guy for Sivok, Daniel Dae Kim is our Colonel Sato, John M. Jackson is General Williams, Melinda Clarke the Nebulan Woman, and of course Keith Hamilton Kobb and Armin Shimerman are Bay'lar and Zach respectively, to only name a few.

I'll make sure to post the entire list as soon as possible.

Finally, I am an English major and while I'm not trying to be overly critical, there are several words that are consistently mispelled. As they are actual words they don't get caught with spellcheck.

"college" is an institution of higher learning.
            "colleague" is an associate or coworker.

"rouge" is a reddish cosmetic powder applied to the cheeks or lips.
            "rogue" is a mischievous scoundrel

"recipe" is a list of ingredients in a dish or drink
            "recopy" is not actually a word in the dictionary (that I can find). I assume it means to copy something more than once.
            Yeah, those are the spelling mistakes where a spell checker won't do you any good. Thanks for bringing that up, but we're paying extra attention to making sure they get caught on time now.

Thanks again for all of the hard work from the entire Horizon team from a true Stargate fan.

Oracle65
            Again, those comments are greatly appreceated. Thanks to you and everyone who's following the show.

I hope you enjoy the upcoming episodes.

Comment

Alright, you're not gonna believe this, people. But I've actually UPDATED MY BLOG!!! No. You're not imagening this, it's true. It happened just a moment ago.

It reveals some interesting info, perhaps even some episode titles. Hmm.

Anyway, the url is http://www.alex-sgh.blogspot.com.

Comment

*bubble*
                *bubble*
                *EXPLODE* KIH'ANDARI KIH'ANDARI KIH'ANDARI!!!!!!!
                Yes, in case you haven't noticed, I'm really excited to see more episodes with their fellows, and now, "Preemptive Strike" and "Revolution" pretty much assure me that we'll get to see them again.^_^

Comment

Well I'm glad myself that now at last episodes can get art with them as well

Comment

what is the number of people reading horizon in the 30's or 100's? you must be able to tell how many downbloads the scripts have not asking for an exact figure just a hint.

*must read the new eps of season 2*

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                      what is the number of people reading horizon in the 30's or 100's? you must be able to tell how many downbloads the scripts have not asking for an exact figure just a hint.

*must read the new eps of season 2*
                      Well, thanks to some large scale advertising on GateWorld prior to the start of Season Two, the number of readers had grown quite a bit. It's a lot more than that actually, but only a very small part of readers post here on the forum or comment on episodes.

Judging by the number of PDF downloads, the average number of readers is somewhere in the 1000's.

Comment

I googled StarGate Horizon, and it was even mentioned on a site in Hebrew! Couldn't figure out quite what it meant, but it's interesting to know that you really are reaching fans all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
                          Well, thanks to some large scale advertising on GateWorld prior to the start of Season Two, the number of readers had grown quite a bit. It's a lot more than that actually, but only a very small part of readers post here on the forum or comment on episodes.

Judging by the number of PDF downloads, the average number of readers is somewhere in the 1000's.
                          *faints*

now i know why you bother with it

Comment

Thousands? Wow, I didn't think it would be anywhere near that!

Congratulations are in order, I'd say.
                            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Yes...condradulations alex, an co!

may horizon prosper for many years to come

Comment

That's what we're hoping for.

I suppose I should go update SGU. Unless something very unexpected happens, the air dates, titles, and release order as they stand will not change. Things are winding down, and the season will soon end.
                                Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                                Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                                Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                                Stargate Destiny, Fan
                                Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                                X